December 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by sbarr96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best concealer you'll ever have-
- Good, long lasting coverage
- They give you masses so you don't need to replace for a long time
- It's best for people that like to use thicker foundations
- It doesn't make your face look shiny provided that you pair it with the correct foundation for your skin
- It's perfect for covering up spots
- Best applied with a small concealer brush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

I can't seem to find a good color match with this concealer, but it's not a big deal since I use this as my "dark" concealer which I mix with my Tarte "light" concealer to get the perfect shade. The concealer can get pretty stiff and hard to blend in the pot, but I mostly dab it onto spots of hyperpigmentation and small blemishes so I don't need to blend too much. This stuff REALLY COVERS. I don't know how but it seems to deflect light in a way that bumps seem much smaller, but it also has a seamless finish that melts into my skin (that takes about 30 minutes or so after initial makeup application). I also like that it has a high SPF since I mostly use it to cover dark spots. I will repurchase -but maybe next time I'll look harder for a better color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by p206p206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
-very good coverage,
-you get a lot for the price(I know I know, just 7g but I use it only on blemishes, not under eyes so I don't use a lot) ,
-many shades to choose from
-spf35 is a bonus (while you don't put it all over your face)
-doesn't seem to have fragrance
Cons:
-price- If you have a lot to cover
-you will probably need some applicator

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Caleeesi

I'm pretty neutral toward this concealer. I don't tend to reach for it very often. Maybe once a week at the most. It's very thick and can be difficult to blend if it's not warm enough. It can also be difficult to blend while maintaining the level of coverage you want from it. It's ok, but I can't see myself repurchasing this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cnguyen112

NOTE: This review is for those who have certain areas of their skin such as de-pigmentation they want to cover up.

I have a skin pigmentation on my forehead called Vitiligo. Basically, at the top of my forehead lies a circular white spot (varies for others) that that is drastically different from the rest of my skin (I'm around a medium toned gal). My case is very mild.

Having had front bangs all my life, I wanted to try something new, so, after some consultation with some nice MAC ladies, they introduced to this concealer. I bought NC30.

The studio finish concealer is thick, and to use this with the purpose of covering a de-pigmented area on my skin, I think it does it's job of concealing wonderfully. Is it thick enough to cover with a few dabs? No. It's a bit of a process; I first conceal the area in one round, and set it with a powder (I use MAC's CC Prep+Prime), and then I do those two steps a second time. Depending on how well I concealed my spot and evening it out with the rest of my skin colour, I'll do the steps again until I achieve a desired result.

Would I use it as a regular concealer for my blemishes, acne spots and eye bags? Heck no, way too expensive. However, I'm pleased with the purchase nevertheless and because I did what I wanted it to.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again is because I'm not going to be covering this area every day, but only when I want to.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

- Am I the only one that doesn't get good staying power from this concealer!? - The Coverage is great, but it fades SO quickly, even with setting power. I'm talking about 2 or 3 hours, and its almost gone! Also since it is so waxy, its hard to keep the coverage without blending away the concealer. Very disappointed with all the MAC concealers except for Pro long wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin95x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this concealer! Purchased this around two months ago (shade nc45) the hopes of finding a product which would reduce the appearance of lines in my under eyes. It did this and more! Prior to using this, I'd use at least two concealer just to counteract the darkness of my circles but now I can use this on its own and be completely comfortable. I've been using this everyday for 5 months straight and I haven't even hit pan, love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I may have found my HG concealer!
It covers up blemishes and acne scars beautifully, and doesn't break me out! Yay! I apply this with a small concealer brush and then pat and blend it in with my fingers. I also like how it has spf 35 as an added bonus, to help prevent further scarring. It has opaque coverage and as long as you apply moisturizer underneath, it isn't drying.
I have this in NC15 and it is a near perfect match for my winter skin. I expect I'll need NC20 in the warmer months. I find this important because I find it difficult to get a shade match, and when I use this for spot concealing, I don't want there to be random dots around my face that are a different colour.
It is a bit pricey, but for something that works so well, I think it is worth the price. Ideally, it would come in a more hygienic packaging format, but I don't mind the little pot.
To be noted is that this concealer won't work well for undereyes, as it is too thick. So if you are looking for an all purpose concealer, this won't be it. But, if you are looking for something to cover blemishes and spots, this could definitely be the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lfitzsimons1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Best concealer for covering acne scars and active spots wouldn't buy anythimg else! Big love for Studio finish concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Concealer is to dry. It has full coverage. It's hard to shape eyebrows with this drying formula. Can look cakey. If you do use this product I advise you to use a patting motion to apply. Get color range for all skin tones. This product is pricey at 18 dollars. 20 after taxes in Texas. I love the pot package easy for travel and touch up. Love the see thru window on package to display color. I live this Concealer but I would not repurchase because the formula is to dry.