October 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2095 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Wurtle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's the deal about this concealer.... I like it because I found the shade that matches my skin tone that blends well even without topping it off with powder. I could find a lighter and darker shades if I want as well that is within range of my skin tone (NC30).
- It can be a little dry looking on skin once applied, since it has a matte feel. I prefer using my CLEAN fingers when applying and blending on skin.
- Do not use this under your eye as concealer. It will crease!
- You can use a lighter shade than your skin tone to use as highlighter on the bottom/ top of your brows.
- Be careful not to put too much and it can cake.
- It's a little pricey for a small concealer but it lasted months to a year for me since it has a medium-full coverage.
- I am acne prone and this didn't broke me out.
- very easy to carry around since it's small. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I went to the Mac store to buy the pro longwear concealer for my undereye area but the girl recommended this. She gave me a sample in NW20 even though I usually use NC20 but she insisted the pink undertone is better....WRONG. I really didn't like it, it creased almost immediately and the texture is too dry for my liking. I'm glad was just a sample, threw it way and no...I won't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just a little better than 'okay' for me. I do like it but i feel like it could be better. i have to use a lot to cover some dark acne scars i mean i put some add a little powder and put some more. Covering a pimple can be a bit of a mission also. i use this also under my eyes along with another concealer. and its pretty good along with some thing else.

Okay getting to the point its good... not great but good.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Nazmin93

I did find this concealer quite thick and pigmented but it really did nothing to cover my dark spots when other my light weight concealer a do. It ends up looking too messy when I keep applying more and more to try make it work like it's supposed to but it really doesn't do it for me. However this concealer hasn't gone to waste because I use it to neaten the outer part of my brows after I fill them in and it works well like that :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Rawrceo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG concealer. A little goes such a long way with this small guy. Very pigmented and I experience very little creasing. I say very little because creasing is unavoidable when it comes to all concealers. The only thing you can do is prolong the time that it doesn't crease. Anyway, you may think you may not be getting much product from this jar, but honestly, you are mistaken. This "little" pot contains 7g of product whereas most contain 3g. Boi-ing Concealer for example looks huge in comparison to Mac Studio Finish Concealer, but it only contains 3g. Don't be fooled by packaging! Always read the amount! The only reason I gave this guy a 3 for packaging is because It's exactly the same as Mac Full Coverage Foundation which is $31 and has almost triple the amount of product. But sadly, it is not as readily available at Mac stores as this one. Moral of the story, if you constantly use this on a daily basis, I would say just by the Mac Full Coverage online. But, this is still a wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This might be common knowledge, but just in case: MAC Studio Finish Concealer is pretty much the exact same product as their pro Full Coverage Foundation. The concealer has some added sunscreen.

Ingredient comparison:

MAC Studio Finish Concealer:
Sunscreen INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 5.00%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.00%,
Non-sunscreen ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Stearic Acid.
May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

MAC Full Coverage foundation:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid.

Price-wise, the concealer is $19 for .24 ounces. The foundation is $32 for 1 ounce. So the concealer costs a little more than $76 per ounce versus the $32 per ounce of the foundation.

If you love the concealer and use a lot of it, you might prefer to buy your shade in the foundation and just use that instead. It'll last longer and you'll save $$$.

Drawbacks to this: the foundation is a Pro product, so you might need to seek out a Pro store or order online. It also doesn't come in every shade, NW15 for example. BUT it does come in White, which would make a nice mixer or highlighter for fair users.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by meliannatsr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect for concealing blemishes, a little goes a long way so it will last you a good amount of time.I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by radiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use my nc30 concealer since I started wearing makeup over 10 yrs ago but stopped after receiving another brand as a gift, loved it and stuck to that brand for about 2 years. I recently ran out and the local sepho ra was out of stock so back to MAC I went for this concealer. Withing 3 days of using it, my usually normal clear skin started breaking with small pimples grouped together around the areas I had applied the concealer. I thought perhaps it was my finger application so I bought a brush and a NEW pot (exchanged the other one) and started using it on my trouble spots, trying to conceal the new breakouts. Oh my God, it kept spreading. I still didn't want to give up and kept using it for another 2 weeks! mostly in a despret attempt to cover my spots. Sigh...I had to eventually give up when my breakouts kept coming. It's been 2 weeks since and no new breakouts but a face full of scars and a mess. Worse it's been snice teenage years. Went back to my other brand and everything has slowly calmed down but now I'm left with buying treatments to get my skin back.

Nevertheless, The pros:
- great color matching, closest I've ever had.
-Covers very well.
-Stays on long.
-the pot lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by yarliny15

I am in LOVE with this concealer! I have been using it for yeeears and have also tried other products but I always come back to this one. There are a huge range of skintones which is great because I always have difficulty find the right shade. I like the cream form it comes in because it is less messy and you can use your fingers to apply it on. The concealer is full coverage and it hides my dark circles very well! I have even used it to hide tattoos. A little goes a long way this product so if you find that you are creasy alot when using it you are using too much. Too help with light creasing I use powder foundation or a primer underneath it and that helps alot. This concealer will last you a loooong time. The pot is great for travelling and fits great into my make up bag because its soo small. The price is $23cad which is kind of pricey but considering how great the product os and that it lasts so many months I dont mind the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by alittletoovain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying that I was born with the worst, herditary dark eye circles ever. They are every woman's nightmare: big, puffy, purplish-red, and double-bagged. Usually, concealers sold are targeted at one or the other area of concern. So it was naturally difficult for me to find a product that satisfied all my needs. I've gone through clinique, benefit, make up forever, and the amazing concealer. Yes, I'm a vain concealer junkie. But what am I to do!? eyebags are my worst problem. My old concealers were all only able to hide 60% of my eyebags at best.

However, this MAC one fully surpassed every single concealer I've tried, bought and sampled in the past. This one actually manages to cover up 90% of the colour, and thanks to the pink undertones in the one I have (NW20), it actually both corrects and conceals. I heard that it can cover up things like birth marks and tattoos, so this really lived up to expectations colour wise.

Let me tell you ladies that ALL UNDEREYE CONCEALERS SETTLE INTO WRINKLES. There's no escaping from this! It is not the nature of the product, but it's a characteristic of having wrinkles. Im sorry, but this is the cold hard truth. Admittedly, this one sets much less than others I've tried in the past, but minimal undereye powder is needed to ensure that it does not settle into find lines/your eyeliner does not smudge onto your under eye.

Yes, this product can be very drying for your under eye because it is very thick and can be cakey. So what's a girl to do? Just roll on some under eye serum or daub on some eye cream a couple of minutes before applying this product! This should be an essential step to anyone who feels the need to conceal eyebags anyway. I use the clinique all about eyes serum roller. It hydrates my eyes enough to allow the concealer to go on smoothly for the rest of the day.

This product imo is best used with fingers because only do fingers warm up the product, I find that given it's texture, your fingers are a lot more likely to pick up the product than a brush. I got waaaaay better coverage than I did at the MAC store where it was applied with a brush, so it ended up looking even better when I did it myself at home (:

Go ahead, give this a go. You have my word! It's tonnes cheaper than most concealers sold at sephora (which is surprising for MAC) so it's worth a try anyway ;)

HG PRODUCTTTTTTTT <3 <3 <3