July 31, 2014 | 1281 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2085 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ArtaSk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product will last you a lifetime, seems to me it never runs out ! I agree it does get a bit cakey under the eyes (make sure you set well with setting powder) but it gets the job done in concealing dark circles and other blemishes. Another note is that it'll tend to dry out. In the summer the concealer gets softer and easier to get with you brush or finger, although in the winter it gets harder and dryer. Overall it's very pigmented and i would purchase it again. I often use this to highlight my eyebrows and brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I was using my YSL foundation which had a sheer coverage I found I was always needing a concealer to cover my blemishes. I had been using the maybelline fit me concealer which is a great all purpose concealer and perfect for anyone on a budget, however once I ran out I wanted to try something new.

I was initially going to get boi-ing but sephora didn't have my shade so after some hasty searching of reviews while sat at the Starbucks I decided on this concealer. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about as I saw several rocky reviews but I figured the color selection was amazing (having a shade light enough to actually match my skin) and the product was slightly cheaper.

This concealer is amazing for covering blemishes but DO NOT USE UNDER YOUR EYES as it will crease. So many of the negative reviews I saw were from people using it that way and this concealer is not meant for under eye use.

I apply with my fingers because I found the formula can be a bit dry and warming it with your fingers helps. If you have a great expanse of skin to cover this may not be the best choice. With the thick consistency this is perfect for covering small imperfections such as pimples. I set it with a bit of powder and seems to last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Yzabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG concealer for blemishes. I get a few hormonal cystic acne zits every month, and those always leave hyperpigmentation marks. This concealer is perfect for covering those spots.

Also agree with other reviewers that this is not for the under eye area. For that I use Lancôme Effacernes, it's excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by theartyard

Pros
- Good coverage for discoloration and under-eye area
- Can be used to brighten up areas
- Has SPF
- good packaging: can take it out with you for touch-ups
- product last for a LONG time

Cons:
- product doesn't stay put and creases :( (my main reason for switching to something else)
- doesn't cover my hyperpigmentation scars
- Expensive- but it last for a long time
- inconsistency in texture : during warmer temperatures the product is creamier and easier to apply but during colder temp. the product turns drier and and doesn't spread so well

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

This is the first MAC face product I own. I'm a student so I don't usually buy high end anything but I figured that with all the hype with this concealer I'd give it a try. I have TERRIBLY DARK acne scars. Some are flaky, some are just red or blueish (I know. Gross). So I did my research and this was the concealer that everyone pointed me to. 18$? Sure. Not bad compared to the MUFE Full coverage concealer that I bought before this (38$? No thanks). The MUFE one creased like hell on me. So cakey. Aaaaand this MAC concealer did too. But definitely not as bad. The wider color selection makes color matching a breeze. I use the ELF angled contour brush (the small studio brush) and it blends this concealer beautifully and quickly. I slab this on with that brush and put some powder on for those lazy days and I'm out the door. I love this for that purpose. The coverage is okay. It covers my discoloration but definitely not those super super dark spots. It does work nicely on redness though. So if you have a new red pimple on your face that you wanna hide beautifully, this is the concealer for you. The packaging is nice and compact. I can throw this in my bag for touchups if I really need to. But the packaging is plain to me, nothing special but not a bad thing either. It's not my HG concealer for my acne spots (Oh yea DO NOT USE THIS FOR YOUR UNDER EYES. It's NOT meant for that. Cake city!) but so far this is the closest I'll get to a good concealer for that. I just haven't found my HG yet but I will definitely use this up happily.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this product definitely covers, is highly pigmented and actually comes in a shade pale enough for my fair skin... all this is outweighed by the fact that it is incredibly cakey and drying whether applied under the eyes or on a blemish. If this was the only concealer in the world, I'd still use it, but there are far better (and cheaper) options out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in NC30 to match my skin tone and NW30 for the under eye area. To be honest, this is the best concealer for minor to average blemishes because it has a creamy yet dry formula and high pigmentation to cover the blemishes and discolouration, and it could be built up an layered for fuller coverage.

For under the eyes, I tend to mix it with a thinner consistency concealer because it could be drying, but the NW range is great for this purpose.

My only concern is that the product is in a jar which could get a bit dirty as everything could stick to the surface. It also needs to be kept in the fridge if you live in a hot environment. This is not an issue for me because i am in the UK, but sometimes when it is sunny, I see it melting quickly.

Anyway, this is still the best concealer out there and could be worn alone in the days where you only want to cover blemishes without wearing foundation. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this to cover up acnes and scars. The coverage was good, but the color was off. It made me look like I have orange patches on my face. The sales rep color matched me to nc35, but the color seemed a little too dark. She also suggested nw25, but that color was weird (way too red). the consistency changes with temperature. In the winter it was hard to get it out of the pot. In the summer it looked oily. It oxidizes like crazy. It became super orange after a while. The little pot lasts a long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The concealer ISN'T for under your eyes, if you want one to cover your dark circles get the pro longwear concealer!! HOWEVER this is perfect for covering blemishes on the skin and I've literally bought this product about 5 times. Absolutely amazing and FULL coverage for beware if you have perfect skin as it may be too full coverage for you. But for people with blemished skin like me it conceals red areas amazingly, can't complain at all. For those who love this concealer like me, I have just bought the 'full coverage foundation' which is a pro product which we can now buy online in the UK (not sure about other countries), as I was talking to a MAC makeup artists who said that it is pretty much the same product without an SPF but in a much larger container which makes it better value for money. So, the studio finish concealer has 7g of product for £15 but the full coverage foundation has 28g of product for £24.... Therefore much better value for money. However if it's your first time buying the product, get the concealer version as it lasts me a good 6 months and it's still an amazing product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer for my dark circles but it creased under my eyes. Didn't like it. Returned it.