October 20, 2014 | 863 users online

Cleansers - Smashbox - Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

secent is okay, it did cleanse, but really greasy, I can still feel the greasiness aftewards.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by rebslo

Purchased on eBay for $9 plus shipping. Scent was not appealling to me at all. Very difficult to describe- almost like a smell used for a bathtub cleanser. Thin, easy to pump, large amount of product, but didn't impress me in cleansing ability. I didn't feel the "melting" of my makeup I was hoping for. I have used many other oil cleansers and even made my own. I don't mind if the oil doesn't wash off completely but didn't notice a residue as others have mentioned, however, I could be immune to the feeling by now. Would never buy at full price and would not purchase again at a discount either. From what I have heard, this product has been discontinued by Smashbox.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

I was running out of my MAC cleanse off oil so I bought a bottle of this on ebay for about $10. For the price, you get almost double the amount of MAC cleanse off oil, but it was completely useless to me.
In comparison, I had to use a lot more of smashbox to take my MU and S/S off (Shiseido spf60) than MAC. After emulsifying it with water and washing off, I still had MU (foundation, mascara, waterproof eyeliner) left on my face, PLUS that icky oily film on my skin. I will never purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tnbelleusa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hands down, best cleansing oil I've ever used. Dissolves all of my makeup with minimal effort. I work eleven+ hour days, so I pack on the makeup- including primer and long wearing foundation. I used to use eye makeup remover, cold cream and cleanser, yet some product always remained. Not anymore. Three pumps is all I need to remove every trace. After I work it into my skin for 30 seconds, I splash with warm water and gently massage my face several times. This does a pretty good job of getting all the oil off. (I do follow with Erno Laszlo Conditioning Preparation, so that removes any excess from my t-zone.) I bought this from an Ebay seller, so I did not pay the full $69. I think I paid around $10. I've been using it for more than a month now and my skin is amazing. I like it so mush that I went ahead and purchased another bottle. That was a premature purchase though, because I've barely made a dent in this even though I use it every night. I hope they never stop making this amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by NavyWifeLife

I am sad with the reviews I actually love this cleanser! It does not leave any residue on my skin and it takes everything off extremely easy! But I do not wear waterproof mascara so I can't vouch for that. I've never used an oil based cleanser before this product, but I am in love with this one and don't see a need to try any different ones! I love it! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on ebay pretty cheap so for price, I'm giving it a 3 and because of this, I will buy again but only if I can get it cheap again on ebay.

I'm a huge fan of oil cleansers as it removes everything and so easy to use and this one is no different. The only thing is, when removing waterproof mascaras I need to use a lot but everything comes off. You just need to pump extra few times. This smells really nice as well. The packaging is nice too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Aubriee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is expensive, but useless. I love cleansing oil and always use it, but this stuff doesn't take anything off and leaves a greasy residue. It's useless. With dry fingers and dry face, I've rubbed it for several minutes over my face and especially my eyes. Other than leaving a greasy residue on my face, nothing is removed. I've tried rinsing it off with both cool and warm water, using just my hands, using a wash cloth, and using cotton balls--nothing works. Most of my makeup is still left on my face. I use mineral makeup, by the way and cleansing oils usually take it off with no problem, but this stuff doesn't touch it. . I much prefer Kanebo, Laventine Olive Forte, or DHC's cleansing oils. Don't waste your money on this expensive, useless, crap. I have a large bottle (costs about $48.00) that I need to pour out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AWFUL. doesnt take anything off. I used it like my regular cleansing oil, with dry hands on dry skin and the oil doesnt seem to rinse off. there seems to be residue and greasy feeling left, like i put vegetable oil on my face or something. I dont know how someone would get results with this. It shouldnt even be called cleansing oil. Maybe if you rub with a cotton pad on your eyes it would take that off, but foundation, no way. *sigh* back to DHC it is.. DHC is by far the best ive ever tried.. and Ive tried Dermalogica, Smashbox, Kanebo, Amore Pacific, and DHC rinsed the cleanest, had the best consistency, and removed everything off, but its so hard to find and expensive :(