April 16, 2014 | 1967 users online

Shampoo - Finesse - Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by BenzaitenNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using WEN for a year and was not getting the results that were shown in the infomercial or QVC. My hair was so dry and frizzy with WEN. So I went online to fine a great drugstore brand and though I would give this a try. All I can say is WOW. I bought it at RiteAid 2 for 6 so I got the shampoo and conditioner. My hair is SO SHINY, SO SOFT, and totally FRIZZ FREE. I love this line and who knew something so low cost and in a drugstore could kick the butt of a high priced brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by iheartburgers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of the only shampoos I can use! I have an oily scalp that dries out easily and smelt bad with most shampoos. I use to use baby shampoo but it made my scalp very oily and smelly. I switched to Finesse and my scalp smelled better and didn't dry out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by glamzdoll

I am a shampoo freak...I think I've tried every brand on the market. My hair is thick, wavy, frizzy, and breaks easily. I always spent about $40.00 on brands such as Biolage...
One day, I came across an online article reviewing Finesse. I thought "hmmm ...It's that cheap shampoo I saw at Dollar General for about $3.00." I bought it and I was AMAZED!! It smells great, left my hair shiny, soft, and feeling clean. My hair was not frizzy when dry. Now this is the only shampoo I use, along with Neutrogena's clarifying shampoo once a week to help my hair recoup. I love it. I am now saving about $34.00 since it's so cheap. I also recommend using moroccan argab oil on your strands while hair is damp after being washed, you will see great improvement in ur hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ochaxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a new shampoo and conditioner so I saw this at target. My hair is normal and fine/thin. I never have any problems with herbal essence or garnier or even aveeno but this I did. I've only used it 3 times and so far I'm not loving it. It made my scalp dry and flakey. I wash my hair every other day since my hair does not get oily. This shampoo and conditioner is not moisturizing at all. It did not help my hair at all as it claims to be on the package. The smell is alright but other than that, there's nothing special about it. I had to use my boyfriend's shampoo (garnier anti flake or something) because the finesse one was making my scalp flake and my hair dry (plus it was hard to comb through my hair). After using my bfs shampoo my scalp was ok (still a little flakey). I don't know what ingredients is inside finesse that's causing my scalp and hair to dry. I will give it another try since I know I haven't used that long but for now, this is a big no for me. It may work for other people but definitely not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by hinataskid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really did want to love this Shampoo. I was wanting to wait a while before reviewing it so that I could give an accurate review based on my experience. I have been using this shampoo for a month now and I had loved it all up until these past 2 weeks. I usually don't have a sensitive scalp to any products but this product started to make my scalp and neck itch super bad in the shower and would continue throughout the day. I guess I have to start my hunt for a different shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by rmasker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all I have long fine hair, but lots and lots of it that tends to be in loose curls. It's complicated because I have baby hair around my hairline that gets extra frizzy and even curlier than the rest of my hair- especially in harsher weather. It is quite a challenge to find something that makes my hair soft and healthy but also controls the frizz and doesn't make my roots greasy or gives them a yucky film. Well I found it. (finally!) This stuff is great. No yucky film, no extra greasiness, no unmanageable frizz- just soft shiny healthy looking hair. It's awesome. Usually opaque shampoos are too moisturizing but when I used it it lathered very nicely and felt super creamy. It rinsed out clean with no film or yuckiness left behind. (when paired with the conditioner- pure heaven).The ooooonly thing that doesnt make this the most perfect product on the planet is the fact that I'm not 100% fond of the smell. After reading other reviews I've found people particularly like the smell of it but not the case for me. It's like this really intensely fresh clean smell. I usually tend to go for the sweet flowery or fruity smells. My hair tends to hold scent very easily so when it dried the smell was a tad overpowering but after time kind of toned down a bit. Smell is an easily fix though so I will continue to use this in the future.
UPDATE: :( started making my hair fall out. the hunt continues

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by chelle2269

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this shampoo it smells awesome and it works well on oily hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think they adjusted the smell. I recall it smelling slightly different. There is this scent that I just can't place. It almost smells like I recall but it makes the shampoo smell a bit off at times.
I air dry my hair and the smell really stays.

Now I don't have dry hair. I have healthy hair with an oily scalp. My hair is fine in texture with a medium thickness.

I use moisture shampoos because I live in CA and my ends can get dry if I don't watch it. As long as I use things with moisture they are fine.

This does slightly weigh down my hair but just enough to not make it poofy which my hair can do as I have a slight wave.
My hair feels soft and silky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Slightly moisturizing shampoo (not quite enough for my very dry hair.). Smells clean and somewhat feminine (hard to describe.)

CONS: The scent is just a bit too strong for me, but if you like the scent to begin with, you probably won't mind that. Not quite moisturizing enough, but my hair is VERY dry.

ALTERNATES FOR VERY DRY HAIR: Weightless Conditioner Detangler by Motions (found in the African American hair section in my Walmart). Organic Root Stimulator's Olive Oil Shampoo (found in the African-American section at my Walmart) is gentler for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this on and off for years and I love it. My super long hair is never tangled and always smells great. I think that the shampoo is priced great, and there is a lot in the bottle. My scalp gets irritated easily but I don't have that problem with Finesse.