October 30, 2014 | 1650 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Light Brown 19L

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by aplumblarrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: Lovely color, and looks beautiful when I paint it on.

Cons: I look like a total jerk now. Halfway through the day part of it... peels off. Right now I look like I've taken a very creative approach to my eyeliner, since the line just stops dead about 3/4 of the way across my right eye. So I'm very frustrated and I look like a crazy cat lady.

It is inferior to the Maybelline Stilleto, which is a mediocre product IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jekki012

I love this eyeliner! And eyeliner in general, for that matter... For those who are knocking off points for it being "too light", let's get this straight - the name of the color is light brown, and MUFE has darker brown liners if that is what you're looking for (25L and 2L). To top it off, the description is "dark taupe", so please know what you're buying/swatch before you knock a great eyeliner!

With that out of the way, this liner is great for a no makeup/light makeup look fror the days when you don't want to wear obvious makeup. I use this for lining my waterline for dinners/nights out with friends when I feel like I want some definition but don't want the drama of black liner. I usually use Clinique's cream liners on both my upper lid and waterline because pencil liners smudge on me like crazy (looking at you, UD, Sephora, Stila, MAC), but they don't have anything lighter than very dark pigmented brown. I love how this liner stays put for a long time and glides right on with no tugging (like all MUFE liners), and when it eventually fades/smudges a TINY bit after 4 hours or so, it looks almost like I did it on purpose, giving me a smoky eye effect (not raccoon). I also own 11L (purple) and use that for when I want a slightly darker line and a little fun. Loving MUFE's Aqua Eyes liners and their excellent color selection, can't wait to add more to my collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, last week at Sephora the guy helping me picked out 19L to line my eyes with. When I first saw the liner in his hand - i was like NO WAY! I hate MUFE liners! Because I'd previously gotten 21L (reviewed separately) which I hated... (not pigmented enough, greasy-ish application, swampy color and hard to remove...)

Anyway, this one looks awesome! It doesn't pack a lot of punch but it clearly isn't meant to -- it's GREAT for every day wear and subtle definition. Want to do your eyes but not make it seem like you are wearing a ton of makeup? This is the perfect liner. Doesn't smudge (or if it does at least it doesn't accentuate under-eye circles like black or blueish liners do).

My only beef with it is that it is hard to take off. I mean, really hard. And sometimes that alone can deter me from using a liner or mascara because I absolutely hate spending 10 mins removing product at night. But it's a waterproof liner so I figure that's the whole point, right? And it feels healthy/light/natural enough on my lids, that I wouldn't even mind sleeping with it on... (I know, blasphemy).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by onedirection304

I had high expectations for this product as I had heard it was made for those who did water ballet however it smeared a lot for me. It didn't last very long at all and I had to keep reapplying not long after applying it each time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I ADORE this color! It is the most subtle brown I've ever used and makes my eyes looked smoky and gorgeous without really looking made up...tres perfect! BUT, I don't love that it fades more quickly than promised or that I have to sharpen after every use because one application requires so much product since it doesn't glide on that easily (Urban Decay 24/7 liners are described the same way but last longer and glide on much easier using less product). So, while I love the color, I'll probably search for a cheaper dupe because without great wear time and plenty of product use per purchase, this is frankly over hyped and over priced (except for the color).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this shade very much. I have very dark brown eyes, pale skin and light hair so sometimes a dark brown can look too harsh on me. This color however is subtle enough without being one bit too harsh. I'm glad I bought this shade. As a matter of fact, I bought both the pearly brown as well as this shade, and although I'm keeping both shades, I think I prefer the lighter brown very a more subtle look. And these glide on so easily with virtually no tugging. Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this on 19L. I've heard it's the "true brown" among the other colors. I tried it out and fell in love with it. I like it waaay better then my UD 24/7 liners.

PROS:
- glides on smoothly; soft, so you don't have to go over it again and again just to show the colors, and fill up the entire lash line.
- waterproof

CONS:
- pricey

The brown of this is very subtle and I use it for everyday, natural look. No shimmers and have this matte finish.

Will buy the black one next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Light brown means light brown. So if you're expecting a dark brown, or "rich brown" maybe this isn't the brown for you. I bought this knowing that it would be a light brown and I am beyond happy with it. It doesn't tug. It glides on smoothly. It doesn't fade away or smudge. It is waterproof, just like it claims. I do not have anything negative to say. I paid $18 (Canadian) for this at Sephora... it may seem expensive, but I promise you, these pencils are great quality! I've also used the "2L ~ Pearly Brown" shade. They're both the best brown eyeliners I have ever used, and will certainly re-purchase. Another positive is Make Up For Ever does not test their products on animals. : )

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quite disapointing for such an amazing brand like MUFE.
This eye liner isn't very pigmented, so you have to layer this many times to get the true rich brown.
Now it wouldn't be a bother if this eyeliner didn't tug, which it does.
I recommend the mac technakohl or the UD 247 liners over this anyday

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by s2casey

I had such high hopes for this.

First off, we are in heat wave mode here in New England. I was disappointed in the staying power.

And it's just too light. It goes on great, but I ended up using it as an eyeshadow. Which looked nice while it lasted. I'll keep playing around with it. But for now, I'm disappointed.