April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Light Brown 19L

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, last week at Sephora the guy helping me picked out 19L to line my eyes with. When I first saw the liner in his hand - i was like NO WAY! I hate MUFE liners! Because I'd previously gotten 21L (reviewed separately) which I hated... (not pigmented enough, greasy-ish application, swampy color and hard to remove...)

Anyway, this one looks awesome! It doesn't pack a lot of punch but it clearly isn't meant to -- it's GREAT for every day wear and subtle definition. Want to do your eyes but not make it seem like you are wearing a ton of makeup? This is the perfect liner. Doesn't smudge (or if it does at least it doesn't accentuate under-eye circles like black or blueish liners do).

My only beef with it is that it is hard to take off. I mean, really hard. And sometimes that alone can deter me from using a liner or mascara because I absolutely hate spending 10 mins removing product at night. But it's a waterproof liner so I figure that's the whole point, right? And it feels healthy/light/natural enough on my lids, that I wouldn't even mind sleeping with it on... (I know, blasphemy).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by onedirection304

I had high expectations for this product as I had heard it was made for those who did water ballet however it smeared a lot for me. It didn't last very long at all and I had to keep reapplying not long after applying it each time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I ADORE this color! It is the most subtle brown I've ever used and makes my eyes looked smoky and gorgeous without really looking made up...tres perfect! BUT, I don't love that it fades more quickly than promised or that I have to sharpen after every use because one application requires so much product since it doesn't glide on that easily (Urban Decay 24/7 liners are described the same way but last longer and glide on much easier using less product). So, while I love the color, I'll probably search for a cheaper dupe because without great wear time and plenty of product use per purchase, this is frankly over hyped and over priced (except for the color).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this shade very much. I have very dark brown eyes, pale skin and light hair so sometimes a dark brown can look too harsh on me. This color however is subtle enough without being one bit too harsh. I'm glad I bought this shade. As a matter of fact, I bought both the pearly brown as well as this shade, and although I'm keeping both shades, I think I prefer the lighter brown very a more subtle look. And these glide on so easily with virtually no tugging. Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this on 19L. I've heard it's the "true brown" among the other colors. I tried it out and fell in love with it. I like it waaay better then my UD 24/7 liners.

PROS:
- glides on smoothly; soft, so you don't have to go over it again and again just to show the colors, and fill up the entire lash line.
- waterproof

CONS:
- pricey

The brown of this is very subtle and I use it for everyday, natural look. No shimmers and have this matte finish.

Will buy the black one next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Light brown means light brown. So if you're expecting a dark brown, or "rich brown" maybe this isn't the brown for you. I bought this knowing that it would be a light brown and I am beyond happy with it. It doesn't tug. It glides on smoothly. It doesn't fade away or smudge. It is waterproof, just like it claims. I do not have anything negative to say. I paid $18 (Canadian) for this at Sephora... it may seem expensive, but I promise you, these pencils are great quality! I've also used the "2L ~ Pearly Brown" shade. They're both the best brown eyeliners I have ever used, and will certainly re-purchase. Another positive is Make Up For Ever does not test their products on animals. : )

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quite disapointing for such an amazing brand like MUFE.
This eye liner isn't very pigmented, so you have to layer this many times to get the true rich brown.
Now it wouldn't be a bother if this eyeliner didn't tug, which it does.
I recommend the mac technakohl or the UD 247 liners over this anyday

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by s2casey

I had such high hopes for this.

First off, we are in heat wave mode here in New England. I was disappointed in the staying power.

And it's just too light. It goes on great, but I ended up using it as an eyeshadow. Which looked nice while it lasted. I'll keep playing around with it. But for now, I'm disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by alula

Really great pencil. I have a hard time wearing eyeliner sometimes due to my fair skin and smallish eyes, but this color looks great - and the formula is very smooth.
I wear MUFE Aqua Eyes 1L on top lid with 19L on bottom (blended with Lancombe Waif eyeshadow all around). This combo really makes my eyes stand out. Very impressed with MUFE eyeliners.
BTW, Aqua Eyes 24L is very similar to this - but maybe less red? I'm not sure of the difference, but both are great light brown eyeliners.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by afoletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd heard good things about this eyeliner in Allure or Self magazine and am always looking for a good brown eyeliner. The color is nice, but it does not last throughout the day on me. If this was a drugstore brand I would not care, but it claims to be waterproof and cost $17 at Sephora so I expected more. Does not apply smooth or evenly to my skin either. I do not have oily skin either.