Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.8

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Pro's:
- A very lightweight formula that looks like nothing on the skin.
- There is more then one light color to choose from.
- For me it covers old acne scarring beautifully, and I feel like I don't need as much concealer as i normally would with this kind of formula.
- Doesn't cling to dry pacthes.
- Doesn't break me out.

Cons:
- I really had to learn how to apply this product properly. You really need to take your time with it.
- It is quite expensive, and i do need two pumps to cover my entire face.

Application:
I use a stippling brush to apply and a buffing brush to blend it out. To set this foundation, I use a sponge covered with a tissue, and dab gently over my entire face. This absorbs the excess oil perfectly, and I don't need a setting powder. (see Wayne Goss' beauty channel for a tutorial on this technique)

All in all, I like this foundation a lot, but i'd love to find a similar product that applies a little quicker. I would however, repurchase.

on 2/11/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received this product only as a sample gift, and so I can't comment on the packaging, as mine was just in a little packet. Also, the color wasn't right, because the sample they sent out was a generic "natural." However, that being said, the sample did not inspire me to even try a color that might suit me. The texture was very similar to MAC's foundations, in that it was very oily, and thick. The greasiness covered everything and evened out my skin, but not in a natural way. It was VERY heavy. It felt like wearing a mask made out of cooking spray.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13.

This is a fantastic formula if you have balanced skin. It does not grow oily on me until the end of the day. Looks very realistic, but has buildable coverage. I like the shade "Porcelain" although it is slightly yellow on me. This is was HG for a year or so. I now prefer shades that are pinker - Cinema Secrets 511, Make Up For Ever Face & Body 38.

This is a great "real skin" foundation, but it will still give coverage addicts what they want, more so that MAC F&B and MUFE F&B. I just can't wear it much anymore since I notice the shade difference.

on 2/1/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, as I have heard such great things about BB foundation and the reviews were good- but this just wasn't a win for me. After about 2 hours of wear on a normal day - my face was shiny in a few areas. I also felt the coverage was pretty light (I have pigmentation, uneven skin tone, freckles) and by the time I got medium coverage it felt a little thick to me. Disappointed. I may try the foundation stick next since it has more coverage and use it on only certain areas. This will be going back to Sephora.

on 12/27/2014 5:59:00 PM

I liked this foundation. I tried a lot before I got married and this was one of my favourites. It has a light consistency which can be built up to suit the coverage you require. A little goes a long way. I can't remember the exact shade I had but it was quite yellowy. It is a high end foundation and you definitely get what you pay for. Xx

This is the best foundation I've ever tried. It's so light weight and doesn't cake up on the skin. I normally don't wear foundation because I don't need it. However, I find that this will come in handy when I go out to day events and such.

on 12/3/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is a good coverage foundation, lasts the day, evens out skin tone and leaves a glowing and comfortable finish. However, I wear it in Warm Honey, and I find it leaves a very obvious white cast. Because of the SPF? That's too bad. Would've been a perfect foundation otherwise.

I have a hard time finding foundation I like. I've tried everything from drugstore brand to expensive department store brands. I hate how most of them look on my skin. I like the Bobbi Brown one a lot. It's watery but so what as long as it works for me.

on 10/29/2014 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have always *wanted* to like Bobbi Brown foundations. The colour (Sand) matches my skin perfectly. I have very pale Irish skin, but I have yellow undertones, which is quite rare. So it's wonderful to find a foundation that matches my skin.

However, this foundation just melts off my skin in a few hours! And I don't even have very oily skin, it's quite normal. It would be great if it stayed put. Not worth it for the high price.

Oh. My. Gawd. Where has this been all my life? I cringe thinking of all the times I sported masky foundation that looked obvious and left a line of demarcation around my jaw!!! To step back a bit, a LOT of this has to do with getting really honestly properly color matched, and not with the BB foundation itself. A makeup artist did this for me earlier this year as we were doing my wedding makeup trial...I am Porcelain in the BB line. (Shockingly....I didn't want to believe that I was quite THAT pale) It didn't have to wait this long...ladies, get a professional second opinion on your foundation color every so often! It's crazy how easily we can deceive ourselves without even knowing it! Anyway.
I've always been a Neutrogena or Revlon liquid foundation user, and no disrespect to those fine brands, but this is next level. The foundation melts into your skin. Many people have noted it is watery...yes, it is. But it is also buildable beyond belief. It doesn't take a lot of time to apply a second layer over areas that need extra help. I'd rather do that than use a heavier foundation all over. If you are in need of heavy-duty coverage everywhere, though, it might not be for you. At almost 50 bucks a pop, it is painful to replace, but I just replaced my first bottle and thought I should give a little shout out. It looked awesome in my wedding photos too!