October 31, 2014 | 833 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always *wanted* to like Bobbi Brown foundations. The colour (Sand) matches my skin perfectly. I have very pale Irish skin, but I have yellow undertones, which is quite rare. So it's wonderful to find a foundation that matches my skin.

However, this foundation just melts off my skin in a few hours! And I don't even have very oily skin, it's quite normal. It would be great if it stayed put. Not worth it for the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by raindrops_on_roses

Oh. My. Gawd. Where has this been all my life? I cringe thinking of all the times I sported masky foundation that looked obvious and left a line of demarcation around my jaw!!! To step back a bit, a LOT of this has to do with getting really honestly properly color matched, and not with the BB foundation itself. A makeup artist did this for me earlier this year as we were doing my wedding makeup trial...I am Porcelain in the BB line. (Shockingly....I didn't want to believe that I was quite THAT pale) It didn't have to wait this long...ladies, get a professional second opinion on your foundation color every so often! It's crazy how easily we can deceive ourselves without even knowing it! Anyway.
I've always been a Neutrogena or Revlon liquid foundation user, and no disrespect to those fine brands, but this is next level. The foundation melts into your skin. Many people have noted it is watery...yes, it is. But it is also buildable beyond belief. It doesn't take a lot of time to apply a second layer over areas that need extra help. I'd rather do that than use a heavier foundation all over. If you are in need of heavy-duty coverage everywhere, though, it might not be for you. At almost 50 bucks a pop, it is painful to replace, but I just replaced my first bottle and thought I should give a little shout out. It looked awesome in my wedding photos too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Charlotta800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only had to wear foundation since I hit 30 and got my first acne break out, since then I have had an endless struggle trying to find a foundation that doesn't break me out, doesn't look terrible on my very dry skin, suits my skin tone and doesn't have too high an SPF. Chemical SPF gives me really bad issues so I try and avoid it if I can. For some reason the SPF in this foundation doesn't give me any major issues, maybe because it's fairly low. The overall finish is perfect for my skin, it hydrates and goes on smoothly in the very dry areas, covers all the redness and hyper pigmentation I have from past acne break outs in one application, the shade Sand is the best match I've ever found for my skin tone. It does what it says it's going to do and gives me skin that looks like skin, which is no mean feat with my complicated face. I haven't noticed it giving me any break outs or making my skin any worse, I recently had a very busy weekend where I slept in it for two nights (unheard of for me ha) and my skin was fine, I have very, very reactive acne so that alone has made this my total HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great sheer-to-medium coverage foundation, in a range of shades with rather yellow undertones. For $47, this foundation lasted me almost two years of semi-regular use. I usually used one pump for sheer coverage, and another half-pump to build up more coverage. Even though it's a liquidy/thin consistency, I applied with a stippling or flat top powder brush rather than a foundation brush or my fingers. Applying with a beauty blender made it way too sheer. My skin is a little bit oily, and while this foundation oxidizes, it doesn't do so until late afternoon or early evening, if I've put it on in the morning -- it also definitely helps to set with powder, as well as to use primer and a coat of loose powder underneath.

The only reason I won't be re-buying is that I think it might be a *smidge* too yellow for my skin. I was matched to Golden (6), and was also told that I'm an NW40 or NC45 in MAC, but I think NC45 is too yellow as well, especially once it oxidizes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this because of chelseawears and I'm glad I finally caved. I have this in Porcelain but I definitely think Alabaster would've been a slightly better color match. This works for me during the summer though.
I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation. It gives me a nice dewy finish, but not too dewy. I personally prefer the dewy look as opposed to a matte finish.
The packaging is great, a pump is always a plus.
This is a long-wearing foundation for me and I can wear it for the entire day without noticing that it's rubbed off in some areas or making me look oil-slick.
One thing that I've noticed is that this settles into my pores if I'm not careful with the application and the amount that I use, even with a primer applied beforehand.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by libertine1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I am always on the hunt for new foundations and heard that the Bobbi Brown skin foundation in the shade alabaster is one of the most natural pale shades out there and a really nice foundation. So my main reason for buying this was the shade, and I have to admit, the shade is really nice and suits my skin tone (MAC NC20). The feeling on the skin is nice as well. The coverage is probably medium because it looks natural with still covering some imperfections though not all.

The reasons why I only give 2 stars:

- I broke out from this. Probably to much perfume in it or something else that irritated my sensitive skin.

- I looked shiny in the middle of the day. I have combination skin but other high end foundations didn't create that look on me (even the Nars Sheer glow). Therefore the longevity of this foundation on combo skin is ... well ... not there.

So I don't think this is a foundation for oily skin. I would guess dry and mature skin goes along really well with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a foundation junkie and Im always onto the next thing. I want more "easy" lighterweight foundations in my collection for everyday, on the go. Most in my collection are full coverage-heavy duty, and iron wearing and I found this is refreshing. Especially if your looking for warm/yellow shades as bobbi brown favors to more. Here's the points to this:

-lightweight feeling.
-The liquid is runny and very fluid.
-medium coverage can be built up to a degree.
-amazing yellow and darker choices
-Decent wear time, 5 to 6 hours it got patchy (nothing compared to Estee Lauder Double
- not drying!!! This was a big plus for me because I have dry skin
-not fully matte but not dewy
-really smooth, flawless, truly "skin" like finish, and not at all cakey.
-pump+glass bottle
-SPF

Other notes: Currently, in MAC I'm NC42. In this foundation I wear shade 5.5 Warm Honey which is a spot on, perfect match in every light. I always wore a primer with this(laura mercier radiant) and set it with powder(Ben Nye Banana) and I don't know how it performs without the two. One of the very few foundations I honestly say that will work with every skin type from oily to dry. all you need to do is a little tweaking for your personal needs like using a matte powder, using a moisturizer, oil control primer, etc...really versatile.

Lovely and natural foundation! Very happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by blushes

Skin Foundation Natural #4
I love it. This is the one I use every day and weekend for day wear. It has a nice just right amount of coverage. It looks natural and feels natural.
I wear a foundation only to even out my skin tone which is fair but can be reddish on the T-zone areas and cheeks.This product evens the skin tone out perfectly.
It has no odour. It is light to wear. Non greasy, has no shine. I get so many comments on my 'beautiful skin'. People really don't realise I am wearing any makeup.
I love that!!
I have brought this product now 4 times.
The other product I use for nightime when I want a little more coverage to create a silky canvas is Lancome Teint Miracle which I have also reviewed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by SianAbercrombie

I bought this foundation as I had already used Bobbi Brown's stick foundation and had found it a perfect match in the shade porcelain. I wanted a liquid foundation with just as much a natural finish as the stick and was recommended this one. I made the mistake of not trying a sample first and bought the foundation immediately. I personally like a medium-full coverage foundation as I have minor breakouts most of the time and redness on my cheeks that I'd like to cover up. This foundation is definitely light coverage and isn't buildable. I use it on days my skin is behaving and absolutely love the natural finish it provides. It comes with a pump which makes it clean and easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very very disappointed with this product. It is fairly expensive compared to brands in boots for example so I was expecting a lot when I purchased it. I bought it from a department store where I asked the assistant questions about which foundation is best and shade etc and had it tried on my face. I told her I wanted it to look like I have foundation on and give good coverage. In the store when applied, I felt this was achieved, however it was very obvious and not blended well but I thought that blending would not make that much difference to coverage. After trying this make up at home and blending properly it is really annoying to find it is pretty bad coverage and not what I wanted and I could get the same coverage with my £9.99 loreal Paris true match foundation. It is very sheer and any imperfections and redness were not covered well which I was told it would due to the 'yellow' in the foundation. Even though Mac make up is more cakey, atleast coverage is guaranteed at a similar price to bobbi brown.