September 16, 2014 | 1229 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by libertine1988

I bought this because I am always on the hunt for new foundations and heard that the Bobbi Brown skin foundation in the shade alabaster is one of the most natural pale shades out there and a really nice foundation. So my main reason for buying this was the shade, and I have to admit, the shade is really nice and suits my skin tone (MAC NC20). The feeling on the skin is nice as well. The coverage is probably medium because it looks natural with still covering some imperfections though not all.

The reasons why I only give 2 stars:

- I broke out from this. Probably to much perfume in it or something else that irritated my sensitive skin.

- I looked shiny in the middle of the day. I have combination skin but other high end foundations didn't create that look on me (even the Nars Sheer glow). Therefore the longevity of this foundation on combo skin is ... well ... not there.

So I don't think this is a foundation for oily skin. I would guess dry and mature skin goes along really well with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a foundation junkie and Im always onto the next thing. I want more "easy" lighterweight foundations in my collection for everyday, on the go. Most in my collection are full coverage-heavy duty, and iron wearing and I found this is refreshing. Especially if your looking for warm/yellow shades as bobbi brown favors to more. Here's the points to this:

-lightweight feeling.
-The liquid is runny and very fluid.
-medium coverage can be built up to a degree.
-amazing yellow and darker choices
-Decent wear time, 5 to 6 hours it got patchy (nothing compared to Estee Lauder Double
- not drying!!! This was a big plus for me because I have dry skin
-not fully matte but not dewy
-really smooth, flawless, truly "skin" like finish, and not at all cakey.
-pump+glass bottle
-SPF

Other notes: Currently, in MAC I'm NC42. In this foundation I wear shade 5.5 Warm Honey which is a spot on, perfect match in every light. I always wore a primer with this(laura mercier radiant) and set it with powder(Ben Nye Banana) and I don't know how it performs without the two. One of the very few foundations I honestly say that will work with every skin type from oily to dry. all you need to do is a little tweaking for your personal needs like using a matte powder, using a moisturizer, oil control primer, etc...really versatile.

Lovely and natural foundation! Very happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by blushes

Skin Foundation Natural #4
I love it. This is the one I use every day and weekend for day wear. It has a nice just right amount of coverage. It looks natural and feels natural.
I wear a foundation only to even out my skin tone which is fair but can be reddish on the T-zone areas and cheeks.This product evens the skin tone out perfectly.
It has no odour. It is light to wear. Non greasy, has no shine. I get so many comments on my 'beautiful skin'. People really don't realise I am wearing any makeup.
I love that!!
I have brought this product now 4 times.
The other product I use for nightime when I want a little more coverage to create a silky canvas is Lancome Teint Miracle which I have also reviewed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by SianAbercrombie

I bought this foundation as I had already used Bobbi Brown's stick foundation and had found it a perfect match in the shade porcelain. I wanted a liquid foundation with just as much a natural finish as the stick and was recommended this one. I made the mistake of not trying a sample first and bought the foundation immediately. I personally like a medium-full coverage foundation as I have minor breakouts most of the time and redness on my cheeks that I'd like to cover up. This foundation is definitely light coverage and isn't buildable. I use it on days my skin is behaving and absolutely love the natural finish it provides. It comes with a pump which makes it clean and easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very very disappointed with this product. It is fairly expensive compared to brands in boots for example so I was expecting a lot when I purchased it. I bought it from a department store where I asked the assistant questions about which foundation is best and shade etc and had it tried on my face. I told her I wanted it to look like I have foundation on and give good coverage. In the store when applied, I felt this was achieved, however it was very obvious and not blended well but I thought that blending would not make that much difference to coverage. After trying this make up at home and blending properly it is really annoying to find it is pretty bad coverage and not what I wanted and I could get the same coverage with my £9.99 loreal Paris true match foundation. It is very sheer and any imperfections and redness were not covered well which I was told it would due to the 'yellow' in the foundation. Even though Mac make up is more cakey, atleast coverage is guaranteed at a similar price to bobbi brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by JISHEEE

Best foundation I have come across - better than Mac or Benefit or Dior or any other high -end crap
Has light - medium coverage but is buildable - matches shades really well
Not like other brands where undertone is always pink - has various colours
Worth its money, more runny than other foundations - makes it easily spreadable and not cakey
Breathable skin - no breakouts - 100% natural

Perfect for girls who want to look classy/natural, literally does not cake so doesn't give you the trashy look Mac tends to

I use 4.5 which is perfect but its adjustable - have used 3 in the past looks fine

Would be 100% - worth its money in gold - may be pricey but lasts quite a while

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I went to Nordstrom and got match in shade 4.5 Warm Natural. It a water base foundation that I prefer for my skin. It feel like nothing on my skin. The coverage is light to medium. I need concealer for sun spots. If you like light coverage that look like skin but better try this skin foundation out. I was lucky that Nordstrom have 10% off on some cosmetics brand and Bobbi Brown is one of them so I received 10% off the $48 so I paid $46.66 for it with tax already. Great foundation. This foundation doesn't make me look older like those full coverage matt foundation does. As I get older I want skin like foundation. This foundation does it all. For reference I'm in shade 5 in Urban Decay Naked foundation, C4 in Mac Studio fix powder, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B30.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by newbie1706

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was quite disappointing for that price! It doesn't give enough coverage and didn't last long. It might be suitable for people which already have a flawless skin, but it doesn't work for the redness and spots I have.
Added to that it is quite greasy and often streaky if you're not careful.
Wouldn't recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great for those days where you don't want to wear too much foundation. Since its a water based foundation it works very well with dry skin. I recommend wearing concealer first underneath the foundation to provide you the coverage you need. I wear the shade 4.5 warm natural and its perfect for my NC40 skintone

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by bamberson

I really like this foundation and don't understand why it has so many negative reviews. I was looking for a foundation that would cover up my uneven skin tone and any redness and this is exactly what this foundation does. While it does a great job of evening out any discoloration, the product doesn't cover up acne/major bumps very well so if that is what you are seeking then I would look for a different product.

I use the shade Warm Beige 3.5 and it matches my skin color exactly. I use about 2 pumps of this foundation over the Benefit Porefessional face primer using the Sigma Flat top Kabuki brush to buff it in and it gives me a very natural and flawless finish. I get many compliments on my skin when I use this and I think that is because it looks so natural and pretty. The foundation is a bit runny but I like that because it allows me to move the product over my skin easily. It definitely takes a bit more time to get it properly buffed into the skin but the final result makes it worth it. I use a setting powder over the foundation which results in everything staying place all day.

What I love about this product is that the color stays true until the very end of the day. With other foundations I had a re-occuring problem of the foundation oxidizing on my face and turning a slightly orange color which I really could not stand. Another great thing about this foundation is that it has SPF 15, I'm always looking for products that will help protect my skin so that is just another added bonus.