December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Eyeliner - Neutrogena - Nourishing Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this Neutrogena eyeliner in Cosmic Black to create a smoky eye. It has a smudger on the end to blend the eyeliner. This eyeliner easily transfers from your lids to your skin so you end up with a second line when you blink. Having to monitor and remove this extra line is a hassle. I would not recommend this eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked up two of these at Walgreens, one in Brushed Pewter and one in Spiced Chocolate. I was really hoping that these eyelieners would be HG for me because I loved the ingredients but sadly, they are not. They have good pigmentation but poor lasting power. I will, however, be saving the built-in sharpeners to use with other mechanical eyeliners.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sharonl501

Eh, it's okay, really. The pigmentation is good, and it is easy to apply. The only problem is that it smudges too easily and doesn't last very long. At the end of the day, I basically had panda eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Deeyana

This eyeliner is better than most but I didn't really like too much. It smears and fades away after 4 hours and you have to reapply.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Diac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I was never able to actually use this product. The tip kept breaking off in the sharpener. Tried to use it without sharpening. Tip broke off as soon as it touched my skin. I'll be returning this immediately.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Passeri

This is the third time I've bought this eyeliner, and I intend to buy more of it in the future! The shade in spiced-chocolate is a great versatile that can be worn simply for professional work look or smudged out for a nighttime look. The eyeliner has a creamy texture, so it glides on smoothly and can be easily smudged for a smokey look with minimal tugging of the eyelid.

The eyeliner is pretty long lasting. I've worn it out to parties, fallen asleep and woken up with my eyeliner still intact. There are occasions where I get clumps at the corners of my eye, though.

Another thing I've noticed is that it actually DOES give me more lashes. The individual lashes haven't gotten thicker, but I now have 4 to 5 'rows' of lashes. I want to say that the effect was immediate but has since slowed down with longterm use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Morningview3

This eyeliner is great for lasting power! Normally I have to clean gunk out of the corners of my eyes or wipe it out from under my eyes. I don't have to worry about either! The only downfall is that you have to "sharpen" it if you want a pointed cat eye. It does come with it's own sharpener and smudging tool which is wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CalBear7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an effective, cheap eyeliner. I have problems with eyeliner due to the oily texture of my skin. I always find my eyeliner wearing off after a couple of hours. This seems to do well, however. I apply a little gel eyeliner after applying this eyeliner to hold it in longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner that stays put but the color payoff isn't that great. I bought cosmic black and I had to really press for color to line over eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted a change from lining eyes with an eye shadow and, out of major drug store brands (I checked Revlon, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Almay), Neutrogena checked out because it had the best ingredients. I value good ingredients in cosmetics and always try to get the product of interest without parabens at the very least, preferably with no added fragrance. I am extremely impressed with this eye liner! I have been using it for a little over a week and have been consistently happy with it.

Currently, there are four colors available: Cosmic Black, Brushed Pewter, Spiced Chocolate, and Twilight Blue. I got it in Spiced Chocolate, and it provides a perfectly soft definition I was looking for. Fine gold shimmer flecks in this product are a very nice surprise - it's not enough to notice from a distance, but it does overall give the eye liner a little dimension.

This eye liner has a smooth formula that glides on well when the pencil is cool, but works even better once it's a little warmed up. I wear it on my eyelid and the upper waterline, and it lasts me all day without ever flaking. It sets quickly after application, yet stays shiny and nourishing. I have used the rubber smudge tool, which is a great addition and works to even out little mistakes without removing the product.
Packaging is the best it could be too - the cap on both pencil and the smudge tool snap shut. I haven't tried the built-in sharpener, but it's tucked away nicely, if you need it.

Overall, Neutrogena's Nourishing eye liner is a terrific, high-quality eye liner with good ingredients; it delivers good amount of product, rich color and great staying power. As may be gathered from the ingredients, this eye liner is not all-natural, but has a very low hazard rating of 2 in EWG SkinDeep database. I got it for $10 at CVS, and would certainly repurchase.

*** *** ***
I like to include ingredients list and uses, too (picture of ingredients on the box is in the collage I posted).

- Cyclopentasiloxane (silicon-based skin-conditioning agent)
- Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters (natural skin-conditioning agent)
- Polyethylene (synthetic polymer binding agent)
- Silica Silylate (mineral-based bulking and anti-caking agent)
- Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (natural emulsion stabilizing agent)
- Octyldodecanol (fatty acid chain alcohol-based solvent)
- Microcrystalline Wax (petroleum-based emulsion stabilizing agent)
- Theobroma Grandiflorum (Tropical Rainforest Cupuacu tree) Seed Butter (natural skin-conditioning agent)
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C - antioxidant)
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (antioxidant)
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E - conditioning-agent)
- Sodium Hyaluronate (natural hyaluronic acid-based skin-moisturizing agent)
- Zinc Gluconate (zinc + glucose - biocide and skin-conditioning agent)
- Copper Gluconate (copper + glucose - biocide and skin-conditioning agent)
- Water (solvent)

May Contain:
- Iron Oxides (colorant)
- Mica (mineral - opacifying agent and colorant)
- Titanium Dioxide (sunscreen)
- Ferric Ferrocyanide (iron-based colorant)
- Carmine (1376-95) (insect-derived red colorant)