Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner

3.9

This stuff feels nourishing because it is very creamy. I have the black and the color is very dark which I love. It goes on very smoothly but with that I feel like it's easier to slip and make a mistake. It doesn't last all day on me but I have oily lids. This is my go to liner when i'm too lazy for my usual gel liner..

on 2/15/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a decent drugstore eyeliner. I don't think it's my ultimate (AKA HG) eyeliner but, I guess it'll do for now. I really think that the nourishing ingredients are a huge plus, so that really amps it up its appeal.
I'm always on the lookout for a really dark, blackest black type of eyeliner so I bought the darkest black that they offered and I still found it to be quite light, your skin shows through, it is not extremely pigmented but, I figured, might as well 'go with it' and make it work. I used the smudge tip and smudged the eyeliner and it provided this nice, subtle and smokey look that I really digged. It was not very hard to achieve. Just smudge all around. Pretty fool-proof, actually. At this point, I was very excited to try the rest of the colors. I figured the smudgey look would also be fun to try with the blue and the brown shades. I felt pretty satisfied until I took a second look at myself in the mirror...about 15 minutes after application: the eyeliner transferred from my lower lashline to below my eyes due to blinking. I had to get in there and remove the second line and well, it just kind of made things look a bit messier. It seemed like the color didn't stick that long, too. By then, the eyeliner looked REALLY light. I'm guessing this is due to the oils in the formula, I do not know but, if you want a more saturated look, you will probably have to keep re-applying and smudging and hoping for no more eyeliner transfers. Quite inconvenient.
For the price, it is a decent eyeliner but you'll have to work at it a bit. Needless to say: the quest for an eyeliner that can perform a dream smokey and smudgey look continues...

on 11/25/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this Neutrogena eyeliner in Cosmic Black to create a smoky eye. It has a smudger on the end to blend the eyeliner. This eyeliner easily transfers from your lids to your skin so you end up with a second line when you blink. Having to monitor and remove this extra line is a hassle. I would not recommend this eyeliner.

on 10/20/2014 12:29:00 PM

I picked up two of these at Walgreens, one in Brushed Pewter and one in Spiced Chocolate. I was really hoping that these eyelieners would be HG for me because I loved the ingredients but sadly, they are not. They have good pigmentation but poor lasting power. I will, however, be saving the built-in sharpeners to use with other mechanical eyeliners.

on 8/1/2014 10:39:00 PM

Eh, it's okay, really. The pigmentation is good, and it is easy to apply. The only problem is that it smudges too easily and doesn't last very long. At the end of the day, I basically had panda eyes.

on 6/21/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is better than most but I didn't really like too much. It smears and fades away after 4 hours and you have to reapply.

on 6/7/2014 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, I was never able to actually use this product. The tip kept breaking off in the sharpener. Tried to use it without sharpening. Tip broke off as soon as it touched my skin. I'll be returning this immediately.

on 6/5/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the third time I've bought this eyeliner, and I intend to buy more of it in the future! The shade in spiced-chocolate is a great versatile that can be worn simply for professional work look or smudged out for a nighttime look. The eyeliner has a creamy texture, so it glides on smoothly and can be easily smudged for a smokey look with minimal tugging of the eyelid.

The eyeliner is pretty long lasting. I've worn it out to parties, fallen asleep and woken up with my eyeliner still intact. There are occasions where I get clumps at the corners of my eye, though.

Another thing I've noticed is that it actually DOES give me more lashes. The individual lashes haven't gotten thicker, but I now have 4 to 5 'rows' of lashes. I want to say that the effect was immediate but has since slowed down with longterm use.

This eyeliner is great for lasting power! Normally I have to clean gunk out of the corners of my eyes or wipe it out from under my eyes. I don't have to worry about either! The only downfall is that you have to "sharpen" it if you want a pointed cat eye. It does come with it's own sharpener and smudging tool which is wonderful!

on 3/28/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an effective, cheap eyeliner. I have problems with eyeliner due to the oily texture of my skin. I always find my eyeliner wearing off after a couple of hours. This seems to do well, however. I apply a little gel eyeliner after applying this eyeliner to hold it in longer.