April 17, 2014 | 1698 users online

Eyeliner - Neutrogena - Nourishing Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CalBear7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an effective, cheap eyeliner. I have problems with eyeliner due to the oily texture of my skin. I always find my eyeliner wearing off after a couple of hours. This seems to do well, however. I apply a little gel eyeliner after applying this eyeliner to hold it in longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner that stays put but the color payoff isn't that great. I bought cosmic black and I had to really press for color to line over eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted a change from lining eyes with an eye shadow and, out of major drug store brands (I checked Revlon, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Almay), Neutrogena checked out because it had the best ingredients. I value good ingredients in cosmetics and always try to get the product of interest without parabens at the very least, preferably with no added fragrance. I am extremely impressed with this eye liner! I have been using it for a little over a week and have been consistently happy with it.

Currently, there are four colors available: Cosmic Black, Brushed Pewter, Spiced Chocolate, and Twilight Blue. I got it in Spiced Chocolate, and it provides a perfectly soft definition I was looking for. Fine gold shimmer flecks in this product are a very nice surprise - it's not enough to notice from a distance, but it does overall give the eye liner a little dimension.

This eye liner has a smooth formula that glides on well when the pencil is cool, but works even better once it's a little warmed up. I wear it on my eyelid and the upper waterline, and it lasts me all day without ever flaking. It sets quickly after application, yet stays shiny and nourishing. I have used the rubber smudge tool, which is a great addition and works to even out little mistakes without removing the product.
Packaging is the best it could be too - the cap on both pencil and the smudge tool snap shut. I haven't tried the built-in sharpener, but it's tucked away nicely, if you need it.

Overall, Neutrogena's Nourishing eye liner is a terrific, high-quality eye liner with good ingredients; it delivers good amount of product, rich color and great staying power. As may be gathered from the ingredients, this eye liner is not all-natural, but has a very low hazard rating of 2 in EWG SkinDeep database. I got it for $10 at CVS, and would certainly repurchase.

*** *** ***
I like to include ingredients list and uses, too (picture of ingredients on the box is in the collage I posted).

- Cyclopentasiloxane (silicon-based skin-conditioning agent)
- Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters (natural skin-conditioning agent)
- Polyethylene (synthetic polymer binding agent)
- Silica Silylate (mineral-based bulking and anti-caking agent)
- Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (natural emulsion stabilizing agent)
- Octyldodecanol (fatty acid chain alcohol-based solvent)
- Microcrystalline Wax (petroleum-based emulsion stabilizing agent)
- Theobroma Grandiflorum (Tropical Rainforest Cupuacu tree) Seed Butter (natural skin-conditioning agent)
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C - antioxidant)
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (antioxidant)
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E - conditioning-agent)
- Sodium Hyaluronate (natural hyaluronic acid-based skin-moisturizing agent)
- Zinc Gluconate (zinc + glucose - biocide and skin-conditioning agent)
- Copper Gluconate (copper + glucose - biocide and skin-conditioning agent)
- Water (solvent)

May Contain:
- Iron Oxides (colorant)
- Mica (mineral - opacifying agent and colorant)
- Titanium Dioxide (sunscreen)
- Ferric Ferrocyanide (iron-based colorant)
- Carmine (1376-95) (insect-derived red colorant)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by oceanbubbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the very second eyeliner I've ever had, and frankly, before I got this, I was avoiding eyeliner like people avoid the plague after trying to use my first. Neutrogena really outdid themselves with this eyeliner. Not only do I adore the included sharpener (pull out the smudge tool, and there's a handy sharpener), which lets me get very thin, precise lines, but the smudge tool is so useful to get a natural daytime look or a dramatic smokey eye. Really, if I were only allowed to have one cosmetic product for a three week vacation, this would be it because of it's multiple functions.
The eyeliner itself is wonderful. The colors are gorgeous and rich, (the brown that I have is perfect for school), and the eyeliner glides on with no effort at all.
The only complaint I have with this eyeliner is that it smudges pretty easily, and it doesn't last very long on my (annoying) Asian eyes. I'm currently trying some eye primer to remedy the issue because I really like this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by mmarteen

I have spiced Chocolate. I love it! I like the smudge tool on one end. It goes on smoothly unlike most crayon/pencil type eyeliners I've tried. Spiced Chocolate is a nice deep brown which is good with my dark brown eyes--not too dramatic and it really does make my eyes look bigger. I sometimes go without mascara entirely when I wear it since it makes my eyes look bigger and my lashes thicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by LArodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if you were to ask me which cosmetic product I cannot live without I would definitely say my eyeliner! I love it, I live it, I cannot do without it! I have tried dozens of eyeliners and I will never use anything else! I will apply Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner, go to a rave or club, and dance my ass off for up to seven hours and my eyeliner looks exactly as it did two seconds after applying it! no fade, no smudging, and best of all...no touch ups! for $10 I have a whole months supply of quality eyeliner.

I really dislike liquid liner, but this stuff looks and lasts like it was just that! If you're an eyeliner lover and/or like doing cat eyes or bat wings then look no further because Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner is the only tool you need!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Whoah! This product feels really sticky on the eyes, even as you are applying it. The color is not super pigmented so you'll need a few swipes to actually make it work. It also rubs off and if you are not careful you might end up with Panda eyes. I would recommend you keep searching for better liners out there. It does the trick as an eyeliner but, for the high cost, I can say it is not worth it. I purchased this in the black color, maybe the story is different with other colors as I read here in previous reviews. Anyways, good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Hands down, this is the best eyeliner pencil that you can buy in a drugstore, etc. I use it only to line the lower lid. It lasts, its soft & smooth-no tugging. Does not smear. Love it. Started using it back in 2010. Used to use it in Spiced chocolate & now in Cosmic Black. Love it! UPDATE-the Twilight Blue did not even show up on me. But I will always purchase Cosmic Black-with my ash hair (graying naturally) the Cosmic Black is the best shade for me-perfection! (And I wear glasses, a majority of the time now-have to or I can't see)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

I got this in twilight blue and I love it! It really does do something to make my eyes pop. I use this daily

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think I might have finally found the perfect liner for my waterline. I was using the Revlon Colorstay automatic liner and I liked it but I was having problems with it flaking all over my face; the flakes were also getting in my eyes and bothering my contacts. I think this is due to the fact that the Revlon liner is a drier formula. Anyway, I researched drugstore liners and this liner from Neutrogena sounded just right. First of all, I love the packaging and the smudger thatís included. The liner is super black, creamy and glides onto my waterline with no tugging or pulling. The liner lasts a good while on my waterline and I only need to reapply once during the day. This liner is much creamier than the Revlon and as such I have not experienced any flaking during the day; the liner sets but somehow still stays creamy. The liner does have little silver shimmer flecks in it but once I apply it I donít see the shimmer and they donít bother my eyes or contacts at all. For all the contact lenses wearers out thereÖ.this liner does not transfer onto my lenses and make them blurry. I canít use the LíOreal Intense liner or the Milani Liquifeye liner because they are so super creamy that the liner ends up all over my contacts and drives me up the wall. This Neutrogena liner is now my go to liner and I highly recommend it.