September 2, 2014 | 1871 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Enlighten [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's such an ironic situation. I found my HG foundation when it's being discontinued. It has everything I want: sheer to medium coverage, lightweight, natural look, perfect color match, no shine on my T-zone even after several hours and no reactions so far. I hope they change their minds and keep producing this perfect product..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ias23

♥ i love this so much. it really enlightens my skin, it is so smooth, gives a glow, so natural finish and feels so light that gives a nice coverage.. this is the only high end product that im gonna use for a long long long time, nothing can beat it. pls estee dont ever ever discontinued this.. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Beester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always come back to this foundation, and I have tried everything. It has the best coverage without being heavy, and it looks so natural. The only negative is the lack of colors, and they continue to discontinue colors (about three thus far). I use Natural Linen, but it's a bit too dark and pink, but there's no other option for me. It makes my skin look so good that I work with the color (it looks perfect in the summer). I'm afraid that EL will be discontinuing this product at some point so I will be stocking up. If you can find a color match, you MUST try this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by k9sportchick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for about 15 years, with occasional try-outs of other high end brands. Nothing equals this stuff. Enlighten is smooth, sheer and it retains it's moisture all day. The problem I have found with every other brand is that they are just too dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know I can't buy this product again, because they discontinued it. I wrote to them to ask why and they said that it had been replaced by improved foundations, and I forget now which they recommended in its place. I ended up buying Lucidity and one of the others and for me, nothing matches Enlighten. I felt I had wasted quite a lot of money trying to find an Estee Lauder replacement for Enlighten. I have left Estee Lauder for foundations as nothing now seems to suit me (can't find the ideal colour/texture anymore).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 11:06:00 PM More reviews by victoriangirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Estee for many, many years (oops, I'm telling my age!) and have tried other products, both cheap and expensive, but I always come back to Estee. It makes my skin flawless looking....and, believe me, my skin is far from flawless! I guess I should just stick with what works and what makes me look good. A friend of mine asked me a while back what kind of makeup I used because she said my skin always looks so natural and smooth. What a nice compliment that was! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Wherever can I find this in Gentle Ivory? I have scoured every E.L. in Canada and Estee's best foundation seems to have slipped off the face of the earth. This stuff really evened out my skin tone, covered zits, even though it's medium coverage, and gave that radiant glow. I tried their newer Idealist Foundation (good) and Lucidity (no, it doesn't compare either). I now have Chanel Vitalumiere but sure wish I could find my beloved E.L Enlighten...'wipes away a tear'....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by superlib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the Enlighten foundation for six years. I'm very fair with skin that is normal to dry and don't like to wear heavy makeup.

I started out with a shade called Daybreak, which they discontinued. I used the live online beauty help service on the Estee Lauder website and asked which color would be closest to Daybreak. The very helpful consultant recommended Vanilla Beige, and I ordered it. It was perfect! Great service.

I love Enlighten because it's light, silky, and evens out my skin tone. If you're looking for major coverage, Enlighten probably isn't the best foundation for you. I wish the SPF were a bit higher, but otherwise, I am sticking with this foundation for as long as I can!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this foundation years ago and I decided to begin wearing it again, since I used to love it. Maybe the bottle I got was old, because this broke me out unlike anything else I've ever used, and I rarely break out. I broke out all around my my nose, cheeks to temple, and forehead. I was really disappointed, but I exchanged it for Individualist and hopefully that will work better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by marymeanwhile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this about a year ago in #16 Neutral Ivory. It does smell like paint, and the open-top dispenser does seem unsanitary, but otherwise this stuff is great. Goes on really smoothly and disappears instantly. Leaves a nice glow and makes it look like I've got naturally dewy skin. It's not for cover-ups or concealing. Also, it can be a little oily later in the day. Still, for the blendability and color match, I would give it 5 lipsticks. I'm taking one off because they discontinued my color, and no one at Estee Lauder or Nordstroms or Bloomies can tell me which of the remaining colors is a match. I'm literally an ocean away so I can't just pop in to see myself! If anyone has a suggestion about which color to use that's close to the old Neutral Ivory, I would really appreciate it.