August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Charcoal

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've had this Eye Shadow Quad for a couple years. I get it out every now and then, mostly for the "Black" color. It's not really a black, but more of a dark flat charcoal gray.

The set also includes -
"Moonlight", which is a light shimmery silver.
"White light", which is a flat dusty white.
"Platinum', which is a darker silver similar to moonlight.

The colors are all relatively nice. I'm not a huge fan of shimmer, so I don't go for the Moonlight or Platinum very often. The biggest problems I have with the set are the quality of the shadows themselves, and the packaging. The shadows are not well pigmented. You have to put a lot on the brush before it shows up. The packaging is a unnecessarily large blue oval. I added a picture with my review.

I also have the Peachy Pleasures Quad, and have the same basic problems with that one. I won't be buying eyeshadows from Avon again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging really throws me off - the compact is rounded and fits awkwardly. It could be half the size without compromising the amount of product they give you, which isn't very much.

Charcoal is your sort of essential colors for a black smokey eye. But you want your black to be a true black, not a muted grayish color. And you want the pigments to be strong and eye-popping. This was rather dull, sadly. I had to layer on shimmer to get the effect I wanted. The colors hardly show up. All are matte. No!