September 14, 2014 | 2143 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Round Lipstick in Orange Soda #588

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This is 1 of my new fave nude LS's. I love Revlon Nude Attitude, MAC Myth, Rimmel Nude Delight, Nars Honolulu Honey/Belle De Jour, WnW Bare It All, et al. so you can kind of get a sense of my tastes, but I love this LS! It's an opaque peachy pale beige on me, it begs for a smokey eye w tons of black eyeliner/mascara, falsies if you can manage...I hate nudes that pull grey but this is peach/very little pink/no grey. Such a mod 60s vibe. The ladies of Lawrence Welk in 1964 would all be having a cat fight over this. It also has a Kim K. type feel, I could see her or J Lo digging this (idk if they own this particular shade literally but...). I got mine at Ulta. Anybody whom loves nude lips should add this to their collection. If you appreciate a lovely nude, you won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looove the peachy nude color on my NC30 skin but hate the formula. Its greasy, hard to work with (I dab it on with a lip brush and that helps) and staying power is minimal. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by FannyFanny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this nude lipstick! I also have NYX's Black Label Lipstick in Nude, which looks almost exactly the same as this lipstick except that Orange Soda looks slightly more orange. As for the formulation, there is no apparent difference between Nude and Orange Soda. So, I think the only reason Nude is more expensive is because you're paying for the grape smell and cute packaging of the Black Label Lipstick line.
Edit 5/6/13: I recently purchased Wet N' Wild Mega Last Matte Lipstick in Pink Suga (900B), which is an exact dupe for Orange Soda in terms of color! However, Orange Soda has a satin finish, while Pink Suga has a matte finish, which is why Pink Suga has more staying power than Orange Soda. Both lipsticks are highly pigmented! I still can't decide which one I like better--I guess it depends on the type of finish I'm going for on a certain day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

i was hoping this would suit me (im nc20) as a nude because all of nyx's other nudes are too brown. well, this is too orange. it kind of reminds me of revlon's nude attitude though i like this one a little better. i prefer a beigey, fleshy, or slightly pinkish nude...;like mac myth. myth is so drying, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Orange Soda is a great color. What I learned though is that I need to use it with either a lip primer, or a lip pencil applied all over the lip. Otherwise, this will blotch and the application wouldn't be even. It takes a little bit of work to make it work, but when I have time to layer and play, I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by chinacat33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry but I strongly dislike the taste and smell of these lipsticks. They are also very drying. Good color range, but the downsides are just too much for me to buy any of these lipsticks again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by oxymora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of NYX round lipsticks, and generally I find them to be very good quality. Orange Soda, however, falls flat on it's face due to the formula, which is similar to the fail that is Strawberry Milk. It's just too creamy and slippery and hard to get a nice finish without quite a bit of work.

Don't let this one put you off other NYX lipsticks though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by zayala

I'm not sure if I've ever worn this by itself, if so it'd be a sparingly/minimal amount/blotted quite a bit if going for a nude look... however I Love Orange Soda for layering over other lipsticks, I use it quite often!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

While Nyx's Orange Soda is easily the most unique shade in my (rapidly growing) collection, it's also sadly one of the most difficult lipsticks that I own. I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this lipstick, having Googled swatches months before and being somewhat put off by how greasy this lipstick looked in some of them or how impossible the hue appeared to pull off. Fortunately, I ended up being terribly surprised by how complementary this lipstick is with my skin tone when I actually bought it. While it's not exactly a nude on me, it is a very lovely, light and pastel creamsicle type shade with very apparent grey/white undertones.
I can perhaps see this working as a nude shade on girls who are in the medium skin tone spectrum, particularly those with yellow or bone colored sort of undertones or those that otherwise look natural in peach shades. On lighter skin like mine however, it gives genuinely 60's vibe...it definitely reminds me of the sort of colors seen on Jayne Mansfield in "The Wild Wild World of Jayne Mansfield", while she's romping around on the beach somewhere in Italy, surrounded by a bunch of male admirers. Haha.
Orange Soda's texture really does leave much to be desired. When my lips are treated with balm at all, whether I've wiped it off or not prior to applying Orange Soda, it streaks and slides all over the place. When my lips are even remotely dry or flaky, Orange Soda builds up on spots where my lips are chapped and looks like some kind of dangerous orange fungus. I've managed to combat this a little by first dabbing this lipstick on and then building it up from there layer by layer. I have to pat this lipstick in around the edges of my mouth so that it doesn't look like some kind of strange lip decal that I could simply peel off. As you might imagine, lipstick this creamy wears quickly and in the most unattractive fashion. If you're not in the mood to keep a watchful eye on your lipstick all day or night, Orange Soda should probably be reserved for occasions where you don't plan on eating, drinking, kissing, or really even moving your lips at all.
While I am truly amazed by the color of this lipstick, I find myself beyond disappointed with the texture. It really does break my heart that Orange Soda is so fussy, but I'm fortunate to have paid so little for it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by AylaChanel

Love the color but its very peachy and stands out like BAM!!!

- I like to apply over the top of another pinky color and let the two colors merge.

By itself its very cool but also abit much. I also find this color attracts teeth and after applying i get that lipstick on the teeth thing (uggghh) but if you use the old tissue trick it rarely happens.

Its brighter than i thought when i looked at swatches on the net, but i really like it for abit of fun and color to my usual pinky / natural nude color lipsticks.

Would i buy again? Hmmm - Maybe / No / yes - i would buy again just for the sake of it... Because Its soooo cheap and cute.