Essie Sexy Divide

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful shade, easy to apply, reaches full intensity with two coats. What's there not to love. I'm glad I got it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is such a beautiful deep purple with shimmer. The formula is okay, it is very uneven and streaky on first coat but on second it's good. I always use 3 with it because I feel it really intensifies the color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice deep purple. The color is about as close to black as you'll get, while still definitely being purple. As for the shimmer apparent in the bottle -- there's enough to add some dimension to the color, but it's certainly not emough to be noticeable.

The brush is thin, like all Essie brushes, and the formula is okay. It's a little streaky, but once opaque it's much better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

! beautiful color I love

I reeeeallly wanted to like this color.

In the bottle, it looked like the royal purple version of Aruba Blue (one of my favorites -- not just in the Essie line, but of all time). Unfortunately, the shimmer in this one is less dense than in Aruba Blue, so the coverage isn't as good and the color doesn't have as much impact.

Shimmer nail polishes are usually impossible to apply unevenly, but this one was almost impossible to apply evenly (in two coats that is). Since the shimmer isn't very dense, it applies somewhat like a jelly, which is always awkward. Once on, it's a fairly nice color -- but not earth-shattering, like it would be if it lived up to its bottle color.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

LOOOOVE this purple and I am really not into shimmery colors...this is my HG deep purple and it pops on most skin tones

Against my very pale skin it just looked too dark and cold. I hated it and gave it away.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful deep purple nail varnish with some pink, red and blue micro shimmer, one of my Essie's favourites. Two coats give opaque colour that with a topcoat lasts on me without any chipping for 5 days. The colour is actually amazing - almost foil like !

I bought it when my favourite purple from Inglot (no177) got a bit gloopy but it is not an exact dupe (Inglot has more red to it in the micro glitter as well as in the base colour also appears darker on nails than Essie).

I am very pale and my skintone has yellow undertones so on my hands, with short neat nails 'Sexy Divide' makes a striking statement that gets loads of compliments.

The formula and a new wide brush make the application easy and flawless in just two coats. Actually some of my nails when applied with a steady hand had a good, non streaky look with just one coat but a second coat gave them a real depth of colour.

The only minor fault imho is that the colour requires a very glossy topcoat applied every two days as it can go a bit too flat for me and I like my nails to be very very glossy.

This is a moody deep, dark purple. I prefer cream polishes so when I got the bottle in the mail, I was a bit skeptical because it's got a lot more shimmer in it than expected. However, on the nail it is elegant and refined. It darkens up a bit but I think that's what lends to its sophistication. If you love purple, I think Sexy Divide is pretty damn perfect.

Just a beeeeeeeeeeet too dark for me, but I'm super pale. A slinky, shimmery dark purple that looks good with 3 coats. My roommate has OPI Ink, but I got this as a lighter alternative. Definitely recommended!

Top Rated Essie Products