July 25, 2014 | 1831 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'n' Soft waterproof mascara (vitamin E)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by dominika99

I love shopping around and that triumphant moment when you uncover a bargain yet high-quality product. It makes me feel savvy and resourceful. But this wasn't one of those moments. Perhaps the rave reviews are from those who don't have tragically thin and blonde eyelashes like I do?

This did nothing for volume: it clumped my lashes together and required 3 to 4 coats to get it looking like Max Factor's False Lash Effects looks the morning after I don't bother to wash it off before bed. It didn't do anything for length, either: after several coats, my eyelashes still looked very thin and stuck straight out, not up.

I'd recommend Bourjois' Volume Glamour Ultra Care for lengthening and curling (4.2 rating here,) or Max Factor's False Lash Effect (4.1) for even a bit more lengthening, and a coat of DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum (4.2) for the best ultra-curling and length you can get without putting on false lashes.

I don't often toss mascaras out, because even when they're not great I can still wear them when I'm out running errands. But Full n'Soft irritated my eyes and I even noticed a few of my lashes had fallen out, so this deserves the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lavinianguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

First off, definitely NOT for ladies who are looking for TONS of volumizing. Just want to get that straight before people buy it, use it then give it bad reviews for the wrong reasons.
This mascara lengthens your lashes like there's no tomorrow. I have the typical short, stick-straight and sad looking Asian lashes and with this on, I actually look like I have lashes for once in my 20 years of existence. Also, this defines and separates your lashes like c r a z y . When I was applying this, there were moments that I asked myself: "Is that a clump I see there on my lashes?" and then with one brush, this mascara reassured me: "No girl, just your trauma after the Colossal." You have to know, most volumizing mascaras are clumpy ones and clumpy mascaras are NO-GOs for me. But you know, being a girl, you want everythang! So when I read "full, thick, healthy-looking lashes" on the package, I was like: "Healthy-looking? Isn't that like no volume at all?". But after the very first application, I was like thanks heaven lord, yes, this DOES give me volume. Though only within the natural-looking limit, it still makes your lashes look thick and full while at the same time, fans them out, giving you wispy and luscious lashes. If you're into natural makeup like me, this is definitely for you as it will give you that your-lashes-but-better look, just like Maybelline's slogan "Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline.", which is cleverly printed on the package under the tube.
Overall, this is a good mascara, does what it says. But please remember to curl your lashes, because after you apply it on, the mascara pretty much stays that way ALL DAY. And don't nobody want their lashes to be long and full but unfortunately stick-straight just because they forget to curl their lashes like I did, okay?
This is for now the one and only mascara for me. After that clump mess Colossal, trust me I know that volumizing is sooo not my thing. Anyway, I hope this review help some of you out. Have a good day!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wish I liked is mascara. The price is great and it does make my lashes soft! I had been using Tarte Lights Camera Lashes and loved it but was looking for a cheaper alternative since it didn't last long. This mascara isn't it. It stays wet for a long time after application, it doesn't thicken much at all (most people didnt believe I was wearing mascara) and it runs easily. It didnt seem to irritate my eyes, however, and my lashes weren't falling off, which is good. Maybe it's better for people who want a more natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First and foremost, this mascara is only seven bucks! And itís carried in most drugstores nationwide. This gem may not be in a pretty hot pink tube, with girly neon colors, it may not have vibrating brushes or fancy flashing lights, however this mascara is SOLID... and I do not leave the house without a tube in my aersenol (I have 4 tubes total).

Full ĎN Soft Waterproof also does all of the things I want a mascara to do ó adding length and separation to my lashes while holding a curl, so that I look wide awake (even when Iím not).

Full ĎN Soft doesnít flake, smudge or run, I dont get bumps or clumps... just smooth, evenly coated lashes, which means I get control over how my lashes look. This is a must with mascara... you should always be in control and be able to minipulate the product you are working with, this is the beauty of makeup.

Another thing I really like about this mascara is how well it layers. When I want them to look natural, like for the beach, I just apply one or two layers for that feathery, separated look. Or when Iím craving something more dramatic, Iíll do three or four. With this being said, no matter how many layers, how much drama, or where I am and what I am doing- this mascara stays put and looks beautiful all day long.

My results with this mascara are consistently great, which is why I always have a tube of it with me. If you have not tried this, I urge you to do so. This mascara gives the look of a high end product with a drug store price. What more could you ask for?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Eniemarie0214

Amazing. I just got this today after reading all the glowing reviews and this mascara is amazing. I paid about $7 for it at target and put it on right when I got home. It separates every lash. No clumps!! I didn't know a mascara could really do that. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've worn it for a few days without a base, not in particularly dry or humid weather, and it's held up just as well.
*Keep in mind that I'm reviewing this while wearing Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base underneath. All of my mascara reviews are with a base.*
I was impressed with this mascara when I wasn't expecting to be-- I've tried a couple drugstore brands and haven't liked them at all. The main reasons why I'm drawn to this one is the softness and separation it gives. I don't ever go for formulas advertised as volumizing because they have always clumped on me to some degree and I definitely don't need the extra step in the morning of combing through my lashes. This one is the exception: the formula is smooth and nearly impossible to clump, even at three coats, and builds volume nicely while keeping lash ends tapered. I love that it has a traditional bristle brush as they seem to be growing more rare. I'd say dries to a middle-of-the-road black: darker than Lancome but lighter than YSL. My lashes also stay very soft throughout the day. I was kind of excited when I finished applying because I almost appeared to be wearing false lashes, since they're on the sparse side when bare.
However, I wish that it lengthens as well as it separates and volumizes, and that the brush was a bit smaller to make reaching small hairs easier. When I pull the applicator out of the tube, blobs of product collect at the very base of the brush-- it doesn't affect perfomance but it gets the rim a little messy as I use it each day. The pigmentation is nothing to complain about, but move along if you're looking for that elusive, deep-space black (and tell me when you find it!). While the mascara is easy to wash off with warm water, some say that it tends to smudge during wear. I haven't had a problem with this due to my mascara base having a slight waterproofing effect, but the vitamin E is probably what causes it to smudge. I haven't experienced how well it holds up with sweat or heat, but I'll update if you care to check back. I can't say I'll repurchase because Maybelline does test on animals.
Overall, I rate this mascara as equal to or better than some of the high-end ones I've used for years. At $9 a tube, it performs beyond its price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by nerdwriter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like many reviewers, I have also had problem with this so-called 'waterproof' mascara. It helped my naturally dark eyelashes pop even more but I couldn't go to the movies or theme parks without worrying about it smearing down my eyes, giving me raccoon eyes. I also wear contact lenses and, while it did not bother my contacts, my occasionally watery/allergy induced misty eyes proved to be stronger than the formula. If they made it a legit waterproof formula, I would buy this again. In the meantime, I'll just skip it and find myself another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sad. I have sparse, thin, wimpy lashes and have been searching high and low for the perfect mascara. I found it in this one. Hands down the best I've tried yet...so you can imagine how my heart sank when I looked in the mirror an hour after applying only to find the mascara smeared underneath my eyes. IT RUNS SO BAD, PEOPLE. SO. BAD. Isn't it supposed to be waterproof? I do have oily lids but...it's supposed to be waterproof. I even tried not putting any on the bottom lashes and it STILL ran. Guess I just gotta keep hunting. Full 'n Soft lengthened and volumized without clumps, and for dirt cheap. I'm wondering if it's the vitamin E they added? Either way, I'm really disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ixchopsticks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a mascara that wouldn't flake on me & wouldn't separate my eyelashes into sections. I asked people which brand they would recommend & looked up the most top rated mascara on MUA. This one fit the description. I tried it & I really liked it a lot. It doesn't harden my eyelashes & doesn't really flake too much. The brush doesn't clump at all & it has soft bristles.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by breakawaysue

I've been using this for many years now, keep going back after I stray and try some new "miracle" mascara once in a while. I use the very black, waterproof version.

PROs:
1. LOVE the thick round, full brush, keeps the lashes separated and not Tammy Fay Baker!
2. Middle of the road price on a DS mascara, still seems a little expensive though the last couple yrs
3. While I do have to put on 3 coats to get the look I want, it layers well.
4. Don't have a problem removing it (it is waterproof after all and they all take a little work) with the Neutrogena or Mary Kay eye-makeup removers. Just hold the cotton ball on the lashes a few seconds to soften it before you start to rub.

CONs:
1. Even waterproof version RUNS under my eyes when I get hot and sweat (outside in summer or dancing in a club)
2. Seems like a tube of it dries out in a couple months (never runs out) fairly quickly and it does not work well at all when getting "old". So I have to repurchase often. That being said, I never like other brands enough to use them long enough to see if they dry out that fast too.

Overall except for the running under my eyes part when I'm hot and sweaty I will certainly buy again.