November 27, 2014 | 1359 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Volume Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by orlmente

First of all I hate the packaging for this, I don't like when shampoos come in this upside down squeeze tube thing. It's fine for conditioner that's thicker but with shampoo sometimes I squeeze out too much accidentally and then it's impossible to get it back in.

I don't love the scent either but it's a nice change from typical drugstore shampoo scents.

I don't know how well it stands up to the claims that it's anti fade etc, but it didn't make my hair fade faster so that's good. It lathers up nicely.
I think it's irritating my scalp though. I'm using the conditioner from this line as well so I have no way of knowing which is causing it, but my hair gets limp really fast. Before I was using these products I'd wash my hair maybe once every three days but now I find it gets gross looking on the second day.

Tbh though I'll finish them both because I'm too cheap to waste anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the many "sulfate-free" shampoos I've tried over the months. I normally use Pureology Hydrate but it's expensive so I try to look for cheaper alternatives. I tried the Everpure Smooth one also and the "Volume" shampoo is better in terms of giving my hair more volume, more lift at the roots as well as more bounce and swing. The Everpure Smooth one left my hair a bit weighed down with the hair laying more flat against my scalp.

Consistency is thick and rich and forms a smooth, rather than bubbly, lather. A little goes a long way and I only need to use less than a quarter size to clean my scalp. I have waist length hair but I don't use the shampoo on the whole length, just my scalp. I'm not too crazy about the scent although it doesn't last long on me. It cleans my scalp very well without it feeling stripped. I didn't notice any build-up or static that some people have experienced. I have medium textured as opposed to "fine" hair so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with one's hair type.

NOTE: In my experience, most volumizing shampoos tend to leave my hair a bit dry and this shampoo was no exception. So, instead of using the conditioner that pairs with this (which I found wasn't moisturizing enough), I use Loreal's Evercreme Intense Moisturizing Conditioner instead and only on the last 4-5 inches of my hair. The result is nothing short of fantastic: Non greasy roots and moisturized, tangle-free ends that lasts up to 2 days. It's a win, win for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Dittedip

I bought this shampoo and the conditioner that comes with it because of its lack of sulfates. My hair is fine and has been bleached, so it was very frizzy and hard to comb out even after using conditioner. Already after the first time of usage, my hair felt a lot better. The shampoo didn't dry out my hair, and the scent of the conditioner is soo freshening. I don't think it has a huge volumizing effect, but it still kind of adds a little more 'airy' feeling to my hair when it's dry. These products have really softened and strengthened my hair, and they are definitely worth the money, especially because a little of it goes a long way - so it's not that expensive anyways. I'm definitely continuing to use them as long as I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Stg16

This really is a fantastic shampoo for my hair! I have never actually used a shampoo & conditioner that has made my hair feel so soft and clean after every wash. L'Oreal's new Everpure volume range is amazing. I have very long fine/naturally poker straight hair so finding a shampoo that keeps my hair in good condition and adds volume is ideal. I happened upon this shampoo when staying at my aunts house a few months ago, I had never seen the range before and was intrigued! I was so amazed by the result that when I got home I bought some straight away. The price is a little expensive compared with other high street brands however I keep paying it as it is worth it! My hair feels really clean and baby soft for days, plus it looks shiny and just feels healthy. A lot of people have commented on its healthy look recently. I would highly recommend both the shampoo and the conditioner to anyone as it is probably the best one I have ever used. It is said to use natural ingredients with few chemicals making it purer. To be honest I think you can really tell, the mint in the conditioner actually tingles my hair and feels like it is working straight away. Try try try!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I really love this shampoo! Not so much for its volumizing abilities (didnīt notice much of that), but because I have the feeling that it cleans really thoroughly without being harsh at all, and it produces a wonderful soft and silky lather. Afterwards, my hair feels clean and it doesnīt lack moisture or shine, as it can happen after other volumizing shampoos. Also the scent is nice, and I prefer its slight herb-y aroma to other overly fruity or sweet scents. Will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Tobeygs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I needed a sulfate free shampoo so I grabbed this one. I love the fresh scent and it seems to do a good job; however, it has caused MAJOR back acne. I'd tried this brand, different formula before and couldn't remember why I didn't rebuy, now I remember -- ACNE. Not sure what it contains that causes my breakouts but it is definitely the cause. bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite, holy grail shampoo. It cleans my hair without stripping my scalp of its oils and leaves a wonderful scent. I don't really notice a "volumizing" effect but it gives a little more boost than a regular shampoo. I have been using this EverPure line for years and will continue to repurchase. As a side note, I have very straight and thick hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by dianneb1

I've always had very healthy and fine, but strong, hair. Until I started using this shampoo. I bought it to protect my hair color, but it turned out to be a huge mistake. I didn't realize it was drying out my hair and causing it to break. Now my hair is frizzy and thin and it's breaking like crazy. Ugh. I went back to my cheap Herbal Essances and my hair is starting to feel better now. I do NOT recommend the EverPure shampoo or the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by becky39

There have been quite a few reviews that mention drying out the hair, I bought it in the hopes that it WOULD dry out my super oily hair! I love that it is sulphate free. I only used it once so far but so far so good, I didn't even need conditioner (which I didn't buy) which is shocking for me as my hair is usually a rats nest to comb out while wet if I don't use conditioner!

So far this stuff gets an A+++ from me, will update if any major issues chance my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by pearlbutton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've also reviewed the conditioner that goes with this -I really like them both, separately but weirdly, I don't think they work as a pair

I really like this shampoo. It smells gorgeous (fresh, slightly minty), and feels like a lovely luxury to apply -despite being a sulphate free cleaser, you only needed a teeny tiny amount of it to lather & cleanse really well. However after a few weeks I was somewhat disappointed to see that my hair was quite a bit flatter -it wasn't exactly limp, but it didn't have the amount of life it had before, and didn't feel as 'swishy', plus I was getting odd spot-like bumps in my scalp quite often.

It took me a while to work out what probably happened is that because the shampoo doesn't have sulphates but the conditioner that goes with it does have silicones, they weren't being washed out (as only harsher sulphate cleansers get rid of them properly) -so unfortunately the fact that this is lovely and gentle means they don't work together for me, despite being a pair.

As with the conditioner the is packaging attractive -not ridiculously girly, not bulky and easy to open in the shower. It didn't open in my wash bag when I went away & wasn't too hard to get the last of it out, with a bit of persuasion.

If I bought this again (I'd be tempted, as with the conditioner, if it was on offer) I'd try teaming it with a silicone free conditioner (mostly found in the natural organic ranges)