Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nailpolish Colors

3.7

on 2/12/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 3 shades: Nude-tral, Show Steel-er, and Sand Storm. All shades are opaque within 1-2 coats, and the consistency of the polish is smooth and not goopy at all. As promised, the polishes are dry to the touch within a minute or so and then completely dry within 15-20 minutes. I LOATHE waiting for my polish to dry, so I find myself reaching for these way more often than other polishes. With a quick-dry topcoat applied over the color, I'm able to get about a week's worth of wear before chipping. I love these polishes and will probably buy more in the future!

on 12/7/2014 11:52:00 PM

Took my time to prep my nails, did not do a base coat the product only recommends the color and a top coat. Goes on ok but bubbles up like mad...hardens yes but dries instantly NO, not even in 5 minutes, had to take it all off and go bare for my new job tomorrow...not happy!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My favorite polish by far! I can paint my nails in the dunkin donuts drive thru and my nails are dry and fabulous by the time I get to work!! And that's less than 3 miles.

Dreamsicle- a creme orange, is my favorite summer color and cinna-snap is my go to in the winter and fall.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love the colours, they are opaque and vibrant (peachy breeze, mint julep, pedal pusher, pink blink) Obvi the pastel colours should get more than one coat to have a real nice finish

I find the formula can vary from colour to colour, I had to dilute the peachy breeze with polish remover (went on thick, streaky)
But the more pastel colours I found went on better.

I did experience some bubbling which shows up after the polish has dried..

ughh its very frustrating because the colours are so nice!

I wouldn't use this polish if I was in a rush...I'd make sure I have time to let it dry and to make sure I can adjust to the application... Hopefully they will improve this formula because there other brand "extreme wear" is definitely a better formula

Have this in the shade "Peachy Breeze", and I love it! The brush makes for a very easy application, the color is beautiful ( you can pull off one coat with this polish!), and the quick-dry aspect saves my life. 5 minute mani, and out the door! Better than Essie, I daresay!

on 3/22/2014 9:46:00 PM

I just bought another one of these in Love Train-- this pinky purple color that is like a cross between barbie pink and lilac. It's gorgeous. I always use a base coat and top coat, and that helps minimize bubbles and chips. I can get a solid 5 days wear, and I'm a mom of 3, garden, cook, gym, work, etc. They're pretty affordable, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I do my own pedicures so I make sure I have good nailpolishes. Essie typically fits the bill, but I don't always feel like spening $8 on nalpolish.

The Insta-Dri polishes go on like a high quality nailpolish. They're smooth, shiny, and the colors are vibrant. They don't have the same selection of colors nor the cute names like Essie, but at less than half the cost, I'll take my Insta-Dry.

I currently have about 5 colors that I rotate.

on 2/15/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I gave these nail polishes 3 lippies because I have to add a polish thinner to make these nail polishes anywhere near usable. I don't like the brush at all, but the colors are beautiful and I can usually get these for a great price because they are often on sale. The people who said the brush was impossible to use must not know how to paint their nails, so it can't possible be the nail polish, but more a user error.

on 1/6/2014 3:40:00 PM

These are great polishes! The brush works well for me. They dry pretty fast depending on how thick/thin your coats are. If you are into nail art stamping the entire Insta-dri line is great for it! I don't have a single one that doesn't work. I love the color range for this line too.

on 12/11/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Things I like about this polish: It goes on perfectly opaque in just one coat. I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely despise having to wait for the first coat of polish to dry all so that I can apply a second coat and then have to wait for that to dry too. The opaque first coat is a big deal to me. I also love the available color selection. So far, I only own the Blue Away color, but it's the perfect shade of blue that I've been trying to find for a while, and it looks like there are quite a few shades in this collection that are a little more unique than what you'd usually find at a random drugstore for a cheap price.

Things I don't hate, but am kind of on the fence about: I have mixed feelings about the brush. It's flat, which is wonderful, but it's also very wide. According to Sally Hansen's website, the brush that comes with this polish was made wide so that you could be done in a single swipe, but obviously that's just ridiculous since everyone's nails come in different shapes and sizes and require different attention to details. One thing I have to admit is that I get each nail done in fewer swipes with this brush, but it can also be a little bit harder to stay inside the lines. Also, for a polish named Insta-Dri, I'm not particularly impressed with the time it takes for this polish to dry. It does take less time to dry than a lot of other polishes, but if you're looking for something that will be rock solid dry in three to five minutes - well, this doesn't really do it. In my experience though, most polishes that claim to be quick drying don't entirely live up to the hype, so I'm not really very disappointed about this one. I'd definitely repurchase, considering all the cute color choices and fully opaque first coat.

Edit: Okay, I've been using this for a while now and I'm upping my rating from four to five lippies. I am officially in love with this stuff. I now own it in a few colors, but Blue Away is definitely still my fave. It's just the perfect shade of blue for me - Not too light, not too dark, and kind of reminds me of a clear summer sky, as cheesy as that sounds. As I mentioned already in my review, I LOVE how it always goes on opaque in one coat, and one thing I've noticed with repeated usage is that it's pretty easy to make perfect brush strokes with this formula. The brush may be significantly wider than most other polish brushes, but I've grown to like that too, maybe because I have a tendency to not leave enough polish on the brush while wiping off the excess before I put it on my nails. Anyway, I couldn't be happier about this stuff, and I'll buy it again and again.