September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Nailpolish Colors

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Syreetajackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite polish by far! I can paint my nails in the dunkin donuts drive thru and my nails are dry and fabulous by the time I get to work!! And that's less than 3 miles.

Dreamsicle- a creme orange, is my favorite summer color and cinna-snap is my go to in the winter and fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ArielButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the colours, they are opaque and vibrant (peachy breeze, mint julep, pedal pusher, pink blink) Obvi the pastel colours should get more than one coat to have a real nice finish

I find the formula can vary from colour to colour, I had to dilute the peachy breeze with polish remover (went on thick, streaky)
But the more pastel colours I found went on better.

I did experience some bubbling which shows up after the polish has dried..

ughh its very frustrating because the colours are so nice!

I wouldn't use this polish if I was in a rush...I'd make sure I have time to let it dry and to make sure I can adjust to the application... Hopefully they will improve this formula because there other brand "extreme wear" is definitely a better formula

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

Have this in the shade "Peachy Breeze", and I love it! The brush makes for a very easy application, the color is beautiful ( you can pull off one coat with this polish!), and the quick-dry aspect saves my life. 5 minute mani, and out the door! Better than Essie, I daresay!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought another one of these in Love Train-- this pinky purple color that is like a cross between barbie pink and lilac. It's gorgeous. I always use a base coat and top coat, and that helps minimize bubbles and chips. I can get a solid 5 days wear, and I'm a mom of 3, garden, cook, gym, work, etc. They're pretty affordable, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I do my own pedicures so I make sure I have good nailpolishes. Essie typically fits the bill, but I don't always feel like spening $8 on nalpolish.

The Insta-Dri polishes go on like a high quality nailpolish. They're smooth, shiny, and the colors are vibrant. They don't have the same selection of colors nor the cute names like Essie, but at less than half the cost, I'll take my Insta-Dry.

I currently have about 5 colors that I rotate.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave these nail polishes 3 lippies because I have to add a polish thinner to make these nail polishes anywhere near usable. I don't like the brush at all, but the colors are beautiful and I can usually get these for a great price because they are often on sale. The people who said the brush was impossible to use must not know how to paint their nails, so it can't possible be the nail polish, but more a user error.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are great polishes! The brush works well for me. They dry pretty fast depending on how thick/thin your coats are. If you are into nail art stamping the entire Insta-dri line is great for it! I don't have a single one that doesn't work. I love the color range for this line too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by emxs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Things I like about this polish: It goes on perfectly opaque in just one coat. I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely despise having to wait for the first coat of polish to dry all so that I can apply a second coat and then have to wait for that to dry too. The opaque first coat is a big deal to me. I also love the available color selection. So far, I only own the Blue Away color, but it's the perfect shade of blue that I've been trying to find for a while, and it looks like there are quite a few shades in this collection that are a little more unique than what you'd usually find at a random drugstore for a cheap price.

Things I don't hate, but am kind of on the fence about: I have mixed feelings about the brush. It's flat, which is wonderful, but it's also very wide. According to Sally Hansen's website, the brush that comes with this polish was made wide so that you could be done in a single swipe, but obviously that's just ridiculous since everyone's nails come in different shapes and sizes and require different attention to details. One thing I have to admit is that I get each nail done in fewer swipes with this brush, but it can also be a little bit harder to stay inside the lines. Also, for a polish named Insta-Dri, I'm not particularly impressed with the time it takes for this polish to dry. It does take less time to dry than a lot of other polishes, but if you're looking for something that will be rock solid dry in three to five minutes - well, this doesn't really do it. In my experience though, most polishes that claim to be quick drying don't entirely live up to the hype, so I'm not really very disappointed about this one. I'd definitely repurchase, considering all the cute color choices and fully opaque first coat.

Edit: Okay, I've been using this for a while now and I'm upping my rating from four to five lippies. I am officially in love with this stuff. I now own it in a few colors, but Blue Away is definitely still my fave. It's just the perfect shade of blue for me - Not too light, not too dark, and kind of reminds me of a clear summer sky, as cheesy as that sounds. As I mentioned already in my review, I LOVE how it always goes on opaque in one coat, and one thing I've noticed with repeated usage is that it's pretty easy to make perfect brush strokes with this formula. The brush may be significantly wider than most other polish brushes, but I've grown to like that too, maybe because I have a tendency to not leave enough polish on the brush while wiping off the excess before I put it on my nails. Anyway, I couldn't be happier about this stuff, and I'll buy it again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I HATE THESE MORE THAN I HATE THE SPLASH BACK OF TOILET WATER WHEN YOU POOP.

I bought one of them in Mint...Sprint? Julep? Mint something, I can't remember and I can't check because I threw it out a looooong time ago. Anyways, I bought one and I had super high hopes because hey, who doesn't love fast drying nail polish? I loved the color and I got home and put it on right away and I haaaaaAaaaAaaAaaTED the brush. It was thick and fat and picked up so much product it was ridiculous, I had nail polish globbed up near my cuticles and in between my nail and my fingers and ugh, it was everywhere. There is no such thing as a thin coat with this nail polish. Then when it 'dried' (which, when I say dried, I mean became not wet, just incredibly tacky) it BUBBLED. Like Spongebob under the sea type bubbles on every single nail. And it wasn't because of my topcoat because I've never had any problems with it before.

Then it chipped like shit the very next day and stained my nails green. I'm getting angry just sitting here thinking about it. Not to mention that the bottle was awkwardly shaped and the brush was too long. IT JUST SUCKED IN EVERY AREA AND IN EVERY CATEGORY, OKAY.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I have two shades of this polish, Silver Sweep and a bright pink cream shade whose name has worn off. Both are excellent. I particularly love the brush, slightly wider and firmer than usual. It makes painting my right hand nails with my idiot left hand infinitely easier, and it's easier to get streak-free coverage of thumbs & big toes. One coat is opaque; a second evens out any imperfections. And it really does dry almost instantly. I do also like the Insta-Dri topcoat, for use with other polishes, and to extend the chip-free time.