August 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Light Master Make-Up Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
I'm 56, fortunate enough to have great skin but a few fine lines are creeping up; also I don't feel quite as "glowy" as I used to. I got a nice size sample last week (SA at Nordie's put a couple of pumps into the little sample jar, then when she walked away I quickly opened it and filled it up, lol) and have been playing around with it. I was pulled in by the holographic type shimmer that didn't have a trace of glitter. I abhor glitter on my face - as far as I'm concerned I'm at least fifty years too old for that. So anyway, I've been playing around with it. First I used it by itself my skin looked a little blotchy. Then, even though I never use primer, I tried it under my foundation and was underwhelmed. Next, I mixed it with my foundation and - voila! - it gave me the brightening effect that I was looking for and I was sold.
But wait... there's more. Then I tried it OVER my foundation and - oh my stars - it gave me the most stunning, lit-from-within glow! Went back and bought a full bottle today.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a very greasy, holo like primer that comes in a pump. The Becca shimmering skin perfector is a much more advanced version of this. Whatever you can achieve with this, you can also do so with any highlighter and it wont add any greasiness. I find this to be over rated and very heavy. The fact that you use so little means that the pinky, light reflective particles don't show at all. When I wear this over foundation to give me that glow, all it does it add grease. I found that my foundation slides around too much throughout the day and anytime anything touched my face the foundation would move, thereby leaving streaks on my face. I was shiny all the time as well. If you are just after a primer the Hourglass mineral primer is still the best I have found to date to use under foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this much better than the Master Primer. That was too heavy and didn't do much for me. Have also tried Nars, LM, Smashbox and like this better. I like the subtle glow it gives and its versatility. Depending on my skin, my mood (and how late I am for work!) I have just put this on over moisturizer with my fingers, or mixed it with LSF & applied with foundation brush. Applied over moisturizer it really improved the look of my skin. I have a fear of looking too sparkly and this doesn't look sparkly, just luminous.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by citygirl05

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product, as usual from GA.

I was a bit tired of silicone based primers and the slippery feeling of it though it admittedly did the job .Tried this at the counter but was a little skeptical about its abilities as a primer and was pretty happy with the original Master primer. Of course when applied by MUA it is always wonderful so that is not always the true test for me. I did decide to buy it because of a separte promotional at Saks.

I have been using it daily-mostly blending a dot in my hand with a dot of LSF (5.5) and I cannot get over the very suble inner glow it imparts. Have also tried it with Face Fabric as another poster suggested and although it is nice I do prefer it with LSF. Have also tried it without blending another product and then just applying GA cream blush and it has been a good fix for casual, running out to do an errand type of day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Way overated.
This is a light beige tine that yields a pink/peach sheen to it. The pro MA for the spring launch event wanted to try face fabric but I insisted on using LSF because that's what I'm using.

PROs:
no siliconish feeling, lightweight, helps to correct the skintone a bit

CONs:
price is rediculous for a primer, I can get the sheen with some cheap highlighter especially when the sheen of this primer disappear within an hour; does not hold the foundation at all, after the makeover I go to my late class and then before I go home, I went to a NARS counter...my face looks so bad that the SA at NARS asked did I put on the makeup myself.

I think MUFE HD primer is way better than this, but it got a nice cute packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Lighter weight version of the Armani Primer. I believe this may be new for Spring '09. Application is lightweight. Little bit goes a long way. Color is luminous without the frost. What I loved most about this product is the more you blend, the more it dissappears. You can control the glow. Blending it a lot will dissappear into your skin just leaving a slight dewy look. The SA at Saks showed me the versatality of this product. Because of it's texture and color it can be easily mixed with Face Fabric, moisturizer, TM and Foundations She mixed it with Face Fabric in her hands and applied with fingertips. Who knew? This can be used as a highlighter also. One color only, with a halo effect. No corrector colors, such as blue, green etc like MUFE I believe the tinniest bit is needed to give a very natural look, more in evening. The SA suggetsed this over the Fluid Sheers because it is so lightweight. I have been looking for a product like this for a long time. Thank You, Mr. Armani.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No