Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe Black Cabernet

3.6

on 6/22/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was disappointed in this. I absolutely love Lash Blast Volume and Fusion and no matter what else I try I always come back to those mascaras. I thought this color sounded intriguing and I liked the pink tube so I picked this up on a whim. I find that as far as volume, length and definition goes this performs much like Lash Blast Volume and Fusion do, so no complaints there. The color is the big disappointment for me. For a shade called Cabernet I was expecting a rich ruby/eggplant tinged black. This looks like a plummy, metallic bronze on the brush and translates to a flat brown on my lashes. It didn't look terrible but it wasn't what I was looking for at all, not dark or dramatic enough for me. I use it occasionally just because it's around but I would not repurchase.

This is all I wear. Being a redhead, I can't / won't wear any black or off black or even brown mascara; it just looks funky on us gingers!!! SO... when I saw this 'cabernet', I thought... okay so it seems like it's an 'auburn' tint, and it has a bit of a shimmer... give it a shot. I loved it instantly... not only does it just about perfectly match my dark auburn roots (hair gets lighter at the ends due to sun exposure, etc.), but it goes on wonderfully, NO CLUMPS, lengthens, thickens. It is so affordable and doesn't dry out. I highly recommend this color to any brunettes or redheads out there who don't want raccoon eyes and who want to look more 'natural'!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i love the color! i love the mascara! doesn't weight my lashes down a bit and can be applies twice or more for more dramatic lashes. i do have to say i was a bit disappointed that people weren't able to see the sparkles from a distance but from up close i can and they look pretty
i dont think it makes them look fuller, just more defined and a teensy more lengthier

on 10/14/2011 8:44:00 PM

I really like this product. I generally feel that a lot of mascaras look somewhat harsh on me but this one does a nice job of defining my eyes without looking harsh. Also, my eyes tend to water and other mascaras smear around my eyes, but this one never does. Some reviews complain that it doesn't last all day. Maybe, but you can literally sleep in this mascara and it will not be all over your face when you wake up. I have green eyes and I find that this shade compliments them. It looks almost like a nice brown when it's on.

on 3/22/2011 8:52:00 PM

:( I had to give this a 3 because I can't see the red/purple tint at all. I was really excited to try this and it just didn't show up. For those of you who can make it show with your lashes, you are so lucky! I didn't give it a 1 because I still love the formula and the big plastic wand.

on 3/17/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the pink tube (luxe version), and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by what it does for my lashes. I was using YSL's Faux Cils in Noir Radical prior to this and was disappointed in it because it clumped and some of it would always manage to rub off on my lids by the end of the day. Lash Blast has not clumped nor rubbed off at all. It makes my lashes quite long and somewhat voluminous. There is a subtle hint of purply/reddish sparkles in the sunlight, which I love. It also holds curl really well if I gently curl my lashes after letting it dry.

on 10/17/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like the Cover Girl lash blast (orange tube) and this seems to be the same formula, but because it does not do what it says it does, I have to give a less than favorable review. I don't see any color or shimmer and I have told myself to stop buying mascara with alleged color or shimmer only to be disappointed. Where is my dang receipt...

on 10/9/2010 12:05:00 AM

Color is very subtle, don't notice the plummy reddish purple at all, however it definitely makes my blue-green eyes pop. Just barely darkens my dark brown lashes. Mascara formula is great, doesn't flatten curled lashes, 1 coat gets me a nice daytime look, 2 coats gets me a bolder, evening look. No issues with clumping, wand works fine to get all of my lashes.

on 6/18/2010 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love the color and the volume is great on me, I just don't like that it doesn't last. I'm thinking of trying a primer to make it last longer.

I bought a two-pack when I spotted it, though. Reddish mascaras are REALLY hard to find.

ETA: It gets crumbly and disappears faster as it gets old. Definitely not for all-day wear.

on 6/16/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look thick and long as well as complimenting my eye colour. I love the added sparkle in the 'Luxe' brand LashBlast.