April 17, 2014 | 1850 users online

Eye Primer - Sephora - Tricks of the Trade Eye Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by doctorsara

I got it during the sales so it was really cheap. I like how it smooths everything and evens out the eyelid. I'm not a fan of the applicator though: I twisted it so many times and then all of the sudden I got a ton of product! Also, the bristles are pretty hard, so it's not the best for the delicate eye area. I don't think I would repurchase it mainly because of the crappy applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Glad it was only $3.00. The primer is a bit hard to smooth, and the brush is hard to use.

-------------------------------------------

Update 12/3:

I've really started to like this primer. It is excellent for a sleepless night's circles. It is a bit dry, so it stays put. The color is nice, and is light enough for my skin. I don't need a foundation to even it out, I can just put it on & go, it is not orange on me. The brush is still a bit awkward, and you can't tell how much is going to come out on the first swipe, but I can't really complain, because the good outweighs the bad. Now I say I'm glad it was only $3.00, because I probably wouldn't have taken a chance on it at full price, then I would have missed out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really impressed with this eye primer. I picked this up for $6 on the Sephora website just to qualify for free shipping, keeping my expectations pretty low, but this immediately became an everyday standby for me.

I use it on my entire lid to hold shadow in place, which it does a good job at. I also use it under my eyes either over or under foundation. My makeup tends to wear off throughout the day, revealing my dark circles, but this primer keeps it up under my eyes all day so I don't start looking tired. It's also great for this purpose because the color is pretty orange, which cancels out my blueish circles. I've heard a lot of complaints about the color, but for me it's actually one of the product's perks. The primer is a bit drying, but I make sure my eyes are well-moisturized before applying.

Packaging is ok--the tube is slim and compact. I don't mind the brush applicator, although it doesn't do much; I prefer to pat my primer around the eye area anyway, so I just dab it on with the brush, then use my fingers. All in all, the product is wonderful for my purposes and the price can't be beat. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by niecie2k

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow is all I can say. Firstly let me explain that I bought and use this product specifically for lower lash and waterline eyeliner and that's it. I don't wear eyeshadow and never have a problem with liner on upper line. I am on a never-ending quest for eyeliner that doesn't make me look like a raccoon after an our. I have tried EVERYTHING and I mean everything Nothing stays on the waterline and nothing stays on the lower lashline without at the very least smudging at the very worst being all over the place after an hour or two. I've tried all kinds of primers as well and NOTHING works for me like this. It's like the answer to my dreams! I get in the car and put it all over my eyes with the liner on the waterline and just skimming the lower lashes. After two hours, guess what? I make my trip to the mirror to check and yes; the liner is off the waterline but dead
stopped at the lash line NOTHING has done this for me. No powder, no shadow to set it, no primer - nothing. I've been using it for a week and trying all kinds of liners with it -even liners that failed me miserably in the past, and it has not failed me yet! You can actually see how the liner starts creeping down and then STOPS and sits right there where the primer began. Thank you sephora!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Good primer formula and that's it. For me, it made my shadows look better and they stayed on the whole day...as expected of your typical eye primer.

The packaging and brush applicator suck (which is the only reason why I bought the primer in the first place). I was excited to try this since I don't like using my fingers to apply. There is NO way that I am able to get a smooth application of primer with the plastic-y coarse brush. The product comes out in blobs and trying to use the brush to spread it out only applies MORE formula and it pretty much becomes a hot mess. I end up having to use my finger to spread it on my eyelid which defeats the purpose of the brush.

But enough on that. The color also pisses me off. It's a light beige color that would never work well on darker skinned girls. I am around NC37 and my eyelid is pretty much two to three shades lighter after applying this. I know some people say you cover it up with eyeshadow anyway, but I'd like to not have a lighter shade peeking out from under my e/s.

The price was fine at first; I saw this in Sephora like "oh this is cheap and I need a new primer" but only in the car did I realize that there is only a tiny tiny bit of product in there compared to a tube of TFSI or UDPP. Only 0.07 oz vs TFSI's 0.35 oz. And $12 vs. $18 respectively. So if you can't already tell, I'm staying far away from this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by avghuman

Bought this since I don't really go around spending tons of money on makeup and I needed a primer. The actual products itself is amazing. Comparable to Too Faced Shadow insurance, but just a tad less better. I still like it better than UDPP, though. My only gripe is the packaging. The brush is pretty useless and I hate waiting around to see if some liquid came out or not. I feel I waste sooooo much product because of it.
I would rate this a 4.5 if they changed the packaging to something more practical like Too Faced's primer is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

I love this stuff. I had recently swapped away my UDPP because of all the nasty chemicals in it, and needed a replacement primer. I went to Sephora to see if they had anything that might work, and bought this for just $12. Turns out I got a very good deal. This stuff is just as good as UD's, but pumps out the end on a much more useful brush. Easy to use, inexpensive, and altogether a good product that I would recommend and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by kittin1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the primer...at the time that I bought it I wasn't in the mood to shell out $17 for UDPP or TFSI. The only problem that I have about this is that I don't always like the packaging...there have been times where I have gotten too much product on my eyes and my shadow has creased.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eye primer in a pen which you twist in order to get color on the brush. Very easy to use and eye make-up lasts all day from pigments, to shadesticks, to powder eyeshadow. It is lightweight and has no color. I chose to just dot this on my lid and use a concealer brush to cover my eyelid and under my lower lashline with the product instead of using the brush that is on the product. This is only the 2nd eye primer I have used. The first one was one I picked up at the mall for mineral make-up but it dried out my eyelids to where they were peeling. Originally I was going to purchase the infamous UDPP, but found I liked the convenient pen design in this product. This works for me all day and I have even fell asleep in my make up and my eye make up was still going strong in the morning! Until I try UDPP I cannot make a comparison, but I am very happy with this product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No