July 26, 2014 | 971 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Love

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

In a way it is a beautiful perfume..but a bit formal,a bit cold..I expected something more cheerful, and it is quite serious!!! Still I reach for it once in a while, as it is definitely different from most scents out there!! I also agree there is a strange smelling note in it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Miku1978

I absolutely adore Romance, so I thought I would try Love. I found the scent nauseating and overpowering on me. There is a very strong note in it that I don't agree with. It's somewhat of a strange fragrance in that the notes seem "separated." I can't explain it better....I just smell discrete notes, with the most powerful one being the one that makes me nauseous. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very feminine, floral, romantic.

CONS: But surprisingly a little harsh for having these elements if you are expecting something very soft. Not cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a difficult and odd little fragrance to review. First of all, the bottle is very nice. A glass heart shaped bottle with a cute little gold top. By the name of the fragrance and the cute little bottle you would think it would be a nice little fruity, floral. Not so. The scent itself is very heavy on the patchouli. It's not a clean or smooth type of patchouli either. It's a dirty kind. The first thing that came to mind both times that i have worn this is mudcakes. You know when you were a kid and you would be outside with your friends making mudcakes? Not to be outdone by any of your friends you mix some berries in your mudcakes, citrus fruits, and last but not least, you pick some wildflowers and mix those in as well. This is Ralph Lauren's Love. Love is a tad bit masculine to me and has a "cologney" type vibe to it. Also, at first spritz the fragrance has a very antiseptic, household cleaner type scent too. I dont necessarily mean that in a bad way though but i guess its kind of difficult to take that any way but in a bad way. If Love wanted to do a family history of itself and get a geaneology chart done i think Clinique's Wrappings would be somewhere on it. Love might find itself to be cousins of Wrappings. Love is definitely one of the more bizarre perfumes that have come out in recent memory.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No