September 2, 2014 | 1216 users online

Foundations - Clinique - Superduper Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by recoff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this MMU last night at Macy's. The counter girl who helped me pick out a shade (I went with Natural 4 since I still have some tan left over from summer) told me that she does not wear powder at least 3 times while I was trying to decide if I wanted to try this make up...I have been wearing Clinique soft finish liquid makeup for years. I have very sensitive skin so Clinique always works for me. But I notice everyday at work at around noon looking in the restroom mirror my face gets a shiny look on either side of my nose and kind of red, I have to get out the powder to make it go away. I came home with the MMU and washed my face and put the liquid makeup on one half and the MMU on the other and asked my husband which 1/2 looked the best..he could not tell. So on the side that I just used the liquid makeup I put the MMU over top of it. He then said the side with both liquid and MMU looked flawless. So bottom line I will have to experiment, I don't want to look over made up since I am older but I really have no wrinkles just the pores by my nose have started to look more rough. I do not like the little brush that came with the MMU so will have to find something softer. Also the lady who waited on me should not have kept saying that she "just does not like powder ever". I will update this review in a week or so and let you know how it's going.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by EatMoreSoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this all the time when I was younger. I repurchased several times in the Matte Ivory shade. It worked very well for me and did not cause any breakouts. I did not use any other foundation with this powder: just the powder and concealer and it looked great. The only problem is that you have to be careful about applying too much, especially if you touch up during the day. I may give this another shot someday. I'm not sure why I stopped using it. Just got bored, I guess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i guess the name changed slightly b/c mine still says superpowder (no 'duper)...anyway ive been using this for quite a number of years and love it...i have very oily skin and use it on non-work days for when i dont want to use my long-wearing foundation...i am fair and use matte neutral...i highly rec it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After telling the sales lady that I wanted an oil free powder to help stop my shine, she sold me the Superduper powder foundation. Well, when I got home and read the ingredients and saw that the second is mineral oil, it seems like she was a superduper idiot. I tried it anyways, as Clinique returns used makeup accompanied by the originial box and reciept, and I found that it gives an absolutely gorgeous coverage and finish and glides on smoothly. The only problem is that it got shiny and cakey within an hour after applying it. I suppose someone with dry skin would like the finish, though. I wish it wouldn't make me so oily or else I'd use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2001 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The product itself offered good even coverage with a nice (temporary) matte finish. The problem: the compact itself. After a few weeks of using it (never leaving my makeup table), the damn thing broke in two pieces. I had the same with the Blushwear too. I will get the same results with MAC's Studiofix Compact Foundation and I wont get a problem dealing with two pieces of compact.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2001 9:09:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first discovered this product, I thought it was great. I have really oily skin and this has a great matte finish & controls shine for a long time. I used the sample for a days and went out & bought it. I realized that mineral oil was like the second ingrediant, I thought, well I havn't broke out yet so I should be fine. My skin is not sensitive to those things. But after using the real size compact I really started to breakout, bad! The coverage was so good & the color was perfect. I was really upset w/ my purchase. I don't care what anyone says, mineral oil makes ME break-out. I'd choose MAC Studio Fix or Oil of Olay Complete Radiance compact foundation/powder any day!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2001 9:42:00 AM More reviews by SarahM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice product by Clinique! I like a sheer, natural coverage so I was nervous about trying this so I apply it right after I wash and moisturize my face so it absorbs and covers "just enough"!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2001 9:37:00 AM More reviews by plumfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice sheer light coverage. I used Matte Neutral which was a great match (I'm NC30) asian skin tone normally. However, it caked at the end of the day and I think it made me breakout. The powder was very dry feeling, not as creamy as Mac Studiofix. Very natural coverage though. I also think it made me break out.