Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

I got to try the UD primers out in a sample pack I got with my Naked 3 palette. For some reason, Sin seemed to last the longest, like I used the Original about 2 to 3 times and it was all finished but Sin lasted me so many applications. I'm not sure if it was the uneven distribution in product or because it had shimmer, therefore, I used less of it because I could see where I had it.

Nonetheless, I bought the full size and have been using it for many months. I need the tiniest amount and whenever I give this a break and use my other primers, I just find that the don't work as well as Sin. My eyeshadow has only stayed as vibrant and opaque with this. It works very well with matte shadows too, completely gets covered up when I pat the eyeshadow on so I have no issue with it having colour and shimmer. Adore the new packaging with the fancy looking multi faceted cap but doesn't look like I'll be running out of mine anytime soon!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is rather different than the original Urban Decay eyelid primer and I like it for different reasons. The color is actually really pretty, sort of a sheer champagne sparkle, and sometimes I wear it on its own because otherwise it just gets covered up which seems like a waste and I almost don't see a point to using it at all. It has amazing staying power itself, but sometimes the shadow over it creases a tiny bit. Long story short, I like this as a shadow more than I do as a primer.

AMAZING!! I could not live a single day without this product!! I have normal/combination skin but super oily eye lids and this make my eye shadow stay all day with no creasing at all!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

another product that did not live up to its hype. bought it twice but im not sure why in both occasions, the primer tends to separate oil and the cream when it was squeezed out despite I used immediately after purchase. note that product has a use up shelf life of 6 months that's pretty short if you are not a frequent eye shadow girl. product is expensive as well. so for the quality, short shelf life I don't think its worth it.

I have tried all of the primer potions from UD. I've received numerous samples of Sin and have been using it for some time. It's definitely not my favorite.

I like the color of it. It's a shimmery taupe bronze color that's really flattering, and oftentimes I just wear it by itself. As a primer, however, I don't love it. I does keep colors from creasing and makes them last 8 hours or more (as do all the UD primer potions), but it doesn't look great with all of my shadows. For shimmery shadows, it works ok but it alters the color way too much, and the amount of shimmer can be overkill. It doesn't work too well with matte shadows because the shimmer in the primer shines through. I just don't see the point in this primer at all. I feel like it's really more of a creme eyeshadow than anything. I don't feel like a primer should ever alter the color or finish of your eyeshadows, but that's just my opinion.

I'm glad I received plenty of samples of this so I will know not to purchase a full size. It's not bad as a primer, but the other UD Primers are much better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this!!! It's works well and really makes my shadows more pigmented! And it's so pretty by itself too! My eyeshadow does end up creasing but not nearly as soon as it does with other primers I've tried. I have really, really, really oily lids and so far, this primer works the best.

If I don't wear an eyeshadow primer, by noon my shadow will have disappeared aside from what collected in my crease. I've tried Eden and the original, but nothing works as well for me as Sin does. I put it on and let it set, then apply eyeshadow. Most shadows blend really well over it, weather matte or shimmery.

I find it works best with UD eyeshadow, ok with MAC, elf and Almay and kind of sucky with Kat Von D. So, one lipstick off for not playing well with all my makeup. But I've used this product for several years and will always repurchase when I'm low.

I love the color of this by itself, too. Very pretty no-fuss, weekend shade.

This product does exactly what you want it to do: keeping eyeshadow in place and eliminating any creases in the eye. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone. I have a little shimmer in mine. Sometimes that works just fine as an eye brightener. When I'm too lazy to put on a full face of makeup, I just use this product. It's a quick and easy alternative to pulling out the eyeshadow palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

love Love LOVE this primer! I always admired the sleek shiny look on the eyelids. And until I found this, I had little to No success replicating the absolutely gorgeous shine this primer emits. For myself, it has worked with everything. Metallic, Sparkle, Shine, liquid, and even Matte eyeshadow's. it hasn't failed yet, in my case. And most especially important is it doesn't irritate my eyes. My skin super sensitive from head to toe, and I was relieved that this was non-irritating. If anyone asked, I would say it is an investment, for individuals who, like myself, love beauty on a budget. But a little dab goes a long long way. I don't regret having paid the perceptively high price for this

Eyes: Violet

Sin is a intensely shimmery frosty eyeshadow base with a taupe - beige-y tone. It looks good against cool-toned skin but the frosty shimmeryness made my eyelids look like I am 100 years old - I am not 16 but also not as old as this primer made me look like. I tested various MAC shadows with this and, as probably could be expected, it works best with shimmery colours; but mattes don't look very nice on this. However, the shimmer eyeshadow plus shimmer base-concept can result in a bad 80s-over-the-top-look. So I don't know, neither the result with mattes nor with shimmers is all that good.

The positive aspect is that it sets fast and would also make a pretty cream eyeshadow worn on its own to give you an awake look, if you have the right eyelids for this.

I got this primer as a sample; I am glad I did not buy it. On the wear time and lasting power I can't comment as I removed it quite quickly after my eyes started to get red.

Video Reviews & Tutorials