Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

I have tried all of the primer potions from UD. I've received numerous samples of Sin and have been using it for some time. It's definitely not my favorite.

I like the color of it. It's a shimmery taupe bronze color that's really flattering, and oftentimes I just wear it by itself. As a primer, however, I don't love it. I does keep colors from creasing and makes them last 8 hours or more (as do all the UD primer potions), but it doesn't look great with all of my shadows. For shimmery shadows, it works ok but it alters the color way too much, and the amount of shimmer can be overkill. It doesn't work too well with matte shadows because the shimmer in the primer shines through. I just don't see the point in this primer at all. I feel like it's really more of a creme eyeshadow than anything. I don't feel like a primer should ever alter the color or finish of your eyeshadows, but that's just my opinion.

I'm glad I received plenty of samples of this so I will know not to purchase a full size. It's not bad as a primer, but the other UD Primers are much better.

on 7/11/2015 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this!!! It's works well and really makes my shadows more pigmented! And it's so pretty by itself too! My eyeshadow does end up creasing but not nearly as soon as it does with other primers I've tried. I have really, really, really oily lids and so far, this primer works the best.

on 6/15/2015 9:00:00 PM

If I don't wear an eyeshadow primer, by noon my shadow will have disappeared aside from what collected in my crease. I've tried Eden and the original, but nothing works as well for me as Sin does. I put it on and let it set, then apply eyeshadow. Most shadows blend really well over it, weather matte or shimmery.

I find it works best with UD eyeshadow, ok with MAC, elf and Almay and kind of sucky with Kat Von D. So, one lipstick off for not playing well with all my makeup. But I've used this product for several years and will always repurchase when I'm low.

I love the color of this by itself, too. Very pretty no-fuss, weekend shade.

on 4/22/2015 2:26:00 PM

This product does exactly what you want it to do: keeping eyeshadow in place and eliminating any creases in the eye. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone. I have a little shimmer in mine. Sometimes that works just fine as an eye brightener. When I'm too lazy to put on a full face of makeup, I just use this product. It's a quick and easy alternative to pulling out the eyeshadow palette.

on 4/22/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

love Love LOVE this primer! I always admired the sleek shiny look on the eyelids. And until I found this, I had little to No success replicating the absolutely gorgeous shine this primer emits. For myself, it has worked with everything. Metallic, Sparkle, Shine, liquid, and even Matte eyeshadow's. it hasn't failed yet, in my case. And most especially important is it doesn't irritate my eyes. My skin super sensitive from head to toe, and I was relieved that this was non-irritating. If anyone asked, I would say it is an investment, for individuals who, like myself, love beauty on a budget. But a little dab goes a long long way. I don't regret having paid the perceptively high price for this

on 3/17/2015 8:49:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

Sin is a intensely shimmery frosty eyeshadow base with a taupe - beige-y tone. It looks good against cool-toned skin but the frosty shimmeryness made my eyelids look like I am 100 years old - I am not 16 but also not as old as this primer made me look like. I tested various MAC shadows with this and, as probably could be expected, it works best with shimmery colours; but mattes don't look very nice on this. However, the shimmer eyeshadow plus shimmer base-concept can result in a bad 80s-over-the-top-look. So I don't know, neither the result with mattes nor with shimmers is all that good.

The positive aspect is that it sets fast and would also make a pretty cream eyeshadow worn on its own to give you an awake look, if you have the right eyelids for this.

I got this primer as a sample; I am glad I did not buy it. On the wear time and lasting power I can't comment as I removed it quite quickly after my eyes started to get red.

on 3/16/2015 8:16:00 AM

This has to be my favorite primer from UD. It holds my eyeshadows really well and if I am in a hurry I just wear this on its own with a touch of bronzer in my socket for definition. It homogenizes well the color on my lids and adds a subtle touch of sparkle that is simply gorgeous. The product lasts forever, a small dab of this and I`m good to go for the whole day.

on 2/22/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Great product! I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 only because it is a highly pigmented silvery taupe and dramatically changes your shadow color. I can only use this with neutral or plum based shadows. Definitely is not a primer you can use everyday with all your shadows.

I apply with a small brush and you have to work quickly because it dries fast and then there is no budging it!! Never creases or fades but washes off easily with warm water.

I've used nearly an entire squeeze tube of it and will buy this again!! It is perfect as a stand alone shadow with mascara. The tube is sanitary and easy.

My skin is extremely ridiculously scaley dry and I apply heavy moisturizer then my BB Cream over my eyelids then this primer. It's never flakey or dry on me.

Excellent product, worth the money!!

on 2/3/2015 4:19:00 PM

I love UD products and I wanted to love this primer/shadow but it doesn't work on me at all. I've got hooded eyelids that are very dry. No matter how I apply it, this product highlights the wrinkles and dry patches. The metallic color also transfers around my eye area by mid day... the opposite of what I expected to happen.

This probably would have worked great on me in my 20s and 30s when I had smooth and not-dry eyelids.

It *is* great for grabbing shadow and liner and keeping it in place.

on 1/17/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this primer. I had two samples of this and will buy the full tube. The shade in my opinion is like a rose gold, and works best with shadows with gold undertones. My eye shadow looks pretty fresh all day and true for at least 8 hours. I also like wearing it alone. I went to the pool today and just wore this as a shadow and it stayed on with no problems. I'm a huge fan of anything that will get my makeup to stay longer, so this is right up my alley.

Video Reviews & Tutorials