January 27, 2015 | 891 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 11:53:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I have fallen in love with this primer. I had two samples of this and will buy the full tube. The shade in my opinion is like a rose gold, and works best with shadows with gold undertones. My eye shadow looks pretty fresh all day and true for at least 8 hours. I also like wearing it alone. I went to the pool today and just wore this as a shadow and it stayed on with no problems. I'm a huge fan of anything that will get my makeup to stay longer, so this is right up my alley.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 5:59:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMARi

I love the original primer potion and Eden, but I tried numerous times to make this work. I don't have oily eyelids, but after eight hours of work this made my shadow crease and look super oily. On top of that I was not entirely impressed with the color. Sin is one of my favorite UD shade, but this just looked glittery with no real color payoff. Did nothing for my shadows, even sin. Unfortunately, I was displeased and I tend to love most urban decay items.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Looked terrible against my NC20 skin, had a sticky texture, was hard to blend in whether I used my fingers or a brush, didn't improve the colour of my eyeshadows (from Urban Decay also), and was far too shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Inhibitedmonochrome

This is a lovely eyeshadow primer that really helps your eyeshadow to stand out and stay. I found very minimal smudging after using this product. Usually my eyeshadow from the lower part of the lid smudges up when I blink, but with this primer, there was minimal smudging.

It also works well alone, giving a light champagne shimmer if you're too lazy to apply eyeshadow. The one thing I don't like about it is how after it dries, if you rub it, it becomes patchy and it's visible because this doesn't dry invisibly. So I would recommend applying it really quickly, especially to your lower lashline, otherwise it may patch up in the outer corners of your eyes.

The packaging for their new primer potions is definitely way better than the old bottle form, it allows you to get the product all out and not waste any of it. The downside is that because it's in a squeeze tube, it's like facing the same struggle you have with toothpaste tubes...towards the end, it's really hard to squeeze it out. I would recommend cutting off the bottom of the tube when you're left with the very last bit of product.

It is a bit pricey (as are all UD products), but I think it's worth your money! It's a holy grail for so many people, along with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by emiliamarilyn

This is perfect with shimmer eyeshadow! This held up for 8+ hours on my eyes and enhanced the color. Works amazingly with sin eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

This ends up looking just like the eye shadow sin from urban decay except just a tad duller on my eyes. Not a bad color just not my favorite. It is a dusty rosy pink which is why I wouldn't repurchase. I like the original urban decay primer potion better since it is neutral. Both have the same amount of staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

MY NEWEST AND BEST HG PRODUCT!

I got this free in a goody bag at London Fashion week and was devastated to see it was the 'Sin' primer potion as I'd hoped for the original.

I am so so so so so happy now that I got the shimmery/gold colour!

This primer is absolutely crazy good! I apply a tiny weeny bit to the back of my hand (you literally need the smallest amount you can squeeze out) and then apply to my lid using my ring finger.

I struggle to get this off the back of my hand after application, that should give you an idea of the amazing staying power of this primer!

My eyeshadow has never looked to pigmented and stayed on for so long!

So worth the money when you realise how much product you actually need to use and because this is shimmery and coloured you could use this on it's own for a quick, long lasting, glamouros eye make up look!

completely and utterly in love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sample from somewhere but this thing lasted at least a couple weeks. Performed as well as the regular Primer Potion, which is good, but I just didn't like the color. If I add color to my lids, I'd rather it be eyesahdow over a good, neutral primer base. Even if i did want the color, Milani and Jordana make close to the same color in pencil form at a much cheaper price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I got a sample of this from a friend, along with several other "flavors" of UD eye primer. This wasn't my favorite. The lasting power was reasonable, but the primer was sparkly, which made my matte eyeshadow also sparkly. I don't mind a touch of shimmer in one of the mix of shadows I put on in a given day, but not all of them. I'm just too old for that kind of look, and definitely not a good look for work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've tried all UDs eyeshadow primers and feel they are each great in their own little ways. The original and anti-aging ones are the best as far as making my shadow stay put for many, many hours. This one is a shimmery, champagne color which is great on its own but can look a bit cakey if applying a full-on eyeshadow look on top of this. (Same goes for Eden!) This is great for maybe a crease color over it, but I wouldn't go full on smoky eye with this primer, as it will probably look quite heavy. Yes, it does make shadows pop and last a very long time. I just figure you get more use of your money if purchasing the original, which does the same thing. Side note: I usually use the back of my hand as a "palette" when applying any sort of cream makeup. I work as a nurse and wash my hands many, many times throughout my shift and this STILL was on my hand by the end of my shift. That just shows you the staying power of this primer! I would probably repurchase this, but right now am hooked on Eden and Original!