L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

2.9

on 8/5/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best thing for my colored hair. I love it and will repurchase when I run out. Absolute favorite! The smell, the result, everything is great.

on 6/23/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this for years, in conjunction with head and shoulders; I didn't realize it was so bad for me until I quit. I thought i just was cursed with bad hair or perhaps allergic to hair color, but no. I stopped this product and instant relief. Now my itchy head and hairline dandruff is gone. My hair has stopped falling out so much, too. This was terrible. All of the Loreal shampoos should be recalled.

on 1/30/2015 1:00:00 AM

Definitely not my favorite shampoo, I have color treated hair and I'm on a budget so I figured this would be worth a try. It basically did nothing for the longevity of my color, and I honestly think it stripped my color a bit. It did nothing for my hair except make it smell like mint.

on 8/30/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Loreal sulfate free shampoo is NOT sulfate free. It it the biggest marketing scam I ever seen, on top of the tube it reads sulfate free but then when you go down below to the ingridients you can easily see that sulfates ARE very well present. That explains why it causes itchiness of the scalp to many. I have used it once and don't think I am going to use it again. Maybe I will wash some household items with it but not my hair.

on 7/6/2014 10:45:00 PM

I really like this shampoo (I also like the "smoothing" version) It is sulfate free, and inexpensive-- two characteristics that don't commonly go together. I like the rosemary and mint smell, very similar to Aveda products but with a less intense scent. I pair it with the matching shampoo. There is a deep-conditioning version of the conditioner that comes in a tub that I use once a week.

on 6/14/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So disappointed with this shampoo. I have gone red and thought I would try the sulphate free shampoo to keep my hair vibrant and healthy. I love the sleek packaging and adore the smell (although it is a odd 'shampoo' smell). The first time I did notice some product build up but assumed it was from the hair dye, the second time I used it my hair was a horrible product build up mess. I again thought it was my fault and that i hadn't rinsed it long enough. Then I used it a third time and though my hair looked a lot better, my hair still looked as if it hadn't been washed in a month! I had spent 6 minutes rinsing it out , which is very risky business with red hair!I have decided to give up with it now, it's such a shame as I had high hopes and it is slightly pricier than I usually spend. I am a tad suspicious of the 'sulphate free' claim, it lathered as much as my usual shampoo!
I am giving it 2 lippys as it is has kept my red in very well, but due to the build up I cannot even style my hair as it looks wet!!

on 5/26/2014 2:01:00 PM

When I run out of this shampoo I will go and buy more. I have been using it off and on for a couple of years. I do color my hair and I don't find it strips out the color any more than any other shampoo. I have tried other shampoos and always come back to this one. It makes great lather, smells good and lasts a long time and I like the tube it comes in. I notice with other shampoos I get flyaways with my fine thick hair.
Don't understand the bad reviews.

on 5/21/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

On my fine highighlighted hair this shampoo (and companion conditioner) were simply awful. Firstly, the scent alone was off putting. This shampoo dried my hair terribly and I noticed no color protection whatsoever. I ended up giving this to my mother who finished the bottle and asked me to pick a different product for her the next time around. In concept this is good, reality, not so much.

on 5/21/2014 1:04:00 PM

I am really surprised at the low rating for this. I have bought many tubes ot this shampoo, and continue to repurchase it. It keeps my color fresh very, very well. I love the lather and the smell. And as far as making my scalp itch, I have the opposite experience. If I use other shampoos for a while, my scalp starts to itch like crazy. I go back to this, and it stops. It's $5.99 at Target, and with the frequent $1 and $2 coupons that L'Oreal runs for it, it's a pretty good bargain.

on 5/21/2014 12:41:00 PM

I love this shampoo mainly because it is the only shampoo I've ever used that helps me hold onto my color-treated red shade. The sulfate-free is just a bonus, I think I've tried every shampoo for color-treated hair in existence and they all strip the color so fast.

I'm a bit surprised at so many people experiencing itching or contact dermatitis with this product. I don't have sensitive facial skin, but lot's of shampoos make my scalp itch horribly, This one doesn't bother me at all.

It does leave my hair silky-soft and detangled, but I like that. I just bump up the styling products when my hair is super-clean.

Popular Shampoos