September 2, 2014 | 1317 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I really liked the loose powder best...that said I have learned that the best way to get the same effect as the loose powder is to use a cotton ball and swipe across the pressed powder and make sure it is enough powder to cover the cotton ball well, then pat it on the reddest areas first and the lightly all over. It takes five or six times of this process to cover well, but it really is easy after you get use to the technique. You can also use a soft brush to even it out afterwards.

I don't like the brush, it irritates my sensitive skin...the price is too high and you get less powder, which I am guessing this is the reason for the change to a press powder....but Clinique always stands behind it's product and you can return this if you don't like it. Clinique has been a life saver for my face, as I have Rosacea and this is the ONLY products that I can use...Thank You Clinique for your wonderful products!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by belle2216

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Im glad I waited a few days before reviewing this, because if Id reviewed it after one use, Id have told you that I hate it! Now that Ive used it for a few days, and adjusted how I was using it based on reading some of the reviews here (thanks ladies!!), I really like it. Ive been applying it with a MAC 187 brush. The key for me is to build it up slowly and to wait a few minutes after each application to see how it will look once its set. Its weird, yellow and powdery to start out with, but once it sets, it blends in well with my foundation, gives me a little glow and hides my redness. (not completely but Id need a paper bag over my head to accomplish that!) It doesnt irritate my very sensitive (rosacea) skin and it lasts pretty much all day. Im not 100% sure that the MAC 187 is the best tool for applying this loose powder, but it seems to work best out of all the brushes Ive tried so far. (Let me just say that my Sephora bronzer brush was definitely the wrong choice!!... LOL I looked like Big Bird, I was so yellow) Im not sure how practical this powder is its loose, so its not very portable and it takes a lot of time and practice to get the application right but I do like what it accomplishes. I think Ill try the pressed powder next.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is my makeup security blanket. It gives a soft-focus lighting effect wherever I put it. New foundation I'm trying oxidized? Put this over it. Blush too bright? Put this over it. I use this every day that I put on makeup. I'm currently on my second container, and it lasts approximately forever...or however long you consider appropriate. Lol.

To match the skintone on the perimeter of my face (nc42ish, usually wear MUFE HD 153), I have to carefully blend it and top it with a darker powder, but I leave it alone on my cheeks since I think it makes them just a bit brighter that way, a subtle highlight la Kim K. Really subtle-it might even just be me who sees it, lol-but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, amirite?

ETA 3/1/14: My sister gave me her Bare Minerals Faux Tan Radiance powder but I found it too shimmery to use all over...so I tapped a bit into some of my Clinique Redness Reducing powder and voila, perfect mix of clean powder +subtle glowy brightening to finish my face :). Be careful not to use too much though, especially if you have dry skin, as it can go from perfectly matte to marie antoinette cakey that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me it works like no other powder does, it's invisible (if you apply just the right amount, if not it leaves a "yeloowish" look), instantly covers acne marks, redness, and even dissipates dark circles around the eyes, also it's a mineral powder, so it's better than some chemical ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by juliacrod

I bought this powder (loose powder) for my mom for her birthday like 3 years ago.. she never used it! So I started using it just to experiment. I don't think I'm using it for what it's intended for, but I really like it! I use it to set my concealer.. I put concealer all over my eyelid & under eye area. I then put this powder over everything. It does really help brighten everything up. I also use it to catch fall outs when I use darker/dramatic eyeshadow.
ONLY thing I don't like is the packaging. It gets messy. Other than that, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by TGRAM7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For starters I only have this in the sample size but I will definitely be buying the full size. I don't have any redness but this evens out my NC42 skin nicely. I use it if I'm going to the gym or to set my foundation for work. But my favorite use for it is to set my under-eye concealer! It never creases and it brightens the eye area without looking dry or accentuating any of my fine lines. Clinique definitely has a winner in this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by lara90

I bought this a long time ago and since then I started using elfs complexion perfection which I fairly like. I have this in the pressed powder form, and the powder is very fine and yellow. I get the occasional redness of cheeks which I find absolutely unbearable, kind of like heat flashes in the cheeks, and this powder wont help at all with that. It definitely counteracts some redness, at the expense of looking a bit pale, but for a product thats targeted at people with severe redness problems, its a big miss! Its not horrible, but no mircale product. I sometimes use it simply to set my foundation on my T-zone. Most expensive powder I have ever bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by treedog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 49, fair irish skin with broken capillaries, red cheeks, chin, combo skin in summer, drier in winter. This is becoming my HG of skin care items. I can brush this on with a huge fluffy soft brush and my skin is instantly even. I don't need foundation, really can't stand the feel of it in any form.

So pleased. I am confused when I read this looks yellow on someones skin, I don't think it is being applied with a really fluffy brush. No reactions, I am extremely sensitive, no scent, just wonderfully even skin really in seconds. I have this in the loose and pressed, just a wonderful easy product that gives phenomenal results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

RI-DI-CU-LOUS. Nothing but a bunch of lies.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by TereH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

My experience was like PhillyKate. I wanted to like this, and Clinique is just about all I can use with my fragrance allergies and skin sensitivity. It works okay as a powder but if you cross the line just a tad and put on too much you can look pale. For me, I found it drying. I only used it on each side of my nose and in the area of my cheeks where I don't put blush - that's where I have the most redness. It dried my skin out, unfortunately. But I've had that problem with Bare Minerals powder foundation too and Superbalanced Powder from Clinique; I just can't do minerals, I guess.