Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

3.4

on 3/21/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My lashes are naturally curled, long, and thick. This mascara made them short, straight, and clumpier than your average 14 year old girls eyelashes. Its horrible. I know how to properly apply mascara, how to achieve feathered look, dolleyed look, length, volume, winged... the formula is just gross and impossible to work with. it doesn't layer or build, it clumps the second you apply it, and its so wet... takes a long time to dry. Don't even TRY your bottoms unless you're going for that Pushed-in-a-pool look. I love clinique but I was truly disappointed.

on 3/19/2015 5:59:00 PM

i HATE this mascara. it somehow makes me look like i have 3 very long and very thin lashes (when in fact i have pretty good lashes- long, thick and full).
the formula is a little bit on the wet side. the brush is curved like a spoon the the bristles go shorter towards the tip. as a result you get too much product on the tip. it's weird because that way most of the product gets on the lashes on the inner side of your eye.
can't say anything about staying power because i take it right off every time i decide to give it another try. i'm glad i didn't pay full price for this.
the color is pretty: i got the black- brown version (no. 2) and it's a rich dark brown that looks like black but not as stark against my super pale skin.

on 3/3/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is my "Holy Grail" mascara! My eyelashes are short, curly, and unruly. I have tried so many mascaras, yet none of them gave me the desired look.Even though I have naturally curly eyelashes, I decided to test the mascara just for the hell of it at the Clinique counter. To my surprise, with each mascara stroke, my unruly curly eyelashes were 5x longer, separated, and super black. Whoa! I bought it right away!
Since I have been using the product, more and more men have complimented on my eyes. One guy had told me that he was drawn to me because my eyes were so seductive. Ladies, my eyes are not that seductive...it's the freakin' mascara! It gives one a flirty ''doll-eye'' look.
The only downside to this mascara, I wish for an attractive packaging . It's a boring grey cylinder tube. I probably should not complain because packaging changes may also mean expensive mascara; which it is already at a reasonably priced compared to other prestige makeup brands.
Disclaimer: This is a very wet mascara and takes warm water to remover.

on 2/25/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I liked all other Clinique mascaras I have tried so far, but sadly this one is a miss for me. When I pull the wand out of the tube it always has way too much product on it, to the point that the wand is actually coated in product. This is why it's nearly impossible to put it on without a) getting too much product on your lashes and having 4 big lumps of lashes as a result, or b) getting product all around your eyelids.
The good thing about this mascara is its staying power, its tube formula really makes it last a whole day and even through a workout. It claims to be removable with simply warm water. Now while most of the product will remove when you rinse with water, it will create small black pieces that will stick to your face as a result, and you will need to use osme kidn of eye makeup remover afterwards to really get it all off.

on 11/16/2014 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

This is my go-to mascara. I usually add others to my mascara routine (what can I say, I'm a child of the 80's and less is not more when it comes to mascara). This is always the mascara I finish with. When you first get it, you will think it's too gunky and wet, and it is, but after you use it a few times, it settles down and does a fine job. You will have to wipe the brush a bit on the side of tube to get excess off. However- that being said, this mascara is budge proof, you will not have runs or flakes and yet it still comes off with regular face wash and water. It's huge on lashes too. I get stopped frequently and asked what kind of mascara I have on. It looks like false lashes. Now for the last year I have used a MAC zoom lash for my first layer and then this on top, but if I had to pick one this Clinique one is the one I would have to use. And best of all it's reasonably priced. And I would pay anything for good mascara (and have), so know that while I love a bargain, when it comes to mascara (or any makeup for that matter) I will splurge if I think it's worth it!

on 10/17/2014 7:54:00 PM

I have mediocre feelings about this mascara...This mascara get better as it ages as the initial formula is way to wet. The name of it is false advertising, it wasn't high impact in terms of what it did for me and it didn't help to hold a curl but what I do love about it is that it doesn't clump, flake or smudge in the slightest. If you are looking for a very natural looking mascara that doesn't smudge or end up under your eyes and incredibly easy to remove this is it. I like to layer this on top of Loreal's Voluminous mascara to stop the voluminous mascara from creating the dreaded panda eye. I think it works perfect as a top coat to stop other mascaras from smudging...on it's own, it doesn't give me the affect I'm looking for since it doesn't give volume or length. Final verdict, good top coat mascara.

on 9/11/2014 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I want to try other tubing mascaras, so I said I wouldn't repurchase. I was initially very frustrated w this mascara because it's so wet and the brush pulls out way too much product. I've since figured out how to use it and I like it ok after it's aged a bit ;) I like to start w CG lashblast volume or lashblast length then layer this over. The key is building it up slowly and adding a small amount each swipe through. The key is getting all that excess mascara scraped back into the tube. I do each eye individually because once it dries, it's not moving anymore. I love that it doesn't budge or flake and is easily removable with warm water. I'm going to try out some different brands because I know there are better brushes out there :)

I used to use the Blinc Kiss Me mascara religiously as I have the unique ability to melt off any hyped mascara out on the market. Tubing mascaras were the only option for me and the only one I knew of that was fairly well known was Blinc. After I had realized I had mistaken the High Impact mascara for the curling version of it and decided to try this one out.
Turns out, its a great mascara! Blinc would set my lashes a bit too hard but the Clinique one left my lashes rather soft. Its volumizing, lengthening and gives good separation in my opinion if you build it up.*** I found that the trick was to wipe the mascara wand on a tissue first then applying several coat which makes it virtually clump free.
For those that have trouble finding a good tubing mascara, this is the one!

on 8/2/2014 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for mascara that would not leave with raccoon eyed as I have oily lids. I did not want it to be waterproof however. Here it is! It's not the easiest to apply mascara but lasts all day (no matter how long the day lasts) and I do not have to worry about it: it does not fall off, it does not smudge, it gives me long voluminous lashes and it comes off with warm water easily. I only wish it was easier to apply it. BTW don't see a point in curved applicator. In fact I use my own applicator to apply it. That's how ugly is inbuilt one((

on 3/26/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First, I did not realize this was a tubing mascara when I bought it, so one lippie off for that - the promotional materials should make that clearer. I hate tubing mascaras and never would have bought it had I known. Second, I have flaking problems some days. I don't know what I'm doing differently those days (perhaps applying too much at once instead of in layers?), but it is annoying. Minus another lippie.Third, even with using a curler first, I don't notice a curling effect, and since this purports to be a curling mascara, another lippie off for that. Finally, I have long lashes, but after a week of using this mascara, they seem shorter (even when the mascara is off). I think the mascara or how the mascara is removed is breaking off the ends of my lashes. Minus two lippies for lash damage! I'm moving back to a traditional mascara.