October 22, 2014 | 912 users online

Treatments (Eye) - 100 Percent Pure - Organic Acai Berry Anti-aging Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell and the packaging are great. Beyond that, the product itself is not worth the expensive pricetag. For somewhere between $35-38, I expect a product to moisturize my undereye area profoundly. I expect to feel like I'm using something that's helping my skin and not making me look dry, tired, and aged. This product did not provide any moisture beyond the 30 seconds or so it took to sink in after application. I really gave the product a thorough try for about 2 months before I gave up. By the time I decided to stop using it, I still had some left in the tube that I used as a body lotion to finish it up. Skip this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jennyup

While I love the smell of the coffee bean eye cream, that and the organic acai berry eye cream (which I did not order; I ordered the moisturizer, but they sent this to me by mistake) did not absorb well. I didn't like the smell, too. It did not improve the appearance of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this cream. I've been using it for almost 6 months now and it helped with dryness under my eyes really good. Plus I love the fact that it's vegan, natural and cruelty free!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by dorcasgood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The new packaging is great. This absorbs better for me than the Coffee Bean Eye Cream and the smell isn't as intense. This doesn't do too much for my dark circles, but nothing does or ever will. No problems using my concealer over it either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I've used this and the Coffee Bean eye cream; I think I prefer the Acai one in general. Both creams do the job I require: hydrate and keep skin around eyes supple, don't cause any irritation, minimizes some of my wrinkles. Basically, keep me still looking young. However, I prefer the richer, creamier texture of this cream over the runny one of the Coffee Bean formula. Also, I much prefer the light berry scent of this cream over the sweet, dessert smell of the other. Given a choice, I would use the Acai one. I've bought a second one of these already.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this and liked it enough that I bought one for my sister. It does seem to help plump fine lines. Smells like blueberries. The only reason I docked a lippie is because I got the Caffeine eye cream as a sample at the same time and decided I like that one even better. I still use this at night. I read somewhere that effectiveness (or maybe just perceived efficacy?) of moisturizers is related to how good we think they smell. Caffeine eye cream wins hands down for me, I love that smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by foaloke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the Acai eye cream, especially since they've changed to air-tight pump packaging! It is very light while applying it, however I use this only at night. It is a bit difficult to put make up on, since it leaves a residue and the eye-shadow doesn't want to stay on. However, it is perfect as a night treatment, the skin around my eyes is super smooth and I have zero dark circles! For daytime I use Jurlique's herbal recovery eye gel! It's great too, works somewhat as a primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Pros:
- Ingredients look good and natural / "pure"
- Nice-looking packaging. Push-up pump lets you see how much is left.
- You get 1 oz of product. A typical eyecream only contains 0.5 oz.

Cons:
- Too light and runny
- Pumps out way too much product everytime.
- Does not moisturize well so it feels like just a face lotion smeared in the eye area.
- Not at all creamy.
- Websites (100% Pure site and Drugstore.com) claim that it contains 15% Vitamin C and 15% Vitamin E but i don't see that label on the actual packaging itself.... so I think it's bogus. I see no actives in the ingredient list either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, this really is one of the very best eye creams I have ever tried. In fact, I use it as a face cream. It's so thick and rich that one or two pumps or drops is all I need for my whole face. This stuff absorbs instantly and really leaves my skin smooth and soft. After a couple of weeks, I have noticed an amazing glow and smoothness to not only my undereye skin but my facial skin and even my lips. I've tried 100 Percent Pure's Coffee Eye Cream, and I like the Acai Eye Cream better. It seems to work more quickly.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by suhsoonok

EDIT-I have stopped using this one. It just was not penetrating well. Too many problems with it being 100 percent pure. In a way it works in theory not in practice. A lot of my stuff from this company was going bad and having an "off" odor after about a month. It is winter in MN and so it really should not be a storage issue and I had just bought it direct from the company. Susie has guaranteed these products for 2 yrs but I really do not like smelling rotten. Also not liking running out of product and not being able to restock. About 3 times have not been able to reorder because the company could not get their packaging.

I love this product. I find it hard to remember to apply eye cream and I am generally a lazy person and find it just an extra step but I do reach for this one twice a day. I also use it all over my neck. My neck has become seriously dry due to some aging issues and it was papery and strange and nothing would work but this. I also have used this on a sunburn and it has worked wonders. My only issue is with the packaging. I have had problems also with the body lotions. The creams and lotions are so dense it is hard to get it to the bottom so I find myself pounding on the side of the counter to get it to the bottom of the pump. With this eye cream you really can't do that as it is made out of glass. It could be better if it was in a screw off jar? My writing came off the label also and I did find it mildly irritating but thought it was possibly a soy ink issue or some related tree-hugger like reason? Didn't bother me if it was for the good of the environment and certainly would not stop me from buying it again. I do think the packaging for the make-up needs upgraded for this line, though. I purchased something for a gift for someone and it was made out of compressed cardboard. I was too embarrassed to give it and just kept something I really did not want. I think Susie needs to think about this if she is going to charge that for products with such a short shelf life.