August 2, 2014 | 911 users online

Brows - Everyday Minerals - Silver Gray

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ptimmens

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this powder, it was perfect for my aging sparse brows. But they have discontinued it and I found something even better. I worked with Kim at Purely Natural on etsy to create an even better brow color. Paradise is a new blend and it is perfection. A wee bit lighter than the Silver Grey, applied wet or dry it lasts all day and looks oh so natural. I think Kim is a miracle worker and all of you looking for a replacement for this powder or the Maybelline Charcoal Grey brow pencil will love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Peanut80

Pros: Matches black eyebrows well; blends in with natural eyebrow color (black); using light strokes it doesn't give a harsh appearance. I bought the "trial size" and have been using it for over a year! (Although I don't fill in my brows daily). Cons: Being that it is mineral makeup it can be a bit messy; the color doesn't last all day (3-4 hours maybe). However, a wet application will probably last longer. Overall, I definitely give this product a thumbs-up. The color is what won me over!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by zazubinx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I apply this wet with a Bare Escentuals angled brow brush. It took me ages to find a brow product that goes on quick and easy, looks natural, and lasts all day. I couldn't be happier with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by strickers

I can't say how this color is on brows, but I imagine it works well as it's a very versatile color. It appears to sit on the median between cool and warm.. which leads me to believe it would work for all sorts of darkish hair colors. I bought this specifically as a liner/shadow, as the color looked interesting and I'm all for unique brownish/taupe shades.

This color is complex and nearly impossible to describe, but I was right, it does make an amazing neutralish/grey smoky liner. It's a soft color that blends well and has great staying power for a powder. Can't wait to try this as a eyebrow color when I return to a darker hair shade. :)

PS: wouldn't repurchase, only because I have so much of this powder I doubt I'll run out. It's really pigmented so a little goes a long way, especially applied wet (as I do).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ally138

this is my hg eyebrow powder! i absolutely love this as i find that it matches my brow color perfectly. i'm chinese with dark brown/black hair and it matches better then any other brand i've tried. i will buy over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

everyday mineral's is an amazing company, there mineral foundation is very smooth, and does wonder's for my skin, altho i switched to mac face & body in shade "C4" ..i still use this product that became my [hg] brow powder. its the prettiest brow/maroon/gray color i have ever seen, i use an angled brow brush and draw a line under my brow's and then go back and push the line up until my brow's are perfect. i got it in a sample jar and have had it for a year and im still not even half through, they also have color's for every hair type. i will deff keep buying this :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to use as an eyeshadow, and rather than "silver gray" to my eyes it is actually a cool brown. The photo on EM's website is a very accurate representation of the color. I uploaded that image here, although for some reason the uploading process made the photo a tiny bit darker. Anyway, it is a lovely eyeshadow. This is the color I'd hoped Mac's Charcoal Brown would be. I think it would suit a wide range of eye and skin colors. On my eyes the greyed brown provides a striking contrast with my hazel-green irises. Silver Gray also works very well with a little In the Garden or Room Addition on top (these colors are too shimmery for me on their own).

To my surprise it also works very well on my dark brown eyebrows, which makes me wonder how orange their other browns must look....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by KSAkemi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually bought a sample size of this to use as an eye shadow and I love it! It's not a plain cool gray at all, it has a touch of warmth to it and I find it perfect for a neutral look. It's great as a subtle all over color and can be easily layered in more dramatic looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this for my mom, who is 64, cool-toned/beige, and used to have deep brown hair. Now it is a gorgeous silver. Her brows are somewhere in between. This color is absolutely perfect. It's not silver, it's not brown, it's a taupe-y gray, I guess. It looks very natural on her, just right. Graying brows are very hard to match! The ladies at the makeup counters keep sending her home with pencils that are plain gray, or way too dark, or too brown. Plain grays and browns looks weird, while the darker colors look harsh. She put this on at my house, and we both just stared in awe, it was so perfect! Do give it a try if you're having trouble matching your greying/grey brows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by fireflyglow

After my beloved Maybelline brow pencil in Charcoal Gray was discontinued, I was on the hunt for something for my (sparse, light black) brows that could define them, and not have a red tinge, as most 'brown's do. I had one of EDM's 12-piece-kits, and I figured, why not?

The color that I picked up was listed as 'Silver Gray', but believe me, it's anything but. It's a perfect, dark stormy gray that manages to give me thicker brows without taking on the Joan Crawford-esque look. It does look a bit heavier than Maybelline's Charcoal Gray pencil (and frankly, it's kinda scary looking in the pot), but I just lightly sweep translucent powder over my eyebrows afterward to give them a very natural, yet defined, look.

I'd recommend to anyone with very dark eyebrows that are hard to match to at least try this. I'll definitely repurchase when I run out, however, that won't be for a long time.

ETA (03/28/09): I also purchased EDM's brow color in Blonde -- a very light, neutral taupe -- to mix with this on days when I'm super rushed and lack the time to seriously work on my brows. Obviously, this combo is a much lighter, more subtle color, but definitely works. I'd say if you're hesitant about trying the Silver Gray by itself and are looking for something to fill in a kit, give this a shot.