MAC Face and Body Foundation - White

4.1

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tea-Stearate, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Talc, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood), Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Face and Body Foundation may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This does exactly what I bought it for: lightens up my too dark foundations so I don't look ridiculous. A little goes a long way since you only need a few drops and in my opinion that makes this a great value. Granted it sucks having to buy another foundation just to use a foundation, but it is what it is. The packaging is a little plain but the little dropper thing makes it practically impossible to waste product, especially since it's so runny.

My only complaints are the smell and the dewy finish it makes. The smell is reminiscent of a rotting orange or something, makes me gag and I can't give it a 5 for that reason alone to be honest. My skin is dry but I can get a little oily in my T-zone in the summer, I more so prefer a matte finish but I'm sure my skin will appreciate the added dewy-ness a bit more in the colder months. Nothing a few blotting papers and some translucent powder can't fix, worth having a perfect match for my skin tone. Maybe wouldn't recommend for oily skin types, though.

on 5/13/2015 5:09:00 PM

Holy grail product for gingers. I mix my foundations with a few drops to lighten to look more natural. Only drawback is it's very watery and can make a more dewy finish instead of matte. I just use a bit more concealer and have no problems. I've never been able to have natural looking foundation without this product.

on 5/11/2015 6:29:00 PM

I mix this with a color that matches my skin when I am the darkest (summer). Lately, I have been mixing more of the white, for a pale sheer was of color on my skin. I use it over Cover FX illuminating primer, and my skin glows. Just a tad of powder on my cheeks before I apply my blush...my skin glows

Have not yet tried it on its own but will

I have dry skin, and hate foundation.

This gives me a dewy clear finish to my skin, very natural looking with out al of the fillers contained in other foundations

I do not need much coverage as my skin is clear, but when I do, I use more of the color that matches my skin to cover discolorations, etc.

As my skin is pretty good, I don't get too into "looking flawless" and have a less = more attitude towards make up

this will not make you look like you have a face load of make up on your skin, it is very natural looking does not transfer (I often use on my neck, chest if exposed to match color)

It is reasonably priced, and goes a long way

I wish they sold this for less $$ in a smaller amount - as it will go bad in 6 or so months

I mixed a little of this in with my C1 Face & Body foundation and I am ecstatic. This is the only foundation that looks natural on my semi-dry, pale-but-not-pink skin, and I am so thankful that they make this white that I can mix in for a perfect match.

Went for a mini make over at MAC and the makeup artist told me (my current makeup) "is great but doesn't show your great skin and skin tone."

She applied this product onto my skin (half face for comparison) and she was right. Others have commented that one application leaves your face dewy and they are right on target. I use one application and I get a glowy, dewy, young and fresh look. My friend said my face looks radiant and well rested. This makeup is very light weight, so if you have something to show off, then I suggest you do! ;o)

on 4/12/2015 4:16:00 PM

This foundation is one of the best foundations I have used, application is extremely easy and the finish is absolutely beautiful. I am a shade C3 in face and body and am NC25 in other Mac foundations, the foundation is available in 120ml for roughly £28 I purchased the 50ml for £21.50 so the price is fantastic for the amount you get. I applied the foundation using a beauty blender and it was one of the easiest foundations to blend, in terms of coverage it's not the best sheer-medium but after 2-3 layers I was able to cover my blemishes. The finish is almost glowy, it's very dewy and radiant however it does have the potential to become oily so you do have to powder. I powdered my T zone only as I wanted it to be dewy and I was fine throughout the day, I always receive compliments when wearing this foundation. Overall a fantastic foundation for an amazing amount and price would definitely buy again

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Nw13. True Summer coloring.

This is a great mixer. Any girl who borders on N15 and lighter needs a dependable white mixer in her kit. #palepeople #thestruggleisreal

This mixer has saved numerous foundations with great formulas from my trash can or swap bin.

on 9/30/2014 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have pretty pale skin. As in, the lightest shade of most drugstore foundations are too dark for me. It got to the point where I'd accumulated all of these foundations that were a couple shades too dark for me. I ordered this after seeing it on reddit and I think that this is a necessity for any pale person who has trouble with finding a light enough shade.
So far I've used this with Pixi Flawless Beauty Fluid in shade No. 1 and it works amazingly to lighten up the product but not drastically change the texture. I use a 1:1 ratio when mixing it, and that personally works for me but I'd definitely do a few drops at a time if you're not sure.
I saw that some people use this as a highlight? For some reason that doesn't work at all for me and it looks funny on my skin alone.

on 12/17/2013 12:56:00 PM

I bought MAC White 120ml Face And Body Foundation thinking it'd be more amazing than my white Kryolan Aquacolor (awesome, BTW) for Dia De Los Muertos sugar skull makeup. How wrong I was!

A thin application looked like the semi-even white cast you get from zinc-y but non-matte sunscreen. A thicker application looked lighter... and blech, so greasy! My pores aren't something that I generally notice, but with this stuff on my face looked like a sponge that had been dipped in melted Crisco or something. And it felt absolutely disgusting on my skin. So glad I did a test run first - I would have been miserable with this gunk on my face while walking around.

It's hard to imagine wanting even a tiny amount of this crud on one's face in any context, but maybe it'd be OK to mix as a lightener in something less greasy or something :/

on 12/13/2013 2:11:00 PM

I never used or reviewed this product but somehow makeup alley had a review linked to my profile. I'm replacing the review that was here with this statement.