November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation - White

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pretty pale skin. As in, the lightest shade of most drugstore foundations are too dark for me. It got to the point where I'd accumulated all of these foundations that were a couple shades too dark for me. I ordered this after seeing it on reddit and I think that this is a necessity for any pale person who has trouble with finding a light enough shade.
So far I've used this with Pixi Flawless Beauty Fluid in shade No. 1 and it works amazingly to lighten up the product but not drastically change the texture. I use a 1:1 ratio when mixing it, and that personally works for me but I'd definitely do a few drops at a time if you're not sure.
I saw that some people use this as a highlight? For some reason that doesn't work at all for me and it looks funny on my skin alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought MAC White 120ml Face And Body Foundation thinking it'd be more amazing than my white Kryolan Aquacolor (awesome, BTW) for Dia De Los Muertos sugar skull makeup. How wrong I was!

A thin application looked like the semi-even white cast you get from zinc-y but non-matte sunscreen. A thicker application looked lighter... and blech, so greasy! My pores aren't something that I generally notice, but with this stuff on my face looked like a sponge that had been dipped in melted Crisco or something. And it felt absolutely disgusting on my skin. So glad I did a test run first - I would have been miserable with this gunk on my face while walking around.

It's hard to imagine wanting even a tiny amount of this crud on one's face in any context, but maybe it'd be OK to mix as a lightener in something less greasy or something :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Tupsa15

I never used or reviewed this product but somehow makeup alley had a review linked to my profile. I'm replacing the review that was here with this statement.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by NancyDunn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably wont buy again. Of course MAC makeup is the best for eyeshadow, but not foundation. It was kinda thin, and didnt cover good at all. I need my freckles covered, and just really didnt help with that. If you need just a little coverage, maybe. I need something thicker.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is essential for every fair person that loves the benefits that Face & Body offers. I absolutely adore the flesh colored ones. The way it applies, the way it looks and develops throughout the day is just excellent. The fact that it's used on photo shootings, runways as well as an everyday foundation explains how essential this stuff is.
The white one is a tad less liquid and I really like that because it works way better for lightening purposes. It lightens most foundations perfectly and gives them a more natural finish, at least the medium to full coverage ones. I also love mixing glitters and pigments in it so I can use them as highlighters and bases for the glitter to stick to. Lovely as a mixing medium with a twist. I will forever and ever repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by thisisjodi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finish is light and dewy, coverage is low-medium, bottle is huge and consistency is runny. I've read many times that this a go-to foundation in the fashion industry for photoshoots and t.v because it looks like nothing on the skin at all, just a glow and wash of colour.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by sunwarrior

I bought this to add to my foundations for when I was extremely pale. I thought it would be as mixable as the foundation shades of Face and Body, but to me it is noticeably thicker. It's definitely not bad for a lightening mixer, being true white, but it does make other products a bit thick. It definitely goes on your face very stark as well, I was hoping it would be of similar consistency to the foundation Face and Body's and be easy to blend in. For me, it seemed to leave white-ish streaks on my face. I only used it a couple times. This is GREAT for theatrical makeup, when you are doing costumes - i.e. Vampire, werewolf, undead, etc. for Halloween. Didn't work for everyday use for me. Unfortunately, my skin doesn't react particularly well to what I assume is a new formulation, because I've never had issues before. I was always used C2 as one of my favorite foundations because it is so dewy and I need dewy. Face and Body White is not very dewy to me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This the only thing i like from mac. I use a dime sized amount and put foundation over this to conceal redness on days my skin doesnt feel like being nice. If you know how to use correcting foundations, concealers, or powders get this you cant go wrong (;

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
Yey - I found ONE foundation this worked with: Estee Lauder Double Wear. It looks quite powdery on me, but with Arbonne primer under and this mixed in it actually looks as natural as real skin :)
END OF UPDATE.
I give this a 2 JUST because I haven't totally given up on it, but I may lower it to 1 if I find that I really can't use this for anything.
I bought this for thinning out my thick and too dark foundations. Some people here have written that this is thin as water, and if you use this for thinning out something, it becomes too liquid. I thought: I have pretty good skin, so that shouldn't be a problem! Well, it was. When I mixed this with a little bit of another thick foundation the coverage became light-sheer, and the foundation couldn't any longer cover my redness.
One more problem: this stinks! I hate the smell - when I put it on my skin, it smells like sour paint >:| Some say it's some kind of citrus smell, but definitely not on me. I don't know if that's how all of the Face and Body foundations smell, but the smell totally puts me off! I can handle many weird and strong foundation smells, but not this one...
This may be good for people with REALLY good skin, for evening it out (or people that just feel 'naked' without anything on), but I wouldn't suggest this for those that actually have something to cover. This would be good for people that are looking for something to mostly sheer (and lighten just a little bit) their foundation with (the ones that don't want to lighten can probably use the coloured foundations). Maybe powder foundation would stick to this better than to a moisturizer, because it leaves a slightly sticky finish. I believe this would be good to make foundations with a powdery finish less powdery because of the slightly sticky texture of this. Oh, AND: you need to be able to stand the smell.
I expected more from this after seeing such good reviews.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of F&B, I range from NW5-10 in Winter to NW20 in Summer so I needed this to mix into my N3 shade which is too dark, but allows me to alter my shade at different times of the year. It's great for Halloween and other looks that require you to be super pale, and it also looks great on men of you wanna put it on your bf ; ) the finish is dewy and very sheer so it's NOT for oily skin, dry skins will need to powder still, I use MSFN Light which is a great companion to this foundation. Would recommend to all BUT oily skins.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No