April 16, 2014 | 1880 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 214 short shader brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just picked this up at my CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet, usually in outlet malls if you're not familiar). Looks like I'm gonna love it so I just may have to go back for another. They had a bunch so check your local CCO and maybe you can score it for a discount too.

I plan to use this to deposit lid color. I haven't tried it yet but I had similarly shapes brushes in the past and am glad to upgrade to MAC. Will update this review with more later, but wanted to share that this is currently at CCOs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just got this brush today for Smoking out my eye pencils. I have to agree with the other reviewers that it was very stiff and scratchy feeling on my eye lids while trying to blend out my penciled line. I proceeded to wash it with baby shampoo. End of problem!!! It is now 50% softer......perfect!!! I'd recommend this brush to anyone for the Smoky eye look ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sheridingdong

This little brush is amazing. This is the best thing I've done for eyeliner, ever. It smokes out your liner soooo beautifully. You can make a subtle smoke or you can totally smoke that baby out if you want. It's small enough you can control it's every move and you can really get into the lash line and lower lash line which is important for my tiny lids. This brush is awesome, it's a bit scratchy but if you use it gently you barely notice. I'll never be without this brush

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this little brush! Similar to the MAC pencil brush, this is something I only really feel I need one of, and it also really has just one purpose, but it does it so well that I am really glad it's in my collection. I used to think I wasn't skilled with makeup brushes (well, that may still be the case) but it was also that I was trying to make only a few brushes do many jobs. I find applying makeup so much easier having multiple brushes, some of which have specific jobs. This one is perfect for applying a smudgy thick strip of color to the lash line - I find this is probably it's only job, or at least it's best job. But it's so good at it! You won't get a thin line - it's a chunky squat little brush, but it's so good at creating a smokey line. I will also use it to apply an accent color over my eyeliner. Similar to the pencil brush, I would make a point to perhaps play with this in the store, or at the MAC counter, but I think many would enjoy using it, and wouldn't regret the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

I am very rarely dissapointed with MAC brushes, and this is no exception.

It's great for smudging and applying eyeshadow to the outer corners. It didn't wow me like other MAC brushes (187 and 316, I'm looking at YOU!) but it's an excellent brush nonetheless.

For me, this isn't quite worthy of HG status, but definitely deserves 5 lippies. Would I repurchase? Sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love waterproof eye pencils (like Armani or the new YSL) but they are too creamy and I could not apply them precisely or in a way that looked smoked but clean if you see what I mean...
The only way I can use these pencils is to apply them and then smudge them with this brush. For the perfect smudged application use this pencil, smudge while "dragging out" like a wing motion if you like it like that. I did this and it is perfect, I can now use my "too-creamy" waterproof eye pencils the way I like them :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this incredible blush?!! I have had my MAC brushes for at least 10 years now and this is one of my favorites for smudging e/s and blending e/s on my outer V. A must have for a smoky eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Not many MAC brushes I don't find excellent and this eyeshadow brush is no exception. It it flat and straight across the top - relatively thick - I use it for several things including application of shadow under my lower lashes, application of a darker shade to the upper eyelash line, application of a darker shade to the outer V of my lid or lighter shade to the center of my lid. Sometimes I use it to precisely apply very light highlight color right under the arch of my brows. Very versatile! I wash it, and all of my brushes with a combo of 1 cup water, 1/4 cup alcohol, a little shampoo, a little liquid hair conditioner - dry them as much as possible then lay them flat to dry overnight. Do this about once a month (no clean freak here...) In between times, I just swipe them on a towel or kleenex to keep color application true I never apply my makeup anymore without good makeup brushes. And, by the way, I own DS ones, MAC, Sigma, some even more HE ones... good ones are out there for any budget!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got this brush cause I lost my kat Von d brush like this , the mua recommended after I told her what I wanted to use it for , which is to press the shadow onto my eyelid close to my lasline w minimal fall out ! I do allot of dramatic eyeshadow techniques ! Lol I have to say I do like this brush very lil eyeshadow get packed in this brush I also use it to smudge eyeliner close to the lash line and to apply my paintpots cause of the packed together lil bristles ;) I prob won't purchase again cause I got 3 of them and the mua told me if taken care of correctly they should each last me 10-15 yrs ! Lol thus brush is a staple in my Mac makeup kit ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that this is a great brush! Its uses might be a bit limited (I typically use it for detailed work around the upper and lower lashlines) but it is fabulous at what it does. I'm glad to have it in my arsenal of brushes.