November 26, 2014 | 1766 users online

Blush - Revlon - Matte Powder Blush - #003 - Perfectly Peach

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This blush is great! Even LISA ELDRIDGE recommends this.)

I am male, and my blush use is limited (no gorgeous pop of color and no radiant shimmery cheeks), but I find this blush unique and useful because of the shade and shine-free texture. I have fair skin with warm undertones and I use this to connect my bronzer to my dark rosy pigmented blush that I highlight the high points of my face with. (No, no shimmery highlighter for me!) This particular shade makes a nice gradual transition between my blush, my bronzer and the color of my skin. I apply it on my neck, above my temples and up til the corners of the forehead. It helps in contouring while giving my bronzer that amount of sunburn that is missing.

People who find it not pigmented enough, should not have bought a blush that is described as sheer to begin with. "For soft, matte color." are the exact words on the packaging. But I find the pigmentation to be above average. The main reason this doesn't show up on some people is that the color is only a light rosy peach. Very skinlike and unless your skin is light, it's normal that it won't easy to see.

I'm reading all the reviews and I can't help thinking that people should be more grateful for blushes like this. It's almost unthinkable to have a truly matte blush released by other mainstream drugstore brands such as CoverGirl, Rimmel, L'Oreal or Maybelline. Even among high end more matte blushes it's not easy to find one that is 100% mica free and useful for contouring or very oily skin.

The package is quite sturdy, unisex and chic. The brush is too small but it's made of soft natural hair and could work as an on the go brush to apply highlighter with.

NOTE: The pop up mirror people have mentioned has been redesigned. Starting sometime in 2009, the packaging became thinner and the mirror was simply glued on the inside. One good thing about Revlon products is that they usually write the production year next to the copyright sign. Don't go pick up an old stock, expired blush and complain that your brush does not picking it up.)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this blusher.
Looks warm pink on my olive yellow toned skin(around NC30), many people have complained about it not showing on their skin but I haven't personally experienced this problem. The colour shows just fine on my skin.
The packaging is ok but the included brush is awful(I always use my separately bought brushes for everything though).
overall its a nice everyday choice for me- great value, great colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by MegThacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color is beautiful for fair skinned girls like myself, it is not a strong color, it gives you just the right amount of color if you want a pretty daytime look or if you are doing a dramatic eye or lip. It is as it says- its MATTE which I love matte blushes! I think this blush is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by IAMSHERLOCKED

This blush is exactly what I thought it would be and for a good price. It's matte and it is a perfect peach color, just like the name suggests. Revlon has been impressing me more and more lately, especially where colors are concerned, which is why their blushes and lipsticks are my favorites. You really won't regret this one if you are pale like me and don't have $30 to throw around on a single blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I bought this blush because I was looking for a nice matte peachy shade and this seemed a good choice.
Unfortunately I feel really conflicted about it - the colour does show up on my skin, it is subtle- which I like, I much prefer to layer and build than start off strong or have to take loads of excess off my brush. I think the problem for me is that the formula of the blush makes it quite dull on my skin. When I think about blush... I want it to make me look healthy, radiant, fresh, alive (but not necessarily a shimmer fest)..... and dull is the very antithesis of all this. It is a pity because the colour was actually right for me but the texture all wrong. I don't think that it is dull because it is matte because there are other matte finish products which don't produce this effect on me. It just seems 'lacking' for want of a better word.
I've given this blusher quite a few chances and every day that I wear it I always feel quite 'bleh' about how I look so I'm afraid that for me it's a fail.

Update- I've bumped this up. I still find it very 'meh' on its own BUT it works fabulously when used with other blushes. I don't know why that should be but when I team it with a pinker blush the Perfectly Peach just seems to prettify it that much more? So I am getting a lot more use out of it lately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

I love the colour. I've been looking for an inexpensive matte blush and I decided to buy the Revlon #003 Perfectly Peach. It was exactly the colour I was looking for. It is a fresh looking peachy pink but the problem with this product is that it is not very pigmented nor does it stay.
After a few hours the blush will disappear and I would have to reapply it, which is annoying. I would also expect this product to be more pigmented for the price. It is one of the more expensive drugstore blushes and I just don't think it's able to live up to that.

Also I don't like a packaging. it is kind of cute and it comes with a small mirror and a blush brush I find that the mirror is too small and the blush brush is just too tiny and completely useless.

Otherwise if you are looking for an inexpensive matte peachy blush blush and you don't mind touching up throughout the day this might be the right one for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by spacegold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Scarcely shows up on my warm olive skin tone. I found that my brush did not pick up much of the product as it's very dusty and the colour payoff is abysmal. It took me about 3 applications to get some trace of transfer action going on. Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have light beige-medium beige skin an this product did not show up at all. I was extremely disappointed, as this product has NO pigment. Even when trying it on my pale wrist, no color showed up - even after layering it multiple times. Unless you are bone pale, this blush will not show up on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first blush that I've ever bought, and I love it! I'm on my second pan. Perfectly Peach to me is an ideal balance between pink and orange tones. It's not terribly pigmented, and I generally apply two to three layers; I think it would be hard to overdo your makeup with this blush. It looks very natural, and it matches the actual flush of my cheeks, which gets masked by my foundation. The product truly is matte, with no sparkles, and the "matte" part is what drew me to this blush in the first place. I think this is the perfect everyday blush! Staying power is pretty good; the colour still looks relatively fresh by the end of the day. My only gripe is the packaging, which feels flimsy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Spooty

I found it to be a very tame blush. You need to use a stiff brush to pick up any colour at all and it really is not blendable; too much looks muddy. But if there is someone out there who is scared of blush, face sparkles or of too much colour, this will be your friend; otherwise, pass because this will disappoint you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No