July 22, 2014 | 1301 users online

Toners - isopropyl alcohol

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

How could you not love this. It is so inexpensive and you can purchase anywhere.

Just dab a little on a cotton ball and your face will clear up a little and get softer. Just don't overdo it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice for the value. You can buy anywhere for under 5 dollars and you apply to a cotton ball then put on your face and you feel soft and my face looked very refreshed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by NancyChance

YEP. I'm reviewing a bottle of Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol. Why? Because I can't live without a bottle of this stuff. If I get a big zit, the first thing I do is rub it down with a cotton ball soaked in IA. By the next morning, it's always much smaller than it was the night before and by the next night, it's gone! This stuff is a miracle. Truly one of my HGs for cleaning my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this almost all my life (am 39 now) for skin care. I use the 91% kind and I have no problems with it. Just straight out of the bottle onto a cotton ball or pad then wipe face and ears. I have oily skin so for me it is perfect. Isopropyl alcohol is a multi-use product, and I make the most of it. Straight out of the bottle for skin, mixed with vinegar and water as universal household cleaner, disinfectant. Yes it sounds strange to use something on skin that can also clean your home, but I have no problem with that. It's simple and it works beautifully. Very inexpensive too and easily found in drug and grocery stores. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had the same bottle of IA from Walgreen's since 2009 when my son was born. Being short on cash and my usual toner I decided in desperation to try IA as a toner.

Boy was I shocked! In less than a 10 minutes I had baby soft skin instead of the rough, orange peel feeling stuff I've been dousing with Retin A, Meclan, antibiotics, Clearasil, Cetaphil and every single thing under the sun since 1982.

The smell is rough and you should definitely use it in a well-ventilated area but I'm pretty impressed after 3 days of using it morning and night. The pores on my nose and cheeks are actually shrinking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A staple for any bathroom. I use this to disinfect everything. Wouldn't dare use it on my face though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing good about using alcohol on your skin. It can really cause problems like over-stimulating the oil gland at the base of the pore.

That being said, I can't live without it. Everyone who has said they put it on blemishes and get overnight relief is so right!

All of those years of salicylic acid and cremes and gels and...I have a vague recollection of using this as a teen. Maybe it was witch hazel. But I like witch hazel, too!

The shame!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a miracle product for EVERYTHING... I buy 2 large bottles every week of the 70% concentration. I use it to wipe down my makeup compacts/bottles, use it to clean my hands b4 I touch my face or apply any type of cosmetic, use it to disinfect eyeglasses/sunglasses, & I use it on acne blemishes b4 applying any type of acne treatment. I think that I may even try it to "spot clean" my makeup brushes between shampoos instead of my usual expensive brush cleanser that I happen to go through 2 full bottles per week! (Can't keep up forking over $24.00 for 2 bottles of brush cleanser every week...) This might be a good money saving alternative to the brush cleanser. Can't be without this product!!! HG by all means. I feel weird when I have to go without using this product. This is my definite "security blanket product".

EDIT: I also now use this as a toner twice a day. ACNE & OIL ARE IN CHECK!!!! Don't listen to all the negativity about using alcohol on the face. Everyone's skin is different. If you are suffering from oily or acne prone skin, I seriously believe that isopropyl alcohol will be nothing less than completely beneficial to you. My skin has never felt cleaner...

Such a ridiculously cheap, everyday miracle worker. I wish I could give isopropyl alcohol 10 stars!!!

10 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by prittypixy

I have combination skin and had a the worst time trying to get rid of my acne. I finally started using rubbing alcohol and it has worked wonders with removing flakes from my dry spots and removing oil from my oily spots. After cleansing and then using IA, I just finish with a nice burt's bee's moisturizer.

But I do have a warning for anyone considering using this... A long time ago I saw a talk show (maybe Sally Jesse Raphael) can't remember, but anyhow she had a former swimsuit model as her guest. The poor women was a victim of severe burns all over her body because she used to tone not only her face but her whole body with rubbing alcohol before a shoot, because it is supposed to remove redness and even out skin tone. Well, she decided to light up a cigarette right after rubbing down! And up in flame she went, and with it all of her looks as well.

So, beware of open flame while using this as a toner.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best HG skin product EVER for anyone with problems with folliculitis (usu. caused by Staph bacteria) and acne. I have used Benzyl Peroxide, Differin, Proactiv, Retin-A, Neosporin, antibiotics, bla bla bla. . .the same as everyone else plagued with skin problems and NOTHING has helped like this! I read that rubbing alcohol kills staph bacteria and immediately starting using it. At first, the fumes stung my eyes (even though I didn't get close) so I diluted a bottle of it with water (1:1) and it seems to work just as well. I have somewhat oily skin (hate moisturizer) and it doesn't dry out my skin at all, just makes it feel smooth and very clean. I use it once a day or maybe every other day and have been using it for a few month's now. It is the most awesome stuff out there for dirt cheap! It makes me kind of sick to think of all the money I have spent trying to solve my skin problems when the answer was in a $1 bottle already sitting in my medicine chest. SPREAD THE WORD!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No