July 28, 2014 | 2160 users online

Blush - NARS - Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I quite enjoy this blush/highlighter/ whatnot. It's not especially practical, but it adds the prettiest sparkle to my face. It doesn't have very much color, if any, but it adds glitter that is somehow subtle. The glitter is so finely milled and its not completely visible from all angles so I don't feel like such a glitter bomb when I wear it. It's really not a blush, I guess it's a highlighter, but its basically glitter for grown ups. I wouldn't consider it an essential in my makeup routine, it's more like a fun extra.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don,t like it at all!It's way to powdery and after the first use the case is a totall mess!I applied the lighter shade and had to use a lot before you could even see a little bit of the product on my cheeckbones.I have to say that i do,nt like most Nars products.They are overated en overhyped and way to expensive.I prefer M.A.C any time over Nars I gave the packaging a 4 * because i love the way that lookes but that's about the only positive thing i can think off !

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 3 years now. Love the packaging, I keep it in my purse all the time and its a very sturdy compact. I also love the dewy, glowy look it gives my skin. I usually just dust some on my cheek bones and I'm good to go. I like that it isn't overwhelmingly sparkly like some products but just subtle enough for everyday use. The price is steep BUT its worth it because I've had the same compact for the last 3 years and there is still quite a bit left!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Looked pretty in the store but then when you go to use it it doesn't really highlight it just kinda puts glitter everywhere and it's leaves fine powder/chalk all over the packaging. For the money you'd think it would be better. Love the packaging and other blushes but I'm just not impressed by this one. Bobbi Brown Party Shimmer Brick is similar to this but looks a bit more scary when you see it alone but is very lovely on. I'd rather use that than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by bink180

*Sigh* I really like NARS products I really do, there's not one time I've been to the counter and haven't bought anything. But Hungry Heart was quite a dissapointment, especially since there have been a lot of good reviews on YouTube especially on their blushes.

That was a lot of money just spent on finely milled glitter I mean there was no color for it to show up, I've tried many brushes and it's still not any different. Maybe if i wet the brush it would be better...? All in all, if you're looking for a nice ivory/golden highlighter skip this one unless someone at the counter shows you how to use it in a way that shows up and if you do lemme know!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by xKaylaKristina

This is my favorite highlighter ever :) I always have to apply this whenever I'm going out for the night. Honestly, I wasn't sure of it at first, but I asked a makeup artist how to apply it appropriately & he totally changed my face drastically, I'm just in love with it :) you can also use it as an eyeshadow, which I use as a brow highlight or a base.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift - I would never purchase this ... blush?

I'm NARS Barcelona - MAC NC 30-35. This doesn't show up as blush on me. Maybe on someone that has very light skin? And it's a glitter bomb. I tried using it as highlighter. It was okay - I'd much rather use the NARS copacabana illuminator or multiple.

This duo basically sits unused. Sometimes I'll pull it out and powder it on my collarbones, shoulders, legs if I'm going out somewhere for the night or to the beach.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I have the gold ivory side of the hungry heart duo and I have to say it is a beautiful golden color and is of high quality but it's basically just finely milled glitter. I like to use it at night on my shoulders or decolletage area but thats it. The glitter only shows up when the light hits it a certain way which is good or bad depending on what you want. I'm not a huge fan of using glitter on my face unless it's a glitter eye liner or something but for the body it's ok....I think if this would have included more of a shimmer or even tinier glitter I would have liked it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok. I am writing this because I would like to buy but I cannot afford it. I tried it at Sephora and it looked fantastic-at my age.
I think older women can handle this if it's not used as a true blush or even a highlighter under eyes or up the temples because you loose those as you age.

However, my boss, who is just as old as I, uses it everyday all over her face. She's not a nice person but she looks angelic, absolutely beautiful.
When I see it, It is not sparkly where you look like you over dit it.
It only casts a light scattered gold specks when she turns her face lightly and gives her a nice uplift look. Even in unforgiven office light. It really brightens the complexion.
So when I can save a few bucks maybe I'll try it too.
The golden color is the one she uses, not the peach side
The reviewer that threw it away, I wish she would have sent it to me. It's a hefty $39.00usd :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by studiodummies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, Nars has quickly become one of my fav brands along with Mac. I've been waiting to get this duo for a while and finally got it a couple of weeks ago. I loved it ever since I first swatched it in Sephora. I love how it sparkles in sunlight and evening lighting. Make sure you know that if you buy this, it is a highlighting duo, not blush - but looks awesome over blush of course. Also, it is very sparkly, so make sure that is something that you want - more sparkly than just a little shimmery, and doesn't give off more of a luminizing sheen if that is also what you are looking for - look to something like TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer if you want that sheen - it is awesome for that. Also, Urban Decay's Moonlight cream highlight gives off the perfect irridescent luminizing sheen (I would really like to try their other shades of that too). Then of course don't forget Benefit's highlighters for those types of effects - their highlighters are all definitely more of the luminizing sheen and less of the shimmery/sparkly variety. I'll stop there with the list - sorry I'm a super highlighter addict - I don't go anywhere without it and I love trying new ones. I do happen to love a lot of sparkle though - I'm always attracted to anything that twinkles just about *insert twinkling sound effect* So to the reviewer who is "25" and said that they "can still wear glitter and that the older one's should stay away": Well I gotta say, I just turned 39 - granted I've always looked considerably younger than my numerical status, but even still one's age should NEVER be the determining factor when it comes to expressing oneself - that's just simply illogical. If you are comfortable with it and it makes you happy then so be it! I wear sparkly stuff all the time and all I've ever gotten was compliments - ppl coming up to me and telling me how pretty I look or ppl asking about where I get my cosmetics that they like how it looks on me - my husband also loves it - he's always taking me into lighting so he can check out what kind of "twinkles I got on today." And no, I'm not just being told just b/c they are trying to be polite - people don't stop you in the middle of the street in broad daylight at a crowded farmer's market to say stuff like "Sorry I just had to come up and tell you how stunningly beautiful you are - you look like a movie star!" and it is other ladies who say this stuff too - not just guys! So if I looked so ridiculous, then they would be laughing or making the "ewww" face - they certainly would never come up saying the other! So it doesn't matter how old you are or anything! If you really like something, and you are comfortable, and it makes you feel good about yourself - you will feel pretty and it will show - you will have a more confident stride and expression!

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No