October 25, 2014 | 1171 users online

Conditioner - Equate - Hair Detangler

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by salli58

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best detangler ever! I have very long, straight hair, that tangles easily. I've used to get Jingles but it was kind of pricey. I tried Equate out of desperation, and it's wonderful! I love that it isn't heavily scented. My hair is easy to comb, soft, and shiny!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by preeti6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time I have tried a detangler to try to help break up the knots at the nape of my neck that eventually form. Maybe I am using it wrong? I am spraying it on dry hair, waiting for it to absorb into the knot, then try combing out. It works a little, just not as great as I expected. Not magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by wynterxhale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is great, even though I have short hair it doesn't leave a stick or greasy residue behind. I just put a bit on the tips of my hair and it's completely tangle free.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by luvmylouis

I love this stuff. I've been using this on my 3 year old daughter since she was 1! She has long thick hair,and since I don't use conditioner in her hair, this works nicely after baths. Just a few spritz do the job, and she's tangle free!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by GreyWarden

I love this stuff! And its only like a buck and a quater, cant beat that.
Anyway, I originally got this for my fella who has very long hair to help with the brushing, I picked both because of the price and because I didnt have to worry about him accidentally spraying it in his face half asleep. I ended up using it to detangle my hair before a shower and its the best! I have very long, very thick, very dry hair and before this had gone through quite a list of leave in sprays from Matrix, to Aveeno, to Pantene, Infusium 23, Proclaim, you name it. This is what I will go to from now on. Its cheap, pleasant smelling, detangles, softens, smoothes, adds shine, doesnt weigh down my hair, doesnt leave a residue. Wet or dry! What more could you want? Only for it to grant wishes! Haha. Really this stuff is awesome and I will repurchase forever. If you use or need a detangler or leave in conditioner try this first before you shell out tons of money, you wont be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mayanquice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

We got this for my Daughter & it worked wonderfully. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works quite well, probably comparable to Aussie's detangler. VERY inexpensive. Nice packaging (the top turns to lock, if needed.) (Found at Walmart.)

CONS: I'm not in love with the smell, bit it's fine. This may not be heavy duty enough for those who need major, major help. ;-)

APPLICATION TIPS: I actually like to spray this in my hands and scrunch onto my ends to avoid my roots completely.

ALTERNATES: Suave has a nice detangler for kids, but I use it sometimes. Aussie has a couple of nice leave-in conditioners/detanglers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by FlameKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally wanted the Johnson and Johnson version (it was sold out and walmart only had one bottle left of the equate brand which I bought) but this one works good. I used it on my hair when it was dry and it detangled my hair easily. I used this when my hair was wet and it also detangled my hair easily. It is a big bottle and the smell is nice.It also doesn't weigh my hair down which is a real good thing. I think this may be my HG hair detangler.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, it's almost the same and Johnson & Johnson but for half the price! I noticed that they changed the product recently (the formula and the bottle) to make it better. It's definitely cheap and works great on my kids hair, really what more could I ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lemon_flower

I went to Wal-Mart hoping to get the Johnson & Johnson version of this and ended up getting this one instead, just because there usually isnt that much difference between Equate and the original brand, other than the price (paid less than $2 for the Equate detangler). My hair felt like hay after coloring with Garnier, and I couldnt run my fingers thru it even after loads of oil treatments, hair serums, and leave-in conditions. This hair-saving potion made my hair soft and manageable again, not to mention that it smells nice too!