October 25, 2014 | 1225 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Daily Purifying Body Wash w/ Sea Salts & Microbeads

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I guess I am using the new formula? I bought this because it was 'purifying' and I tend to get some minor breakouts on my back. This seems to keep it to a minimal. I really enjoy the smell, it's really nothing special and I probaby wouldn't use it in the wintertime as it isn't terribly moisturizing but for the summer, it does a decent job of cleansing my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

EDIT 8-30-13 Walgreens has now discontinued this as well.
EDIT 10-8-12: Some Walgreens still carry the old formula of this in their generic version. I was so soooo excited to find it. Way cheaper than paying out the ass on amazon. I always grab a couple bottles whenever I go to walgreens now, and you can order it from their website under Walgreens Purify Body Wash. This is HG for me, I refuse to use any other body wash!
********
The old formula was AMAZING. The new formula sucks, and is way too parfumy. I hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i'm kind of surprised by the so/so reviews for this product. i had been eyeing it for a long time before finally picking it up today, and i noticed that they have changed the packaging so i'm wondering if they also changed the formula? not sure, but the product i got is great, especially considering that it's a drugstore product-- although when it comes to bodywashes, i'm almost always a drugstore-only type of girl. i'd rather spend my quality money on something that doesn't get washed down the drain! anyways, this soap was very.... i don't know what word to describe it as but refreshing. it had a nice, clean, fresh smell and when i squeezed a good dose of it only to my washcloth i could see there was little bits of dark bluish specks in it but i couldn't actually see any salt. when i washed with it, i got a ton of rich, foamy lather that really cleansed my skin well without leaving me feeling stripped (it was 98 degrees here today if that helps and i had been walking around outside all afternoon). after washing, the lather rinsed off easily leaving no reside behind. my skin felt soft, exfoliated, and not overdried. i should mention that the salt in the formula did sting my freshly shaved legs a teensy bit but nothing that was a big deal whatsoever. i really enjoyed this bodywash and plan to repurchase. i highly regard these reviews for educational information but sometimes you just have to go with your gut and you'll have a very different opinion than the rest of the masses. a definite recommend from me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

This wash smells really nice and has little exfoliating particles in it. I do like to be able to shave with my body wash and this one doesn't allow that since the little exfoliating particles get stuck in the razor. It was only $3.00 at Walmart. Foams up very nicely, rinses clean and not overly moisturizing. It has a pretty runny texture. I generally like most Olay products, so I am going to try another body wash from Olay.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by bonnie314

I love this scent of this body wash. I love to use this in the summer because of the refreshing scent and the clean feeling afterward. There isn't enough sea salts in this product for it to be a scrub, but I use this daily so I think there is just enough sea salts in it for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for free with a coupon at Walgreens. I really like the fresh scent, and it lathers well and rinses clean, but I don't think they put in enough of the salts to make much exfoliation impact. I use it with a Korean wash cloth so that's not really an issue for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am not too fond of this product. I am a bath/shower addict so I have tons and tons of soaps and shower gels to choose from. I'll probably ditch this one for a long time because it is pretty average. It's not a worthy scrub in my opinion, it's just way too gentle to do anything really. It's a poor body wash considering it's not that moisturizing and it doesn't make a lot of lather. Otherwise, I really love other Olay body washes. My favorites (shea butter one and vanilla indulgence one) don't even compare to this one. They are so much better that they are part of the best body washes I own. These DO make a lot of lather and they DO moisturize heavenly. Don't waste your money on this product, buy one of these two instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the scent. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, other than it's just a good body wash. My skin did feel nice when getting out of the shower, but I still need lotion. That's not the product's fault...my skin is just super dry. I'd probably buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh my sweetie picked me up this, and I love it!!! I love my bath time, soaking in epsom or sea salts, and this makes it even better! Very luxurious, moisturizing, and it smells wonderful! I would love for him to pick this up again! lol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by poppyseed5690

I looove how this smells.. it's so fresh and clean. I've finally found a body wash that I won't get sick of :)