July 31, 2014 | 1331 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Tneshtun

I like that it's light and blends well into skin. But in couple of hours it accentuated dry flakes and made my pores appear larger. Worst of all it gave me cosmetic acne - little bumps all over my cheecks! I guess it's sodium chloride (highly comedogenic). Had to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really is a wonderful loose powder, which will provide either sheer, natural coverage on its own, or work as a light setting powder if applied sparingly and with the right brush. I have gone through three containers of this, as I have yet to find another loose/mineral powder that looks as natural and feels as refreshing as this. It almost has a pleasant tingling sensation when applied! I do have melasma (light brown patches on cheeks) and I am able to build this up to cover them without it appearing cakey on my dry skin. I am also impressed with the mini-kabuki brush that comes along with it. Probably the first brush included with a product (powder/blush/etc.) that isn't totally disposable. And I am a sucker for beautiful packaging, and everything about this products is really luxurious and lovely. I do, however, always find myself on the lookout for an alternate (and have tried MANY) in the way of mineral powders as I always prefer to have a higher spf (this has SPF 10 with low titanium dioxide %, I believe) for extra ss protection as I am big on sun protection as a result of my melasma. Highly recommend this product, despite the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands down the BEST loose powder I've ever use. My skin is DRY and sensitive and I struggle with pinky-red cheeks. Dior Fresh Glow evens my skintone and gives me a flawless, natural finish that NEVER looks cakey or overdone. I adore this a setting powder; it plays well with my other Dior foundations like Diorskin Forever and Diorskin Nude. It really starts to feel a bit like water when you first put it on, and I swear, it brightens my face like nothing else.

It's been really hot here, and I've been adding just tiny touches of concealer over my primer, then dusting a layer or so of this powder on top. I feel cool and refreshed, and never overdone. This has become my HG powder, and I plan on getting a back-up ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Danniil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is incredible! I use the colour 030 (which is a shade darker than my liquid foundation) because I find that since it's so radiant it makes the skin slightly fairer.
It feels hydrating when it goes on which is great because I have dry skin.
IT ALSO LOOKS DEWY WHICH IS AMAZING FOR A POWDER! It looks so natural but is very buildable and covered a lot.

I honestly don't care that this foundation is mineral and is apparently "good" for the skin, because even if it wasn't I'd still use it because it looks so amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by litho14p

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I was not crazy about this powder. I thought it was so sheer, why even bother...however after realizing that I was not applying it correctly, I really liked it. I bought a new organic makeup brush and it just made a huge difference with the application of this powder. The more you apply the better it looks. It lasts forever and will look the same after eight hours of wear. One thing I do hate is the small container it comes in! The powder just gets everywhere...the small size is another issue for the price that you pay, this powder is really expensive and does not last very long. I think I will purchase the Chanel powder next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by LittlePrincessJasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this powder. It makes my skin look so good and natural, like I have no makeup on. Dewy looking skin. Definately not for oily skin. A bit overpriced for 8g of product, but anyway amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by codesucker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that there aren't alot of comments on the obvious shimmer the powder has. When applied to the face, you can definitely figure out some shimmer (when very close to the mirror, in a good lighting). I like it, because it enhances and brightens your complexion, sometimes i hate it, because i think it's too obvious. but other people won' t identify it as shimmer.
it's sheer coverage (more than you would expect from a loose powder), but it's kind of illuminating, so unevenness will be evened out.
I recommend to not use a normal powder brush ( if you use it as a foundation), because it can look ghostly or powdery, and you won't get a good coverage. i use the shiseido perfect foundation brush ( works perfect), dior recommends the dior powder foundation brush. Dior claims, that applied to face, it will be refreshing as water. When i read that, i thought "Bullsh*t!". But it really does! no other way to describe it, it feels like powder made out of water, cool and lightweight.
so all in all, i really like it, especially the natural finish you get ( after wearing this a few times, i can't wear liquid foundation anymore, it looks so fake to me). on oily skin its not the best, but better than other foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mmcmsp

This powder is amazing. It gives you the most beatiful silk skin. Goes amazing over the Diorskin Nude foundation and other sheer foundations like MAC Face & Body. I am in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

OMG! This is my HG powder. I can't count how many powders I have tried both loose and pressed and I can't think of one negative thing to say about this.

It does exactly what a powder is supposed to do. It matches my skin perfectly, it is glowy and dewy looking and it does not oxidize at all on my face.

I love the jar because it fits perfectly in my make up box (I don't carry make up around with me--- that is just junior high to me). And I don't think that it is too small at all, I think it is perfect. I use either a kabuki brush or a regular powder brush and both of mine fit perfectly into the lid (where I pour the powder) and I can swirl just fine.

I have never heard of anyone using plain powder on their face without anything under it, so if you don't like it or you are looking for more "coverage" then might I suggest getting a liquid/cream/gel foundation or even a tinted moisturizer to use under the power first. That might help. I don't use powder for "coverage", I use it to "set" my foundation even though my foundation doesn't need setting, I just like the feel of it.

As far as price is concerned, that really isn't a factor for me. I'm willing to spend up to $100 on good make up, so this is a good deal in my opinion. I mean I only buy make up twice a year. And yes this does last that long. I use lighter in the winter months and darker shades when I have a tan in the summer months. If you are running out before then, either your face is huge, or you are using too much/too often or maybe your application techniques aren't the best and you end up wasting a lot. Get a professional to show you how to apply. It will save you in the long run.

Oh yeah and most importantly, this doesn't cause my pores to clog or cause any reaction to my skin at all which is fantastic because I have really sensitive skin and can't use cheap, crappy products.

I will never buy anything else ever again. I hope everyone else has the same good experience. But of course everyone's skin and preferences are different. Good Luck.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by rtaylor01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing smooth finish. Wish it lasted longer. Love it so much but it is more expensive than gold .
For me to spend that much, again, this product needs to also do my taxes and trim the hedges in the yard.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No