October 31, 2014 | 845 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - Underground 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

***Click "Continued" to see photos***

UD's website describes this as "metallic taupe". It's a very true taupe, meaning equal parts brown & grey, in turn meaning it could work on warm or cool toned ladies equally well. Very subtle, low-key, yet sophisticated shade for a neutral look.

Setting time is about 15 seconds, meaning right after application, you have time to clean off the edges with a Q-tip, but once it sets, this will prove challenging so stay focused while using this, it means business! No smudging or fading all day, in fact it takes about half a minute of rubbing with oil-based makeup remover for me to get this off.

Due to the softness of the pencil, the tip dulls quicky and requires frequent sharpening, meaning more wasted product but it's a small con for a beautiful shade and crazy long-wear.

Below are swatches compared to other neutral 24/7 liners, under 2 different angles of lighting.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This is my other favorite go-to color (along with Mushroom) from UD when I want a natural, less harsh look. While Mushroom is cool in tone, Underground is a warmer shimmery taupe shade. It's a great neutral shade that is not flat, dull, or overloaded with the signature UD glitter. Once the eyeliner sets (after applying, you have about a minute to play with it), it's almost bulletproof. However, I've never worn it on the waterline so I can't attest to how long it stays there.

Only complaint about this eyeliner--about all of UD's pencils, actually--is that the formula is so soft and creamy, you can not get a sharp point even with Grindhouse...because of that, it's difficult to draw a fine line. I find that popping the pencils in the freezer for a bit to harden does help, but come on--who has time to do that every day?

This shade is a solid 5 lippies, no question. It's another shade that I'd love to see in the liquid eyeliner version; Smog comes close but unlike this color, Smog has undertones of green. Underground needs to go liquid!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, the color is gorgeous, yes. But the thing breaks every single time I sharpen it! I know it's not my sharpener becuase I use it on other pencils without a problem, including other UD pencils. I also saw a small what looked like air hole where product was missing once when I sharpened it. Horrible quality here!! What the heck?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After I didnt get any irritation from Urban Decay Rockstar I decided its time for new one! Initially I thought this colour will be more dark but its more gold and shimmery but still noticeable.
It looks beautiful with brown smoky or even with just very subtle eye. Very versatile.

The quality is the same, soft and easy to glide on pen. It doesnt dissapear or smudge and it doesnt irritate my eyes. I hate to sharpen it because I feel that Im wasting a product but that the only minus.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by czechgirl01

Fantastic colour. I was worried it would be too bronze when I saw the packaging, however, it is a lovely brown-taupey shade that flatters my dark brown eyes. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by niteamor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I repurchased this pencil for more than 4 times and I still love it. The color is a taupey brown and it looks lovely against my warm skin. It is perfect for lazy makeup days where you can define your eyes only with this pencil. It doesnt look too done or too made up.
My only complaint is that it jut doesnt last very long. It is a very lovely consistency to work with - very creamy- but usually disappears after 2-3 hours on my oily eyelids without a primer underneath it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

This colour is really really lovely. It would definitely compliment the majority of skin tones and complexions. I was torn between this and stash. The reason I took off one lipstick is because I find that it is just a little too light for me. I usually line my eyes underneath with dark brown or black do this colour is just a little too light on my lash line. It would be perfect for those who line their lower waterline and use this underneath the eyes to line however as I already have small eyes-lining my waterline does not work for me! Other han that I would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ALStephens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a bit unsure about this bronzy-taupe eyeliner; I thought it would be too cool or neutral (has some silver shimmer) to flatter my pale skin and warm brown hair/eyes. But it is surprisingly complementary and I find myself using it often; also, it is highly pigmented and long-wearing. I have no complaints about the product itself, and I will most likely continue to purchase.

My only complaint is regarding how expensive this is. And this considered, it would be easier to stomach the price if the packaging were a twist-up tube. Sharpening this pencil wastes more of the expensive product. Still, I'm pleased with the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by mcmxcii

The other reviews have described this liner's colour perfectly. Just wanted to share that I used to be terrified of lining my lower lashline for fear it would be OTT or smudge like crazy. After seeing a certain famous blogger recommend this, and since UD's pencils are famous, I thought I'd give it a try. The colour is just right to accent my eyes but not be OTT for the office environment I work in. I now use this part of my daily MU routine and am on my second one. To prevent smudging, I use a liner brush to remove excess product after application. Sometimes if I have time, I also go over the liner with a little eyeshadow (Bobbi Brown Burnt Sugar or UD Smog) for extra pop plus lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a huge fan of brown eyeliners but I love this one. It doesn't make me look tired like some browns do. With my super pale complexion and light eyes/hair I can look crazy fatigued if I wear brown anywhere near my eyes. This color is flattering though and I like the light-medium tone. It looks like I'm not adding too much or trying too hard when I wear it. Just a little something to perk up my eyes. I think everyone else described the color well enough... it does look like a shimmery mushroom-taupe to me.

Smooth, creamy texture that I actually like applying. It wears all day without any smudging, transfer, or smearing but it does come off easily enough with my regular facial cleanser.

I have maybe six or seven of these and I love all of them. But I go through this one faster than the others. Great color!