Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe Black Royale

3.6

on 12/30/2011 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is fantastic! Great volume, length and the slight shimmer in is very pretty. Didn't flake on me. I am glad this mascara doesn't scream BLUE, and it's extremely subtle, so it makes eyes look fresh. Brilliant.

I love this mascara! I used this in the begining and then i wanted to see if there was anything even better. But no. I have tried one other mascara and it was so bad so i am going back and getting this one again.

on 7/16/2011 1:29:00 PM

This has been the only mascara that I've bought more than once. I really like it, though it does flake sometimes. I use it every day. I was using the waterproof, which does not flake off, but I'd rather have an easier removal and deal with a bit of flaking.

I think one of the biggest reasons I keep buying it is because it is locally available and relatively inexpensive. I've tried some luxury lines (Chanel, etc.) which don't give the volume that this does, but this is definitely a cheaper mascara and I would agree with the previous comments about it drying out. For me, I seem to go through tubes a lot faster because of this, but because it is a drugstore mascara, I don't mind I do think I'm going to search for a bit higher end mascara that is a little bit more conditioning. But overall, this is my go-to mascara, especially when I'm wearing false lashes for my burlesque shows. It is really great.

on 3/31/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

One of the worst mascara's I've ever used! Dried out very quickly and I had my lid on tight so I don't really understand. So since it dried I was left with flaky, crispy nastiness.

on 3/10/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like the finished look of this mascara. It never clumps on me, and the tiny amount of blue tinged sparkle is so pretty. At first, I found the fat rubber spiked brush a little odd. I quickly got used to it though and now prefer it to the usual thin bushy brushes that most mascara wands have. I also like that the handle itself is a little chunky, making it easier to grip. My only gripe is that the formula is a little on the dry side, and I find I have to apply a little more pressure to get it to grip and then glide up my lashes. I will definitely buy again, and perhaps even try the other shades in the luxe line.

on 2/9/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I really love this mascara. I have really thin lashes and this product helped make them appear fuller and longer, and it lasts all day. The only problem with this mascara is that it flakes a little bit, but so much that it's a problem for me. I would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hmmmmm it is a good mascara. The blue is more of a navy blue black. There are many tiny shimmers. Its very pretty but subtle. If you put on 3 coats your eyelashes look AMAZING!!! It givers you alot of volume and length. The blue and shimmer can be seen in certain light. Overall, this mascara gives you pretty lashes with a bit of color.

on 6/15/2010 9:41:00 PM

I have retired all my black/very black mascaras for this item and I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. Overall, I had no issues with application. I was hoping it would not be a "sparkly" mascara and I understand the purpose of a highlight in a mascara, because it brightens the look without appearing shiny or glittery. Big plus! I think the particles also lend to the lengthening and thickening power of this. I have wanted a "grainge" color mascara to match most of the taupe, mousy brown eye colors I wear for business and this is neither brown nor black nor grey. I think the color is very flattering, believable, although not for the drama-look seekers. I'd buy this product often and I wouldn't be surprised if this shade and/or formula were discontinued, so I plan to stock up .

This stuff didn't clump and it made my lashes really flirty looking. I love the hot pink bottle too. Very cute :)

I love the orange Lash Blast, I really do, but this stuff.....ugh. The shimmer is only seen in a mirror up close, and that's only if you have the right lighting! I got this in just a regular black (don't recall the name) and the formula clumps like crazy! I remember thinking, "Is this seriously a form of Lash Blast???!!!" To say that this maks my eyes look like huge deformed tarantulas would be an insult to spiders everywhere. Please get the original formula instead, for something you won't regret. The packaging I gave a 4, because the pink tube is so cute! But it is still a Lash Blast proto-type, so the grip is chunky and unwieldy.