April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - Eyeshadow duos

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a free sample (paper sample) of a duo in Retro Glam - a purple lid/crease shade and a light pinky-purple highlighter shade. For free? I have no issues, but the texture and pigment - even in sample format - seem to indicate cheap, talc-y, shadow with average at best color payoff.

I would not spend money on this - but for free? I gave it a shot.
I like Lorac, Beauticontrol and Sue Devitt's shadows better (and they cost more).

Recently also bought a Mark (by Avon) shadow trio and that was a bit better but I think I will not buy avon/mark make-up very much,

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by xtina101

Looks really nice in the package once on its another story.Avon's eyeshadow's are a horrible quality they look and feel like dust.No pigments at all the colors fade real quick this will be the last time I purchase any of Avon's eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by sfb333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

avons eyeshadows are long lasting and stay on well all day pigmentation is pretty decent also :)
not to shabbbyyyyy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

Avon eyeshadows...what can I say. First the pro, dirt cheap. Now the cons, looks and feels like dirt. Ya...those are kinda unforgivable cons there. I bought the vintage violets quad. Its got a dry crumbly dustlike texture. Goes on terribly, No color payoff, looks like a week old black eye that's begining to fade. Sucks, gave it to my child to do art projects...then I worried about the ingredients and it ended up rolling around in my trunk for the better part of a year. Then I cleaned out my trunk and wondere, hey...what's this piece of crap doing in here, and into the trash it went. I love MARK but no more Avon eyeshadows for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by princess89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i got the smokey eyes quad! I LOVE IT!!! carnt think of anything wrong with it its just perfect! can mix quite a few colours up with it!!! for the price aswell its a bargin!!! lasts allday and makes my blue eyes stand out!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Troll_Alert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very good selection of colors but the only thing is they do not stay on at all 2 they are hard to even get any on your eyes and I hate that! Avon yet has come out with an eyeshadow that last or is easy to apply!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Very pigmented and cute containers. Glides on and lasts all day. Fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by purplegirl62

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a few of these eyeshadows duos-a gray one, a pink one, and a violet one. The pigmentation is pretty good, and they blend nicely, but my main problem is creasing-it started to crease after just 3-4 hours, and I don't even have oily eyelids! MAC has become my new favorite for e/s because they almost last all day. However, these aren't bad for the price, if you don't mind the occasional reapplication.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by KC6111

I own a few of the eyeshadow duos and I really like them. I have the rich mauve duo, the natural light duo, and the natural medium duo. They seem to stay put and blend with ease. I also love the price. I only gave it 4 out of 5 because Im not fond of the applicators, but I haven't really found an inexpensive eyeshadow with an applicator that I do like yet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by LaGitana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own about four of these duos: French Riviera (neon green/light blue), Tropics (light taupe/aubergine), Minty Floral (mint and light green) and Rich Cinnabar (champagne and burnt copper). Some of them I like (Cinnabar and Minty Floral) and the others I don't have much use for them because they don't seem to show up on me. The colors tend to be a little "bland" as described by others, and I have a hard time piling them on. The price is relatively cheap but since the quality of the product is questionable I can't really recommend spending money on them. If you are looking for intense color you might wanna try a department store brand.