December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale for a couple of bucks. I figured I didn't have much to lose trying it. I have it in 100 Ivory which is still too dark and orangy for my cool fair skin. Not only that it oxidizes quickly and badly. The scent was odd and a bit off so I'm thinking it was old and that's probably why it was on sale. It provides medium coverage. Either way with the color and scent, it is not something I'm gonna use.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by KayneSays

I hattte this product.

I bought a four pack from ebay as a cheap solution im still using the first tube and i despise it, it has a terrible grey undertone that oxidizes and it dries before i can blend.

Terrible coverage and terrible longevity.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by shaaralee

This was purchased from a local supermarket at the last minute before an event because I had run out of my favourite foundation which I buy online. I can honestly say I detest this product. I applied it onto freshly cleaned and primed skin and this felt like a lather of vege oil. It was difficult to blend and too thick for my liking. After 40 minutes it began to oxidize which is something that really pushes my buttons as my skin is very fair. Oh well, it's shoved somewhere at the bottom of my make-up drawer now, never to be used again...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ila80

This foundation really does keep me matte. That's about the only good thing. The shade I got was a little too dark when applied even though it looked light in the tube. It doesn't cover very well. My dark marks were still visible, even with a couple of coats.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know stuff reacts differently to each person's skin. I have combo, but normal skin in terms of sensitivity. I wore this foundation for ONE day and by then end of the day I had one huge zit on my jawline and one on my temple and several small ones dotted all over my face. The only time/place I get zits is the week before my period and on my chin. Never anywhere else. I know this foundation had to be the culprit because I didn't change anything else in my routine.
As for the foundation itself (before I was aware it was breaking me out) it was just okay. It was hard to blend and I ended up spritzing my foundation brush and sheering it out to get it to blend. It MAY have kept my face shine free for an extra hour, if that. Definitely not anything super earth shattering on that front. It did provide decent coverage, even after I sheered it out.
But I will definitely NOT be repurchasing or even trying this again...not worth it to risk more breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Seyb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the lightest shade as I have a fair skin tone. This foundation looks awful - I look orange and it's really hard to blend so there are smudges and lines everywhere. I think save your money and go for something better!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by proudwelderswife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Junk save your money,dries before you can even get it applied,leaves streaks on your skin,junk junk junk dont waste your money

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Don't buy this product if you are pale. Even the lightest colour is really orange and looks terrible. It is also pretty drying on dry skin. The packaging and price are not bad; I think that this product would be good for someone with a more tanned complexion and combination or oily skin, it just didn't really work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

welll I never really had an issue with acne so I can't really comment on that like if it helped or not.
But the coverage is very sheer. To the point where it looked like I was barely wearing any foundation.
And I can't wear this foundation by itself because its a bit too orange?
So I kinda mix it with another foundation thats a bit too pinkish for me.
The packaging is okay I guess. Okay for traveling since its pretty slick and thin and small.
But thats about it. So yeah wouldn't buy again,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't seem to remember if at one point Walmart had this in my skin tone, or if I just bought the lightest tone that they had and made it work. When I have tried to repurchase, it just seems wayy too dark for me. But! When I did have this product, it was great! I really did "stay matte" I hope I can stumble across a lighter shade soon! I will repurchase.