September 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Prescriptives - Flawless Face Primer Spring09

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this primer everyday for more than a month now. Its texture is quite thick with sparkly effect. It seems to brighten my complexion.Makeup seems to stay on quite well above this primer. However I do not find this extraordinarily different or better than several other primers out there. Anyway, Prescriptives brand is discontinued now...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good primer. Usually without a primer my foundation looks good/non cakey for about 1.5 hours at the most. With this primer it looks good for about 6.5 hours before I have to use my blotting papers - which is very good considering I have very oily skin.

It doesnt make my skin look flawless but it definitely makes my foundation look smoother- my pores arent as visible. It has a little sparkle in it which it nice, it doesnt change the colour or look of my foundation. A really good product overall, I would buy this again but its a shame that the brand no longer exists in the UK.

I also have their custom blend foundation is another excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaholic44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried several different primers and found this one to be the best. Your skin feels like silk and the foundation just glides on over it. This primer doesn't add color nor does it change the color of your face. It's light weight and feels like nothing on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by msmocha30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer was pretty good. About as good as the MAC prep and prime. I have very oily skin and I had a matte finish after I applied my concealer and foundation. I liked the tube because I know I am getting every last drop of primer out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by gina01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Now this is a primer. I cant say its the best cuz theyre are so many others I havent tried, but I know 100% this primer works amazing for me. Increases the life of all my makeup (foundation, powder, blush) which of course means less retouches during the day, in fact i retouch once a day my tzone with powder and thats about it. I also noticed my blush and bronzer don't run down my face anymore. Thankfully the primer is not to thick or silicony so it doesnt feel like im clogging my poors with gunk. And it leaves my skin feeling smooth and even so thats exactly how my makeup goes on !!! The primer appears to have a little sparkle but it doesnt reely show by the time i put my foundation and powder etc on. Def HG too bad the line is getting discontinued so i'll have to find something new.... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

I LOVE THIS PRIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best primer I have EVER bought. Everything about is sensational, and TOOOOOOTALLY worth every single penny you pay for it. I LOVE prescriptives makeup, but they are discontinuing it next month (Jan 2010). I actually cried when I heard this, because Prescriptives is all that I wear. Now I have to go find something else, and it's really difficult for me because I am SO light skinned. :( Buy it while you can, ladies!!!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by WVUjame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best primer that I've used, and I've used quite a few, including multiple kinds of the Smashbox primers and the Fyrinnae Velvet Gel Silica primer for oily skin. This Prescriptives works extremely well for me at keeping my skin matte and helping my makeup to last. The trick, I've learned, is to give it plenty of time to sink into your skin. Easy enough. I just apply about half a pea-sized dollop to my face, and then do my eye makeup. Then, I move on to my face makeup. This works whether I'm using an oil-controlling foundation or a standard oil-free foundation. This is not for dry or even slightly oily skin, however. It does make your face drier. I like that b/c I have very oily skin, but drier skinned ladies will likely get flakey. I would definitely buy this again. In fact, I purchased two backups, and they are literally the first two backups I've ever purchased. I would not call this HG b/c it is not perfect, but it works really really well. It's also slightly cheaper than a lot of other primers, which works for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The store (Holt -Renfrew) was holding a Private Shopping Day, I was getting the Px Mineral Makeup (liquid) and this was a purchase with purchase for $22 (primer + mini kabuki brush).
This is an OK primer, but not enough slip, I think the whole point of the primer, at least for me is to smooth the surface & provide enough slip so the foundation goes on easily without tugging the skin. Well, this primer does not provide the slip, as compared to the same amount of Smashbox primer. Honestly, my Monistat powder-gel does a better job for a fraction the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While this is a good product, I can find primers that do the same job (and better) for less money. I wish I had done my research with other primers before buying this one. I won't be repurchasing...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by troy2sm

Eh.... I usually us Smashbox photo-finish original (which is perfect for combo skin), but I was trying the Prescriptives mineral powder instead of my bare minerals for a more matte look. It was great for 1 week. After the 1st week, my skin became VERY dry. I don't have dry skin to begin with, and with it being summer, I'm shocked at how dry my skin has become, as it's usually more oily with the humidity.

Bad...never again.