August 29, 2014 | 1709 users online

Treatments (Face) - Marie Louise - Restoration Clear Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by winnietan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used many different skincare lines over the years and usually I can't tell the difference between using the products and not using them. I spent many years just using a wet washcloth to wipe my face at the end of the day. Then I tried Marie Louise Cosmetics last year. I could tell the difference AS I was trying each product! People are always wondering why Asian people look so young, this is probably the secret!!! :)

My favorite is the Restoration Clear Gel. I love being able to see the dirt and junk being lifted out of my skin. And after rinsing my face, it feels softer immediately. I wish I could use it everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to try this for free and wow! At first I thought, you know this is too expensive and when I saw the texture (a thick liquid) I was really doubtfull it would work. But oh my, follow the instructions and you are left with very even textured skin. No bad reactions from my skin, which is a little sensitive. I love products like St. Ives, but this one gives a new meaning to "non-abrasive exfoliant".

Marie Louise list the ingredients on its website. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by peachy625

I really love how ML products has little to no fragrance, because fragrance is the leading cause of allergic reactions in cosmetics. My favorite product is definitely the restoration clear gel. It makes my skin feel super soft and smooth every time. I am not a big fan on cosmetics in general because it's often filled with chemicals and for the most part it does little to nothing for my skin. But ever since I tried the ML products I was immediately hooked because of its quality as well as great results!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by buji616

Skincare is like food to me: it's something I take very, very seriously. I can honestly say that Marie Louise's Restoration Clear Gel is the best exfoliation product I've ever used, and I've tried many different brands. Also noteworthy of mention is their Moistraiser a-VC moisturizing toner. On warm summer days, I just use the toner and go straight to sunscreen, skipping lotion altogether because the toner does such a good job!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by kailiwang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using skincare products since my early teens, I have tried different products from various countries...mainly from US, Japan and Europe. I got the opportunity to sample Marie Louise's product a couple days following a day out in the sun. My face started to peel since I didn't reapply enough sun screen. I started the face rescuing process with the Moistraiser a-VC toner (no alcohol, odorless) and the cream (not greasy and very hydrating) to re-hydrate. A few days later, I used the Restoration Clear Gel to remove the dead skin cells... It's the first time i've ever tried a gel type exfoliant. I thought I had used the wrong product b/c there was no little particles to do the exfoliating... but as i tried to rub it off, i started to feel these residues rolling off my face.... Few minutes later, my skin feels softer and smoother than ever!! The gel is odorless, and super smooth. It's an exfoliant without the scrubbing!! Amazing product! I can't wait to finish using what I've got and get this product ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by aefloyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! I must admit that I was a bit skeptical about trying something other than a cleanser and moisturizer, but the Marie Louise Restoration Clear Gel is a must have! When I rubbed this product onto my face, I was surprised that I could actually feel the dead skin coming off. I had a baby last year and I have been plagued with skin that is rough, dry and flaky ever since. No matter how much scrubbing I did, it still remained rough. I was convinced that this would return within a few days of using the Marie Louise Restoration Clear Gel, but it didn't. After using the Marie Louise Restoration Clear Gel, I no longer have patches of flaky skin on my face. I am thrilled that I only need to use this 1-2 times per week to keep those flakes away. I am definitely going to make this a part of my skin care regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by cfparlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always paid a lot of attention to my skin, especially since my mom always told me to never skimp when it comes to taking care of my face. I've been using the same routine for at least the last 13 years, and I never ventured far from my routine because it seemed to keep me from ever having to go through a true breakout or teenage acne skin. But it seems as I approach the big 3-0, the texture and quality of my skin has started to change and I seem to require even more moisturizing than I did before. After trying the Marie Louise Cosmetics skin care line, I've found a new routine! My absolute favorite product is the Restoration Clear Gel. When I first squeezed it out of the tube, I thought... how is this going to exfoliate dead skin cells without the typical granules/beads you find in every other exfoliation treatment? Less than 10 seconds later, I was a believer. Dead skin cells were flaking off like eraser bits and it didn't irritate my skin AT ALL. I didn't even have the slightest pink tinge to my skin from the fast acting exfoliation. I've never used a product like this where you ACTUALLY feel the dead skin cells coming off onto your finger tips! It was absolutely amazing and now, all the other exfoliators I have under my bathroom sink feel like fakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by SofeYG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just likethe reviewer before I struggle with acne-prone skin and have been on anything from Ram, Taz, Differin.... I recently switched my beauty routing after discovering this line. And have tried many lines (Exflikate, Dermadoctor) but felt it didn't give me the exfoliation I was looking for. This product is perfect, I see the dead skin rolling off my face, unclogging my pores. It is a bit pricey but no more than most products out there. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

This is by far my favorite product in the Marie Louise line. It's a non-abrasive exfoliating gel which is 100% effective in getting rid of dead skin cells. I use RAM and my skin is constantly flaking. Using a washcloth can be too harsh on my skin sometimes and it will still leave some flakies. But this gel gets rid of all my flakies w/o causing my skin to be red or sensitive. And you can definitely feel your dead skin cells coming loose under your fingers. The products in this skin care line are all very high quality. If I had to forego everything else, I would still fork over the money for the exfoliating gel!
Can be found at marielouisecosmetics.com.