October 26, 2014 | 1070 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - pointed liner eyeliner brush # 17

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The #17 pointed brush is thin but firm. It makes a thin line or with more strokes you can easily fatten it up. I dip it into the pot of my felt tip eyeliners as I hate those unmanageable felt tips. This little eye liner brush has rescued many a bottle of eyeliner previously judged unusable because of its rotten felt tip. It seems to be available only at the Sephora website, not in stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by HelloDear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is awesome! I can draw my eyeliner really precise with this. It has a good quality. I've had my brush for about a year now and it's still in great shape!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Maybe this brush just isn't intended for use with my eyeliner of choice, loose powder + sealer, since I didn't get great results with it.

I got #17 to replace my worn-out MAC 210, which I'd used happily for years.

The Sephora #17 iseven finer than the MAC 210, and I like that quality. But it's also softer, which, at least for me, makes the #17 more difficult to control. It also doesn't seem to give me a nice dense line, like the MAC 210 does. I don't think it picks up as much product. It also seems to be sort of blunt at the tip, and not tapered, like the 310.

The #17 is not a bad brush; I may find other uses for it. But I'll look elsewhere for a 310 stand-in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

All my brushes used to be MAC or artist brushes, until I took a chance and bought some Sephora brand brushes.

The pointed eyeliner brush #17 is fabulous. Thin bristles yet nice and firm. I can get a super thin cat's eye look or apply more liner and get a thicker line I can then smudge with eyeshadow.

This is the first liner brush I have found that is firm enough to apply power shadow as liner and give a very precise line. Dry powder always tends to smudge and get too thick. But not with this brush.

This is a great quality brush for a fairly small price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by gbstang11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use with my Stila Smudge Pot and I have to say it's a fantastic brush! My eyes are on the smaller side so I have to be very precise to not get too thick of a line. This brush does the trick! Well worth the $11. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by chloexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this brush! I never use pencil liner and the brush I was using to apply creams and liquid before was much to thick. This brush really allows you to have exact control over how thin or thick the line should be for the look you are creating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I first saw this brush online, but ended up waiting to buy it until I saw it in real life. I adore this brush. I never really used cream eyeliner or a felt tip eyeliner. I'm was just not really into anything besides a brown pencil. I picked up several L'oreal hip cream eyeliners and hated the brushes that came with them. I felt they are too scratchy and def too thick for my liking. So after using this only 1 time I threw the others away. It is so thin and gives the most perfect subtle line. You can get so close to the lashline with the pointed end. And it's perfect for applying to the water line. The price seemed a tad bit high to me, being $11 but obviously not compared to mac brushes. I actually want to buy another, so yes I will def buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by SinisterRouge

This is a really great brush! I had always used pencil or liquid liners but wantedto dry gel and cream liners so I bought this to go with the Buxom Lashliner from BE. FOR $11, I'd say this brush is very inexpensive. I rarely ever make mistakes and when I do it's usually because I'm in a hurry. I can make a nice thin natural line or a thick dramatic line depending on pressure. Cleaning the brush is very easy too and it always goes back to it's shape. I only have one, but will definitely purchase more as my eyeliner color collection increases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by NYC22

After much trial and error with other brushes, I found that this brush makes applying my Smashbox Jet Set Eyeliner a snap. This brush gives me the perfect sized line (not to thick or too thin) and the lines are buildable so I can go over an area until I get it right without it looking too caked on. This brush also gets pretty close to the lashline and is smooth enough to use on the waterline. Cleaning the brush is easy: I mix a little bit of water and Neutrogena facial cleansing bar in my hand and then brush the bristles back and forth until they are clean.

A tip for application that I learned from a friend: rather than using the tip of the pointed brush to line your eyes, hold the brush at a slant so that you drag the sides of the bristles along your lashline. This allows for a more stable movement and a consistent line. Just be sure to curve the movement of the brush along with the curve of your eye so that the line follows your natural shape and isn't too straight and artificial looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have little tremors in my hands sometimes and this is the only brush that I can easily use to get the liner in all the right places.
It is pretty sturdy and last for quite a long time.
So happy not to make many application mistakes!
If you like liner on your undereye, you will not believe how easy this is to apply!
Wonderful product to use with gel or cream liners!
I like to have a couple on hand because I fear they will be discontinued.