October 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Liquid - Korres - Wild Rose Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

its been a long time since i owned this but from what i can remember, it was a decent foundation but turned me into an oily mess really quickly. the shades were pretty dark too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by geelageela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I bought shade WRF3 and as soon as I first opened the bottle I thought "oh no waaaaaaay too orange!". However, I applied it to my face with a Real Techniques buffing brush and the shade was perfect! I would suggest this foundation for people with more tan complexions or yellow/olive undertones like my skin. Not sure about the lighter shades but my shade is definitely not for very pale skin or people with pink undertones. When I first applied this foundation, I used way too much product, trust me - a little goes a very long way - and it looked slightly too orangey/dark. However, I always apply a light layer to my skin now which is absolutely perfect. This gives it a medium coverage which I personally really like, as I feel like full coverage is too much for my skin as I rarely have breakouts to cover up. Building up layers of this foundation on your face may not look right as I can imagine it looking cakey. This foundation is so light and makes you feel like you're wearing nothing on your face and also gives it a very healthy, glowing and dewy finish which is perfect for my dry skin! Love this! Will definitely rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

A few years ago, this was my favorite foundation. I had received a sample from Sephora and I loved it so much I immediately bought the full sized bottle.This foundation was so easy to use and always made me look flawless. It provided medium coverage, which could be easily built up to full coverage.I have some acne, so I liked that this could cover up spots and I wouldn't need a separate concealer. Also, I liked the finish of this -- very natural. It wasn't too dewy or too matte and it seemed perfect for my combination skin. The foundation has a light, rosy scent that I really liked, but I can see a lot of others disliking it, The packaging was also very sturdy, which I appreciated.
The only bad thing about this foundation is that the colors did run slightly orange. I'm about an NW20, and even the lightest shade for me was too dark unless I had a tan, so this was strictly a summer foundation for me, though I would have liked to have been able to wear it year round.
I think this foundation is no longer available, which is a bummer. I recently wanted to buy another bottle and I can't find it anywhere in stores or online. But if you somehow manage to get your hands on this try it out! It really is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG foundation. I usually wear WRF1. This ranks right up there in quality with my Nars Sheer Glow and Make Up For Ever HD. All three of these are my favorite foundations ever... this gives me an amazing healthy glow, covers all imperfections, looks natural, lasts, and oh it smells AMAZING lol. I also love that it comes with a little shaker ball inside to help keep the product from settling. I love it!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a similar experience to the reviewer below. I was looking for something new for the winter since I am ALWAYS the lightest shade of any brand. The MUA at Sephora recommended this Korres foundation because I told her I was looking for a more matte look, with maybe a slight glow but NOT a shimmer/shine. She put a little on my chin and it seemed to match and look okay under the blaring fluorescent light they have on either side of the makeup chair mirrors. I bought the extremely small $32 bottle which she convinced me was worth it. The next day, I prepped, primed, concealed and then applied. To my horror, I looked in the mirror after it dried and saw my face was totally orange (complete with that lovely division line at the jaw.) Not to mention, this foundation does give quite the dewy look, and without powder it just looks like an oil slick. I was mortified and had to start over on my face routine. I returned it the next day to the same snotty woman. Ugh, Korres is a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pwincessmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say I have been using this product for over a year and I really like it. I have dry skin and this comes on really smoothly on my face. It is a natural product so you do have to shake the product and I did forget that here and there but nothing happened. I would definitely buy this product again. The only thing is I kinda wish that the contained wheat germ.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the worst foundation I have ever tried. I bought in the lightest color and it was ORANGE. Not an orange tint to it, just flat out Orange. The smell of it is horrific. It's strong and gave me a headache. The foundation consistency was really watery even after I shook it up. This product was terrible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpMarie

Packaging : Nice and sleek bottle has a little ball inside, so when you shake it, its really mixing the product for you. A pump would be nice but not as important as whatís inside.
Read "Application" below for technique I found best used.

Information and Ingredients: The company KORRES happily displays all ingredients they use, easy to find on there website. And included on packaging. FDA does not regulate Cosmetics so do your research, you might be surprised by what big name brand cosmetics make it near impossible to find out what actually is going on your face. We should all have the right to know. Thank you KORRES for honesty and transparency in your ingredients. Comes with a expiration date on the bottom. Makeup should be fresh! I agree to that!

Liquid Foundation: is Medium to Full Coverage. Smooth liquid consistency. Very light sweet rosy smell when first applied, then fades shortly after application. Already contains a SPF of 20, which is important because I donít like putting layer after layer of product on my face. This saves me a step. Color is just a perfect match for me. I wear WRF2 its spot on. Last all day, when they say lasting foundation, they really mean it. Its great for someone thatís busy. You donít need to touch up, I looked flawless when I applied it and flawless when I took it off. AMAZING! I feel like Iím feeding my skin because this foundation contains so many good for u ingredients.

Application: Using clean hands and clean face I gently shake the bottle, then twist off the cap. Using my ring finger I cover the bottle opening turn it upside down really quick and I dab few dots all over my face as needed. (note: you donít need to pour out more product than you need if you use this technique) I use my Cover FX 160 brush and blend using small circular motion. I set with a very light dusting of wild rose pressed powder using a soft kabuki brush.

This is my Holy Grail foundation I will be stocking up. I am in love and I hope this helped if your thinking about trying it. Do it its Amazing!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jbow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews on this foundation, and how it works better with yellow undertones (which I have), I finally decided to try this product in WRF3. It was frighteningly yellowy orange when putting it on for the first time, but it eventually changes into your skin color. The great thing is that it is buildable, so you can layer on until you're happy and not feel like you have layers of makeup on your face. The finish is great - my skin looks brighter and healthy, especially in the winter when it tends to get dry and dull. It is easier to use your fingers to do this. Some have complained about the packaging, but I actually like the bottle because I can control how much comes out of it - versus the pump, where if you pump out too much, you can't put it back in. The price is reasonable too - I also use Lavera and 100% Pure liquid makeup and the Korres is comparable in price. I use Korres Vitamin E primer with the Wild Rose Foundation - the key is to use the primer otherwise it will likely melt off in a few hours. Overall, a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by thebreezyboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

***UPDATE***
I returned wrf3 for wrf2! Its crazy how dark they run but pshff who cares???? (Shocked im a 2 bc im not pale! at all!) This foundation is INCREDIBLEEEEEE! Best I have EVER used. I tried more dept store brands than I can even count! This BLOWS them all away!

It incredibly long lasting without being drying! And gives a luminous look! Also it does NOT irritate my highly sensitive skin!!!!

I use a the stippling method and brush to apply! (it didnt blend well with fingers). The look is FLAWLESSSSS!

I also LOVE the bottle! There is a mixing ball in it so you can easily shake the bottle and mix it!

For reference I have light/medium skin with yello undertones.
I wear mufe hd in 127
med. beige in BE. (highly allergic to BE)
MAC nc-25-30

wrf3 is too dark and does oxidize with orange undertones on my skin.