October 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Long-Lasting Deodorant Lemongrass

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by MiniCanvas

My first deodorant more on the natural side and its cruelty free. I was so excited to buy this. Unfortunately it did not do much. I actually feel like some days I smell bad, like I would smell better without it. I was prettttty sad.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to like this. I like other Tom's products and thought this might be as good as the other products are. But the cold fact is I sweat too much for it to be effective. I don't have the rash/welts/breakout issues that other reviewers have had, but this deodorant doesn't (a) deodorize or (b) anti-perspirize (sorry - that's not even a word, but y'all know what I mean). It does leave a funky B.O.-kinda smell after a while, which other reviewers have noted.

Serious disappointment. I love ya, Tom, but this stuff doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The biggest issue are the welts the product created for me under my arms that resulted in a sunburn like peel. Concerning for one, and slightly embarrassing for another.

I'm hoping my body will adjust to the product but if this continues I don't see myself repurchasing.

The biggest reason it gets 2 lippies is product vs cost. You have to re-apply multiple times a day, on top of that a soft formula which gets used quickly, and often at $5 or more a pop I don't see myself re-purchasing Tom's of Maine lemongrass deodorant. While the skin irritation is inconvenient, the cost for red welts under my arms feels like insult to injury.

Still not giving up on finding a more dependable and cost effective natural deodorant.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

While this lasts longer than most of the natural deodorants I tried, it didn't hold up in the end. It smells nice and it doesn't irritate my skin. It couldn't mask my odor even though I didn't do anything extreme. I was lying around at home although I do have to make note that I have extremely bad body odor.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After an unpleasant experience with tom's calendula stick a few years ago I've stayed away from these deodorants, but a few weeks ago I was given the lemongrass deodorant. It smelled so great in the tube, and I thought I might just have had bad luck with the calendula, so I gave it a try. And it blew me away. After one application I was lemongrass fresh for over 24 hours. Not a hint of b.o. or the scent "turning" on my skin like some do. Unfortunately, after applying it the 2nd time - trouble began. I was itchy, red, and a rash was clearly brewing. I had to go without any deodorant for a week for the reaction to calm down. So, this is one of few aluminium-free deodorants that works beautifully on me, but I won't risk it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first day I used this, I was impressed with the scent, much like lemongrass, very fresh/sweet. It glided on well, but felt wet for a few minutes (longer than expected), & I felt like it travelled down my arms, which I found odd. Once it dried, I didn't notice it really. I would like to mention that it is winter/cold, I am not a sweaty or odorous person and I did not work out on this day. By evening time, my shirt smelled sour. I never felt wet, but it did not prevent odor, and I would say that this product made me smell more than if I had used nothing at all. Terrible.

The next day, I tried it again, thinking maybe something was off the previous day. I applied it and within 2 minutes, I had a very painful burning rash. I had to immediately wash it off to relieve the pain. The rash took a day to disappear. I am shocked. I always thought of this brand as quality natural products. This was NOT a quality product. It was ineffective, unpleasant, and problem-causing. I would suggest to avoid altogether. Terrible!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lilacpriest

I was using Nature's Gate deodorant and ran out. NG was gentle on my skin, and it was effective for the day; however, I definitely could use a second application in the evening. NG seems to be harder to find these days, so I settled on Tom's. Within a few days of using Tom's, my skin started to turn darker, flaky and itch. I've never had that happen before with any deodorant and/or antiperspirant. I stopped using it, and the discoloration and rash went away. Tom's went right in the trash. After reading some other reviews on MUA, I see that I'm not the only one that got the rash. I've just bought Arm & Hammer's Essentials/Fresh Scent, so we'll see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a natural deoderant, for all the people who can't get enough of organic products, this is the best. For those who don't know, most deorderants have antiperspirant in it aka, little shards of aluminum to clog your pours so you don't smell when you sweat. This is why deoderant is believed to be linked to cancer and alzeimers, fyi. When using this product, you most likely are going to smell fresh for a few hours then if youre like me, stink like hell. I love this deorderant because of its all natural and has no antiperspirant. So, I carried around my stick of Tom's and when I felt I needed to reapply I did so. Yes it was wet for a minute and must be dried before putting on clothes and eventually re-applied, but if it is linked to cancer I think it is better to be a little smelly than take a risk.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ca806

Leaves white residue, does not prevent odour at all, and left me with a rash all over my armpits :/ plus it was pricey! no luck with Tom's deodorants.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so happy I found this deodorant! I love it! It provides great deodorant protection - no smelly days! Also, once I put it on, it feels a little wet for maybe 2 minutes, but then it is dry and when I put on my clothes there are no streaks. It lasts all day for me. I have the "wild lavender" smell and I love it. It's not overpowering, it's very subtle but I can still smell it sometimes throughout the day. The price is not very high either. I would definitely recommend this to my friends, and to you! :)