July 22, 2014 | 2390 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - GEL ÉCLAT Clarifying Cleanser Pearly Foam

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by nepiokst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I really liked this product. Although it was quite expensive, it ended up being worth the money - it lasts for ages. Mine finished after ~3 years of regular use and one accidental spillage. It lathers up really well, so you need only a tiniest bit (think of whole black pepper size) to make your face squeaky clean. Although this sense of 'clean' feels amazing, and the product itself is very pleasant to use, it wasn't much good for my skin. It's not very gentle, and it makes my oily skin really dry as it strips the skin off all oils, hence the 'squeaky clean' part.
I had some awesome moisturizers back then to undo the drying a bit, but honestly I would recommend looking for a better cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by swedencosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I´ve just started to use this. I was seeking for a cleanser thats not too active...I used another brand before and it contained salicylic acid. My acne prone skin is also sensitive in a way so it easy turns red. I thought this product would be more kind to the skin but my skin reacts by getting blushed afterwards. Even though the product feels good while using it!
Another problem is that my eyes get irritaded- of course I don´t use it in my eyes,- I avoid that area, but for me this product seem to irritate my eyes anyway. The redness doesn´t lasts so I`ve decided to give it a try and see. Maybe my skin gets used with this after a while?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Shireenlouwill

I always used 3 in 1 cleansing wipes ( any brand from the supermarkets) before this and my skin would have breakouts every single week, I put it down to hormones. A family member bought me this and I started using it a month ago and iv had no breakouts since! So gentle, only need very little and it does clean the face very well. My red patches on face are disappearing. Very happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Dippy3103

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was expecting great things of this. I have sensitive skin & this has left my skin feeling tight & itchy. It does feel lovely to use & a little goes a long, long way. This was a GWP which is why I had it. Reverting to my HG cleanser- Liz Earle cleanse & polish

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nicolajayne

This cleanser was recommended to me by the Lancome sales person as a gentle cleanser suitable for my sensitive skin but I don't think this is suitable for sensitive skin at all!

The formula is very creamy and the tiniest amount is needed to froth right up and cover your face. This aspect of the cleanser is great because for a pricey high end product (approx. £24) this would last AGES! BUT...the creamy formula just does NOT rinse off properly and it left my face tight and irritated. In fact, I started getting a dry red mark down each side of my mouth/cheek area and sometimes my skin looked red and rashy. Not attractive and not very comfortable! The bottle actually says it's suitable for sensitive skin but please don't be fooled.

I didn't feel it cleaned my face any more so than any other cleanser I've tried. The product smells nice and feels luxurious (love the packaging too!) but it's just not great on your skin. Perhaps it would work well on someone with normal/oily skin as it's a bit drying.

Not worth a buy at all I'm afraid to report :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

I thought this would work for my combo skin but it dried out my cheeks and t zone and still left the blackheads!
Pros
A little goes a long way
Cons
Leaves a film which is hard to remove even with a toner
Quite a strong smell Lancôme fragrance
Too aggressive for my skin probably better for oily combo skin?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update 20/11/12 - I'm not 100% sure but after 6 weeks of using this I was getting small red clogs on my fore head that wouldn't go away. I've switched back to my HG (Avene Cleanance Gel) and it has cleared. I will try this again after my skin has had a chance to calm, but I'm happy using the Avene and should just try to stick with that. I've changed the rating from a 5 to a 3 and probably won't re purchase this face wash again.
___________________________________________
I received this as a gift and have used it x2 a day for the last 4 weeks. I've hardly made a dent in the tube as it seems to be very concentrated and a little goes a long way. Even though it is expensive I imagine the tude will last a long time. I've started using it with a Japanese tool called a 'Love Bubble' which makes lots of lather and it seems to make it stretch even further. I doesn't clog/irritate my skin and my acne has no come back since using this so I feel very pleased with it. My oily skin feels clean and not dry at all after cleansing. It rinses away well. I love the faint rosey fragrance as well. I'm tempted to buy this again as it suits my skin, but I'm not sure about the price. I'll see how long this tube lasts and then will probably get more with a gwp or ask for it as a gift at Xmas/birthday time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by yulduzm

Nothing special. A little drying too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by fallingashes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a bottle from my boyfriends mother. It made my skin very clean and didn't break me out but I won't buy again cause I don't like spending too much on cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by siennaophellia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My combination-acne prone skin and is quite sensitive, but this product is not harsh at all. Even though it didn't give much help for my acne prone skin, it cleanses well, lather well and not drying my skin at all. So far, this is the best cleanser I ever used!