April 19, 2014 | 1049 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Wise Woman Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by chaumein

I'm not sure if I would buy this again, if I could find a cheaper alternative.

It stings a good bit even when I apply the orbital areas surround my eye only (so I know it's burning the skin not my eye itself). The stinging doesn't last long, but when I first put it on it was alarming. I was expecting red/damaged skin in morning, but it was fine.

In the winter I had a bout of very dry and red skin, including around my eyes. I'm not sure if this product made the situation worse, but it didn't do much to help either.

Now that it's spring/summer, when I get dry patches on my eye, it'll usually be gone by morning if I put this cream on. It's a much lighter (and less gross-feeling) option than using petroleum jelly on my eyelid.

As for my dark circles, they've been reduced some. Can't say definitively whether it was this product or some other face stuff though. I haven't been using it routinely since my winter skin scare.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by misstv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a bit hesitant to try this product - my eyes were only slowly starting to recover from a second flare-up of contact dermatitis caused by eye cream use. But I wanted something rich and nourishing to apply at night to help rehydrate the flaky, red, dry patches of skin at the back corners of my eyes, as well as the sometimes scaly patches just under my brown bone.

After a disastrous experience with Bobbi Brown's Extra Eye Balm (which actually made my expression lines deeper and produced puffy bags under my eyes after the first use), I decided to pick up this little golden bottle on the recommendation of the SA when I was browsing in The Body Shop one afternoon. The SA told me the 28 year old manager of the store used it to manage her dark circles and dryness, and not to think the 'wise woman' label meant it was for mature women only. So I bought it, and boy am I glad I did.

The formula is quite thick and a bit velvety, but not so thick that it is difficult to apply. Like all eye gels/creams, I use a light tapping motion with my ring finger along my ocular bone to apply the cream. A little goes a long way - only half a pump is necessary for both eyes. I read other reviews that complained about the pump getting clogged with dried out cream - if you keep the cap on the bottle there is no problem with the cream drying out. Within a few days of using this cream morning and night, I saw signs of the damage caused by the Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Balm vanishing. Now, after a week, my under-eye area is supple, hydrated and smooth to the touch. I don't think it's done anything for the slight darkness under my eyes, but it certainly hasn't irritated my eyes at all and even my dermatitis dry patches are starting to heal to the point where they are almost invisible.

It's a bit pricey at $40.95 AUD, but considering it out-performed a $105 eye cream and has even healed some dermatitis patches, I'm not going to complain when it comes time for me to buy a new bottle of this wonder cream. Despite the cream not irritating my sensitive eyes, I would still recommend testing this product before buying if you have problems with sensitive or easily irritated skin around your eyes.

Edit: Over enthusiastic use of this cream (3 times per day) resulted in the formation of a few very small, almost un-noticeable mila, so I've had to stop using this cream for the time being. It makes sense - I have oily skin. Now I only use this in very small amounts every other night. My dermatitis dry patches have completely gone now. So whilst I can't use it every night (I swap it with MD Forte's Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream to help treat the milia), I would still re-purchase. This is definitely one of the best rich & hydrating eye creams in it's price range.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was hoping i could go on here and really rave about this product but it was okay i guess. The only time i saw a difference was the day after using it, now im not sure thats just me convincing myself its worked cause i wanted to see something magical over night or it really did work. It changed my dark circles a tiny bit but no dramatic difference (theyre very dark purple bare in mind) it sort of illuminated my under eyes and moisturised them but i didn't see some magical change. I like it as a basic eye cream so id probably repurchase. Didnt help i feel i got ripped off paying £13 for 15ml but on saying this the product does go far. Hopefully in the next few weeks with more continuous use i see more of a change!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not usually one to write reviews, but this product is so good I just had to get off my lazy ass and share! My eyes have always had the tendency to be puffy with dark circles, especially when I wake up. I've tried a lot of different eye creams to combat this (Avene, Estee Lauder, Lancome, H20), but I find that this little unassuming eye cream from Body Shop has performed the best.

I use it morning and evening, patting a small amount all over my eye until it sinks in. The texture is very moisturizing and non-irritating - very important to me as I've tried a few eye creams in the past that has left me with milia :(

After using this for 5 months (still hasn't run out), I can definitely say that my dark undereye circles have reduced and it is effective for getting rid of puffiness. As always, it is not a complete miracle product - eye contour is still not completely dark-circle/puff-free, but it is close enough! Not to mention that it's pricing is reasonable, and its packaging is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Sonne82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just love this eye cream! Luckily I don't have a lot of wrinkles around my eyes (probably because I have oily skin and I also use Emu oil at night), I find it really softens and smoothes out the skin around the eyes and doesn't accentuate any small lines I do have as most gels do. It also reduces puffiness on days when I didn't get enough sleep. This eye cream also doesn't make my foundation peel off, which is a bonus! Have been buying this for at least 4 years and will continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by miranti

I'm 19 and have been told to splurge on 'prevention' product, especially to prevent early wrinkles. Soooo i tried this since i trust Body Shop for their natural and harmless ingredients. I have dark circles anyway and the campaign on its bottle said 'improving dark circles' AND 'help prevent wrinkles'. Pretty much sold at that time.
Well, it's been 2 weeks since the first time i used it, and it's good. Less appearance of dark circles and i can feel more moist on my eyes area.
Oh and i feel my eyes are less puffy! The only thing that turns me down is it kinds of irritating my eye when i put it too close to my eye. It's like i got a burning-feeling although just for a while.
I think this is good for someone who wants to prevent wrinkles, NOT improve/reduce it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What can I say? I love this eye cream for both day and night use. I have dark circles and puffy eyes. Ugh! I was looking for an eye cream that would address these issues as well as hydrate my under eye area. I came across The Body Shop Wise Woman Eye Serum on MUA (where else?!) Now, its not your typical drugstore price. It comes housed in a small bottle (15ml) with a pump for $24. The claim is that they use "cotton" fillers to fill in lines. I love the pump. It squirts outs as much as needed. I hate the ones where it shoots out an unnecessary amount. This one does not do it. Whew. But moving on, this eye cream has some good ingredients such as aloe, olive oil, marula oil, shea butter and witch hazel. I honestly can't say that my dark circles are diminished but I can say my eyes always feel hydrated and just fantastic. I use it in the morning under my concealer and it does wonders. The little crepey lines are slowly disappearing. I have tried other eye creams in the past that would cause slight irritation, milia or swollen eyes. I can say this eye cream does none of those things for me. Also, this little bottle really lasts a loooong time. A little pump is all that I use for both eyes. if you are looking for an eye cream that is deeply nourishing and has contour and lifting and all those benefits, I would not look here. This to me is a very good basic moisturizing eye cream. I would definitely give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by marianty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually cover up my dark under eyes circle with lots and heaaaavy concealer and I still can see it, and the problem with concealer is that it's cakey in the middle of the day, so I thought I really need a good (but affordable) eye cream. I logged on to makeupalley and decided to give wise woman TBS eye cream a try.

I've only been using this for like 5 days, but really, my dark circles under my eyes .. well not really gone.. but really really gone away with just a few dabs of concealer, and the skin around my eyes is really soft! Just moist moist moist!

For me this skin (for now) give more than what I expected

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this eye cream quite consistently over the past 3 or 4 years and while it is no "miracle" product, it definately soothes and moisterizes my eye area and improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles, which is what I'm after. It absorbs quickly, works well under make-up and can be used on the entire eye area (including the eyelid) without irritation. I have had no problem whatsoever with the pump. I am able to dispense the exact amount of product that I want every time I use it. I feel that at $24 this eye cream is a steal! And when you factor in the awesome deals The Body Shop offers a few times a year, you really can't go wrong!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by louisesjkelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not buy the Wise Woman Eye Cream if you are looking for easy to use and value. The packaging forces wastage and it clogs at the opeing, so you end up with big white lumps on your face. I was very dissappointed with this product as hate wastage and found the packaging realy inappropriate given the Body shop philosophy. The pump makes you use more than you need - you cannot control it. It clogs in the dispenser overnight so half of what you pump out is unusable as it sets into a hard lump. You then have to pick the lumps off your face. I feel really ripped off as I have only been able to use half of it and I am upset at the wastage. It goes against why I am a Body Shop customer and I would only try it again if they change the packaging.