September 19, 2014 | 973 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Wise Woman Regenerating Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by joannafthompson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided I wanted to make a change in my night cream. I no longer was satisfied with Philosophy's Hope In A Jar and since I added Retin A to my night routine needed something very moisturizing. I had purchases a Groupon to the Body Shop and decided to try this.
I am half way through my first jar and recently purchased two more on sale. I am very pleased with this night cream. It is highly moisturizing keeping my skin from peeling from Retin A. It has a nice calming scent and doesn't clog my pores. A lot of creams give me white heads but not this. I recommend giving it a try. The Body Shop is always running some promotion making it very affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by creationofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim when the Body Shop was having a 3 for 30 sale. I'm only 22 so I am probably not the intended demographic for this product but I have pretty dry skin so I thought this would be good for winter.

I don't know if it actually firms or does any "regenerating". What I don't like about it is how it just sits on top of my skin, leaving it kind of sticky. It also smells like a nursing home. It's a good thing this is a night cream because I can't imagine walking around with this on all day. It just doesn't feel good.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this line was awesome...until it stopped working for me a month later. It didn't seem to "cure" my dryness anymore. The ingredients are horrible: It contains alcohol...other not so great stuff...and parabens! I expect more from The Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought the trial set at S$ 26+. It consist of 60ml milk cleanser, 60 ml toner, 15ml day cream and 15 ml night cream. I starts to get concern about sagging skin now (32). Was searching for good anti-ageing cream, was considering Estee Lauder, DHC, Sisley, Shiseido and more...... But considering the ingredients vs price, I find all the stuff I was looking at is not good value for money. I have been wanting to get this range for the longest time, some SA suggested I am too young for this range. Finally one day one SA said this will help in my concern, will help to firm up my skin.

I really love this cream smell, texture and firming effect (maybe too soon) but the feel good factor is good. I only use this cream for 3 days and I find has HG protential, would update again for my acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for the past few weeks, I bought it along with some other body shop wise woman products during the 3 for $30 sale, or else I would of never picked this up because of the steep price.

I've been using the night cream after washing my face at night, and also in the day, I am not too picky about the day/night specifications, I have the day one too but haven't opened it yet. I like the texture of this, it is very moisturizing, but light, not irritating, sinks into your skin nicely. Have I seen any regeneration?? I have noticed the acne marks on my chin has been fading quicker as I started using this product, but it might just be in my head and they are healing due to me moisturizing my face more. In any case, I like this product. I have dry skin and this is helping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Night creams and I don't really get together a lot - I usually hate them for some reason or another - too rich, not rich enough, too oily, greasy, perfumed, and mostly, no particular results. I was using Neostrata most recently and that lasted me a long time - used it, but felt really 'meh' about it.

So when I needed a replacement night cream, I sighed and went looking. I don't normally shop the Body Shop, but happened to be in there and they had these new Wise Woman products on 3 FTPO 2. I had a good feeling about these products and I truly have not been disappointed in my experience with any of them.

The night cream feels and works like a nice high end cream, but has an amazing texture. It's a dense, yet lightly whipped white cream that has good slip, spreads easily as it seems to release a water-based botanical onto warm skin. I use a spatula type tool for pots of creams, and I love how I can see the precise little portions taken out of the cream. It never falls.

It has an oh-so subtle natural smell. The results are that I don't notice I'm wearing anything from the time I put it on, to the time I hit the shower in the morning, I look matte and natural in the morning, not saggy or blotchy or slick as some other creams would. It doesn't build up and my skin is stronger, healthier and more balanced. It feels perfectly moisturizing - never any problem with different zones, or feeling like tonight I need more on, or less on. It seems to work with my skin, synergistically. My skin is behaving like I'm doing something good for it. I've always preferred my own natural cosmetics, so this is a great find for me. Highly recommended.

"Darren Praznik, president of the Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (the leading trade association for personal care products in Canada), says the organization is very sensitive to consumer concerns, but that the ingredients used in products are strictly regulated and monitored by Health Canada. “We are satisfied that the regulation process is robust, science-based and protects the consumer.”

Some manufacturers have gone on the record about their long-term plans to find paraben replacements. Jamieson Laboratories, a Canadian firm that makes vitamins, supplements and skin creams, notes that while there is no firm evidence that parabens pose a health risk, it now has five paraben-free products and is working to remove parabens from more of its products, predominantly to satisfy growing consumer demand. “We have not set a specific deadline, but are working aggressively to eliminate parabens in our products,” says Gary Leong, vice-president of scientific and technical affairs for Jamieson. He notes that until effective alternatives are found, more consumers might actually be harmed by microorganisms growing in their products than by the theoretical paraben threat."

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No