July 30, 2014 | 2089 users online

Styling Products - FX Special Effects Silk Drops

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

I got my first bottle of this stuff, and I must say, I'm quite impressed by it. FX Silk Drops come in a bottle that I'm not too fond of. The bottle itself looks like a miniature soap bottle, and the text on it is VERY reminiscent of something from Tigi's Bed Head line, reminiscent to the point that it could be written off as a cheap knockoff and not given a second thought. The bottle's lid also makes it a bit of a mess to use sometimes. The scent, on the other hand, I LOVE. It's a faint bubblegum type smell that gives a really nice, sweet accent to your hair without being overwhelming or incompatible with other scents, which is nice because you don't have to worry about scents clashing if you decide to wear perfume or some other scent. The product itself is amazing. While my hair wasn't totally frizz-free after using this, I did notice quite a bit more frizz control, which can't be said about any other products I've used (I have thick, short, severely damaged, heat treated hair, so I won't expect anything to totally tame my frizz until I can get my hair into better condition.) Fortunately, I didn't purchase this product with the intent of taming frizz. I bought it due to it's claims of softening and glossing the hair, and WOW does it live up to them. As I mentioned earlier, my hair is extremely damaged, and constantly feels rough no matter what I to it. Until I got this, that is. A dime sized drop in my hair after flat ironing turns my dry, untouchable hair into healthy, silky locks that I can't stop touching. What's even better, it has a nice array of healthy vitamins and proteins, and doesn't have any nasty alcohols or drying ingredients (I'm looking at you, Biosilk.)
At 6 bucks for a 4 oz bottle that will last me at LEAST 6 months, you can't go wrong with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Shannon92503

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried many products promising to take away the frizz and this is without a doubt the BEST I have ever used. I am on my 2nd bottle and will NEVER use anything else to eliminate frizz. My hair really does look like SILK when I use it. I used to stear clear of serums or products promising to "take away the frizz" as they always made my hair look greasy and dirty....not the case with this AMAZING product! My hair is extrememly thick, wavy and long (thanks to SoCap extentions) and, like most extentions, frizz is usually a problem at some point. Given how much hair I am working with, I still use very little of this product for amazing, frizz free, "satin like" shiny hair. For most, a dime size amount is plenty, for myself, I use about a nickle's worth (maybe a drop or 2 more). I haven't tried it on wet hair (I plan on trying it soon) but on dry, it's incredible. I don't really notice a scent to this product, which I like. Pricewise, this cannot be beat. I paid around $4-5 for it at my local WalMart, and it lasts a very long time even with daily use. As I stated above, I am on my 2nd bottle of FX Silk Drops, but that it due to poor packaging....which is the only negative thing I have to say about this serum. It comes in a plastic bottle with a pull-up top to squeeze as much out as needed. However, it would be nice if it had a snap on lid or something to "lock" it shut when not in use. In the process of moving around some things in my bathroom cabinet, the bottle was tipped on it's side (note: the top was still pushed down in the "closed" position and twisted on tightly) and the entire bottle leaked everywhere :-( I can't help but think that maybe another snap on lid to put over the pull-up dispenser top would/could eliminate this from happening. Regardless of packaging style, this is my HG of hair serums and I recommend it to anyone looking to eliminate frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by FootSoldier66

Ok this stuff is awesome. I've tried a lot of other silk drop type of things that claim to give my hair shine or make it soft but either it ends up looking oily or greasy or the product does nothing for me... and I haven't just tried drugstore stuff, I've had the same issue with expensive high end things. So I was a bit skeptical about trying this but I am a huge FX fan and the price was right.

I am so happy I gave this shot. I have naturally wavy hair... the waves are so big, they're almost straight. It's also poofy and usually just a big old mess. But I take a shower, towel dry my hair a little, and then scrunch some of this in. Then either I let it air dry or blowdry with a diffuser (i never dry my hair without one anymore) ... and I end up with gorgeous, shiny, soft CURLS. My hair is beautiful and touchable and this makes it all so insanely easy.

Also whether I've already put some in or not, I will put a little dab on the top of my head when it's completely dry... there's something about applying it to dry hair that holds the scent all day. And that's one of my favorite things about this... my husband adores the smell of my hair with this in!

My only complaint is the packaging could be better. I always end up making a mess of it somehow.

But other than that, it makes me hair soooo soft and shiny without being oily and it somehow magically creates curls. I am a happy happy lady!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by HaElJa93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product if you are on a budget and do not want to splurge on more expensive 'silkening' hair products. Be careful not to use too much of this product, as it can create a 'greasy/oily look. Although it's not quite as nice as Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum, it does work and gives you a shiny/healthier look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 6:17:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does exactly what it is supposed to do. It makes your hair silky (but not greasy, which is an important distinction). If you put it on as your styling your hair, followed by a small strategic dab at the end, you'll be set for the day. What I like is that the oil is not excessively watery or run down. Some hair serums tend to be too sticky or too liquified. With Silk Drop you don't have to worry about such non sense.

The packaging is simple. The label itself doesn't have catchy phrases like some other brands, but like I said this product does what it's supposed to do and it does it well. So be a little forgiving that the marketing is average. Your hair will thank you for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by z0mb13fied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This Review is for FX Wild Harvest Hair Silk Drops.

The product comes in a 4 fl. oz. bottle and promises that it 'smoothes frizziness & split ends, glosses hair'. Which it totally lives up to! I have horrible hair, always have. Dry, frizzy, lots of fly-aways. After using this product my hair has become SO much healthier. You only need a small amount (I use more than it says because my hair is very long and thick). I use it every time I get done with my shower, and usually before I do my hair (depending on the current condition). And let me say, WOW. My hair goes from this frizzy nasty mess, to a beautiful shiny mane. I've always had envy for the women in the commercials with the shiny perfect hair, and now on most days, that's MY hair! I have never liked any other product as much as this, and for merely 3-5 dollars (depends on the store) It's definitely worth your money! I swear by this product and I will never use anything else again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Really loving this product right now. I use this with the FX Tangle Out, and my hair has been looking nice lately. This is a clear, not too thick or thin serum. honestly, I've used the Argan Oil which is nice, but this is a little nicer in my opinion. I've also tried some other popular serums, and this is really my favorite, and probably one of the most cheapest! Just helps keep my hair from frizzing up in the humidity and makes it look healthy and maybe a little shinier. I straighten my hair and it helps keep it looking nice. Would certainly buy again. The only peeve I have about this product (but goes with most serums) is that it takes longer for my hair to blow dry...and even when it dries, it still feels a little wet. But that feelign goes away after I've styled.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Nda201

It is the best. I used biosilk and others. This is the best by far, price is right and the smell is awesome.
Tip.. walgreens at times offers it buy one get one free...like this week... go get it... bottle styles/look changed... A great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

I was using Biosilk for a while, but I ran out and I couldn't afford to buy another bottle of it, so I decided to try the Fx Silk Drops instead because it had good reviews on here. I'm glad I did. This stuff works just as well, if not better than Biosilk and it's a lot cheaper, too. The only things that I don't like are the smell and the packaging. The bottle dispenses more product than you need, so you need to be careful when using this.

I now have another bottle of Biosilk thanks to my aunt, so I will use that instead, but if you can't afford Biosilk, buy the Fx Silk Drops.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Idxratherxbexstudying

This stuff is pretty good. In high school I had very wild hair - by the end of the day it looked like a tangled, frizzy mess. But no more! I've been using this stuff for over a year now, and my hair is much softer. More importantly, very little frizz. It doesn't seem to make it shiny or anything, but I'm just happy that it keeps it soft and smooth. You only need to use a dime's worth, so the bottle lasts for aaaages - I've only just repurchased a new one (and that's after a year's use!) Definitely recommend for taming frizzy hair. :)