July 31, 2014 | 1278 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Deep Shade

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by murphy817

This is a very nice shade of dark blue. This has navy/purple hue w/ frost. I didn't know what to use this w/ when I bought it. I'm new to blues and use this in the crease on top of an all over lid color in a bone shade. I like the softness of this color. This is good for people who play it safe w/ color and want to experiement w/ it. I don't feel this e/s has heavy pigment-its a subtle navy. I got this on sale at an outlet and happy w/ my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this one AT FIRST because i couldnt figure out how i was going to wear it. I watched a video on youtube of how to make bigger eyes look smaller...and she used a dark blue like this. Works wonders..looks lovely ALL over and looks lovely in the crease and outer corners...i just liked it alot!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by factorytown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the pan, it's a beautiful deep blue-purple color, but the pigmentation is not very good; I have to really pack it on in order to get meaningful color payoff. It also doesn't have much of a frosty finish on skin, which can be a bad or good thing depending on your preference, but I'd prefer it be more frosty since it's supposed to be a frost. If you missed this from the BBR collection, you didn't miss much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by SQUISITA22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Deep Shade months ago, and was always put off by it for some reason and never used it.. UNTIL RECENTLY! It has become my HG. It's a very matte deep blue (not navy territority) that creates the most amazing looking daytime OR evening time smoky eye. It's especially magnificent on blue eyes.. it gives the extra oomph. I highly recommend this shadow because it's so versatile.. can be paired with any blush shade or lipstick shade as well (preferably nude though). If you're a blue-eyed gal, run to MAC right now and buy this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I must say that I'm disappointed with Deep Shade. I purchased this item online with some other products from the BBR collection. I should have visited a MAC counter or MAC store to test out the eyeshadows from this collection. Deep Shade went on uneven and unfortunately the pigmentation is poor on my GGG, NC44 skin. The colour looked kind of flat. For me it looked like a boring dark navy black shade. I don't think I would want to wear this shade on it's own, and the last time I wore it, I applied Silver Ring on top of it. I love MAC, but I've noticed the quality of their LE eyeshadows have not always been the best quality.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by atsugari

I have contrast and purchased deep shade today. I asked the SA if it was the same as contrast. She said it was more purple. I swatched both of them on my hand and it was a subtle difference but I don't think anyone will notice unless I tell them. Contrast has a blue reflect and Deep shade has a tiny violet reflect. So if I ever run out of contrast I'll purchase deep shade but seeing that's it's a limited edition color, I won't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is a lovely denim blue color perfect in my book for creating a daytime smokey eye look. Today I've paired it with Knight from the same collection and it looks stunning. I didn't think I could create such a beautiful smokey eye with a frost, but it's totally doable. It goes well with any type of blush too. I would recommend getting it.