October 22, 2014 | 891 users online

Eye Shadow - TheBalm - Shady Lady Shadow Liner - Caught in the Act Courtney

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mikaavila94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it as a liner and have yet to use it as a crease color but it's absolutely gorgeous and I don't think I have anything quite like it. The name is adorable and makes you think what that has to do with a deep brown with golden shimmer haha! Got it on 65% off but I wouldn't buy it at its full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by greenelady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this color in a set that I purchased at Marshalls for about 10 bucks. I have never tried TheBalm products before so I did not know what to expect. This color is a dark chocolate brown with gold sparkles and I thought was comparable to the darkest shade in the WNW confort zone Palette.

After using this a couple of times I have come to say that I frickin love this color! It is the perfect crease color for my skin tone. It is not too dark, and is very buildable and blendable. I find myself reaching for this color daily, and it works perfectly with my UD Naked Palettes.

I purchased this WAY cheaper than what it usually retails for, but I would repurchase this at the regular price anyday!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This is a nice dark shimmery brown shadow. I love the name it's so cute haha and the packaging comes with a little mirror so it's pretty convenient. I use it a lot for on my crease and for smokey eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic color for my olive skintone. It's more of a satin finish in a highly wearable dark copper color. I just use this with dark brown in the crease, and it's perfect with black in the outer corner for a smokey eye too. The texture, the pigmentation, the color are all perfect, this is the best eyeshadow I've ever used! I think this is better for mid to dark skin tones though as it looked too much on my friend who has fair skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh this is not pretty! It certainly looks pretty in the pan: rich brown with gold sparkle. And it's pretty pigmented, though the gold sparkle virtually disappeared once it hit my lid. The first problem wih this shade is that it turned muddy instead of pretty, chocolate brown on my lid. It blended fine, but just wasn't the color I was looking for. Maybe I'll try it wet. It's too dark to really use in the crease so I used it smoked out across the lid, starting at the base of the lashes. The second, and biggest, problem with this eyeshadow is that it faded faster than any other shadow I own. Now, granted I have watery eyes (that's why nothing stays on my waterline), but this shadow streaked and faded fast. Literally. I applied it before work, and when I checked the mirror before leaving the house it had faded in the inner and outer corners. It looke blotchy and horrible. I actually ended up throwing the shadow in my bag to touch up at work. And I had to touch up three times. Ridiculous! I hope the other colors aren't like this or I'm off this brand completely. If you really want a chocolate brown with shimmer, try Too Faced Dirt Bag.*EDIT* I forgot to add that I use Urban Decay Primer Potion so this fading eyeshadow is not the result of lack of primer. Also, although I have very oily skin, my eyelids don't tend to be oily. I don't have this problem with any other shadows. On the rare occasion that a shadow fades on me, it usually is at the end of the day, not the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jessybaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really pretty dark brown color. It has a pretty gold shimmer in the pan, but on the skin it's not too glittery. I got this in the Shady Lady palette from Sephora. It was only $38 for 9 full size shadows! I use this in the crease with Shameless Shana on the lid. With a Too Faced base it doesn't crease at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I looove this shadow! It is described as a gold flaked expresso color on the website, and I think this is a good description. It is a dark rich brown with flecks of gold/bronze-y glimmer in it. For those of you who don't like glitter or shimmer, don't worry, none of the glimmer shows up on your eyes. it just disappears somewhere between the pan and your lid, which is fine with me. I use this mostly as a liner as it looks amazing and stays all day. most shadows I use as liners come off or fade significantly by about halfway through the day, but this stuff stays on and perfect from morning til bed time! You can see what I mean if you happen to swipe this at the store...it is hard to get off your hand! haha. I really like it. It is very easily blendable and you can smudge it to soften the line when you use as a liner. I like to wear it on the outer 1/3 of my top lid as a thick liner paired with TheBalm Lucious Lani shadow all over and then a neutral highlighter shade on my browbone. Definitely recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by lovestuck

This is for Caught in the Act Courtney, since i can't add my own product yet.

The color is actually more red and dark than the palette shown on drugstore.com and more like the sephora colors. the shimmers are very subtle, yet accentuates perfectly. i'm always on the search for a perfect dark brown shimmery shadow to do the perfect day-time smokey eye.

The color of this is amazing. it is very pigmented, and once on my eyes, it looked amazing. it's very buildable, so several more swipes of the eyeshadow brush made it darker and more blended with the top part of my eye.

Why just a 4 star? it CREASES! i've tried it with and without my UDPP, and with different eyshadoes, washing and not washing my face beforehand. it creases within 4 hrs. the fix wouldn't be difficult if i had the shadow with me, but who brings their eyeshadow with them to work??

but if you have a lot of patience, or you have eyelids that never get oily, this color is really beautiful and totally worth the buy, but otherwise, only use this when u know it wont' be too noticable.