October 22, 2014 | 1910 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Fat-tastic Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

No good. This stuff dried out my hair, leaving it frizzy and straw-like. I switched back to the Pantene Volume Mousse.

SCENT:
It's a masculine scent, like Axe Body Spray, upon application but it quickly disappates once it's in your hair. I can't smell it after the fact.

PACKAGING:
Appealing and well functioning packaging. A lot of product packed inside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

My HG mousse!!!

I use this in 2 different ways.....My hair is very naturally curly (think spiral curls) and using this on my curls and scrunching them and letting my hair air dry my curls looks full and awesome(this mousse holds my curls and zero frizz!!!

2nd way I use this is when I straighten my hair. After shampooing etc I use a little of this at the roots of my hair,blow dry and then straighten...my hair has AMAZING volume & texture!!!! If I don't use mousse my hair after straighten can look super flat (wich on occasion is fine) but when I want big volume this is my go to product!

*A little goes a long way and the scent to me is sweet and kinda perfumey.

100% repurchase over & over!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the only products that actually makes my baby-fine, thin, flat hair look somewhat thick and voluminous.

The price is good too, the only downside being the smell which I don't like and find it to be way too strong, and that it lingers. But then I'm pretty picky about chemical-y smells.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of volumizing products for my fine hair and this one has probably worked the best. It definitely makes my hair much easier to style and the style lasts much longer. I've only used it to blow dry my hair straight so I'm not sure how it will work when I wear my hair wavy. However, I use a ton of it and my hair is not sticky at all, it feels very soft. I really like the scent but maybe I'm just weird, either way the scent doesn't linger long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale, hoping it would give me some volume and maybe some definition when I wore my hair wavy. I have never found a mousse I loved and don't use it often at all. But I figured, what the heck, it will come in handy some day. This product did nothing for my hair but make it very sticky. No matter where, how and when I applied it, the results were the same. I've kept it just for the odd occasion I spike my son's hair, since it does help a bit with that and I prefer to avoid heavy things like waxes on him, but wouldn't repurchase this mousse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lolmama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite mousse! I have somewhat coarse thick naturally curly/wavy hair and needed something to lift my root/ mid area because my bottom curls are always so much fuller. Ive been using this product for over a year now and passed it on to my mother(pin straight hair) sister(thick wavy hair). You can feel the thickness in the foam and only need a small amount.

...use the thickening and plumping mousse.. I don't think there is a difference, or if they changed the look but its silver and yellow bottle instead of green/yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've use the plumping fat-tastic mousse only on my straight across bangs to give them a blunt look,and nothing else work nothing like this,and after i straighted my bangs with a flat iron they look more thicker and full of body,i i'm now on my second can and i'm totally going to buy more whenever i ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I gave this an overall rating of 4 because it does what it says, lots of volume, not sticky, and you need just the teeniest tiniest bit. But the smell, ugh, I couldn't get over it and I'll,be returning it. It smells really strong to me and like bad cologne. Oh well. For reference I have fine hair (lots of it) and its a little past my shoulders.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

As far as volume goes, this is probably the best mousse I have tried. But, honestly, mousses wieght down hair and dont do much. My hair type is straight. I have heavy hair even thought its thin and its up till my belly button. This gives average lift and volume. If your a mousse type of person, this is for you. But if your really want wonderful volume, try spray gels or even root lifters. They work better and really hold.
Check out my other hair product reviews too and let me know if this review was helpful or not.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lduffalo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will start off this review by saying... I pretty much have hated my hair my entire life. It is stick straight, has zero volume and is just BLAH!!! A friend told me about this mousse and I decided to try it out. I had been using TreSemme but wasn't really getting results. I am a big fan. I use it with the Suave Professionals Shea Butter and Almond (which I love). This product thickens and poofs up my hair. I am able to comb it, style with a round brush and the style stays in place.