October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Pink frosted layer cake 3-in-1

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try a Philosophy 3-in-1 for a while so when I saw this at my favorite discount store the other day I snapped it up. I don't find these particularly moisturizing, but I don't think that's their claim. This is fun for a night of pampering. I fill up the tub, turn the sound machine on to "rain forest" and lather up. Not sure how or why we're serving pink frosted layer cake in the rain forest, but hey - who cares. The scent doesn't stay with you and that's a good thing as most of us don't want to run around smelling like a bakery shop anyway. Not sure this smells that realistic - and if I were to buy one of these again, I'd probably try a different treat - maybe Cinnamon Buns.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for bakery scents so this was a must have for me. That said, I wasn't impressed with it. It's nice and all but it reminds me of bubble gum, not something I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HOLY CRAP. I cant tell you how much I love this smell.. I cant stop smelling it! its like cake in a bottle. It does smell like frosting and I just want to EAT IT! LOVE LOVE LOVE it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

I love the smell of this! It smells just like strawberry cake! I don't really smell icing, just straight up strawberry cake. It's very, very good.

As usual, this 3 in 1 moisturizes well. It's not that great as a bubble bath but as a shampoo and body wash, it's great.

My only real complaint is that the recipe on the bottle is for pink colored vanilla frosting! Where are the strawberries?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Yum!! this stuff smells sooo delicious, and to me it smells exactly like cake. Others think it smells generic but I can't agree. It also makes such a nice lather so you don't need to use a ton of it. I feel luxurious using it. It's true that the scent won't last past your shower, but seriously, it's a shower gel that goes down the drain, I don't expect a lot. I would get a lotion for that (but they don't make one for this scent...wish they did, I'd be all over it!!). I think this may be my favorite Philosophy scent, maybe even over falling in love, which was my favorite!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by tempest322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Philosophy 3-in-1's (my two favorites are Cinnamon Buns and Red Velvet Cake). I've found that a few of them smell plasticky and synthetic, though, and Pink Frosted Layer Cake is just on the edge of that category. The initial smell is delicious (though to me it smells more like a strawberry milkshake than a pink frosted cake -- I expected more of a "cakey" smell). But quickly it develops a synthetic edge to it, vaguely plastic. It's still a good smell, just not quite "real". So this one doesn't quite make the cut of the best Philosophy 3-in-1s for me. I'm still giving it four lippies, though, because the smell that lingers in the bathroom after a hot shower is lovely, and also I've been using it as a shampoo and it makes my hair quite shiny. Plus the packaging is so cute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My only downfall for Philosophy products is that I don't think the scent lingers on after you've used/washed it off.
The formulation is wonderful as always but..

This SCENT... Is like my HG philosophy scent.. I just can't get enough of it!

Opening this made me ditch all my milk, cookies, peppermint! It's just LOVELY! I can't even define it.

Yes it is a sweet, sugary scent, but in such a different way, I can't really explain. :)

I didn't get the fullsize, but the fun squeezable tubes from the .. Christmas House, set. I forget the name. I'll look it up later.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was starving for a pink frosted cupcake for days after I used this, lol! I think it smells wonderful, and it lathers up nicely too! I would definately repurchase a full size of this 3-in-1 scent!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Deannamariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This came with the Philosophy Bake Shoppe set. (I'll do a review on the other products soon). My first comment is that I only bought the set because of it's packaging and I am very happy I did.
It smells absolutely wonderful. Nothing like generic. It's just amazing to me. I can't really place the scent. I'd go with strawberry cake with regular frosting. I can't really pick up vanilla, maybe it's too mixed in with the strawberry but there is another scent (or multiple scents) mixed in with the strawberry. It just smells wonderful.
My only complaint is that it doesn't linger. At all. Once you get out of the shower its gone. But I barely use it, I just keep it in my room and smell it. :).
I haven't used it for a bubble bath yet, but I'll say that it would probably be a pretty nice bath and one of the best I'd have.
As a shampoo, it acts as a store brand one. But they don't advertise it as a great cleansing shampoo or a volumising one or etc. So you can't really expect more than an average shampoo out of it and you can't complain about it being average. (Which I won't)
Another cute thing is that it gives you a recipies for all the products in the set.
Overall, I'm so happy with it. I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone. And did I mention that the packaging is pretty goddamn cute too?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore sweet foodie scents. Assorted dessert scented shower gels and lip glosses? Sign me up.

I expected Pink Frosted Layer Cake to smell, well, like cake with frosting. The shower gel that arrived smells artificial and intensely saccharine. Between the fake sugary notes, there are hints of strawberry and coconut. I don't detect any vanilla which seems oddly lacking in a foodie fragrance. Overall, there is nothing that holds this bizarre scent together, nor does it smell natural or authentically real.

The performance of this 3-in-1 is excellent: lots of foamy lather, gentle and effective. If you can tolerate the scent while showering, this shower gel's saving grace is that the scent does not linger on the skin.

I'm awarding one lippie for performance. I find the scent peculiar and synthetic -- nothing like a real baked good. I returned this to Sephora and would refuse Pink Frosted Layer Cake 3-in-1 again even if it were free.