John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Phenyltrimethicone, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005)

on 8/3/2015 1:05:00 PM

I think this is a really nice product. My hair is slightly wavy and doesn't get too frizzy, but this makes the very ends nice and soft. I only use on the very ends of my dry hair. You can find it in most drug stores and the price is reasonable.

on 7/12/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

if you're looking for a creme product to take away frizz, this is it!
I have thin, straight, blonde hair and have put a tinyyyy bit of this lightly throughout my hair after I blow dry and it really does take care of frizz! honestly, I'd compare it to the tigi bed head after party.
I expected this to have a higher rating here. it adds softness and makes my hair feel really good. it smells good and does exactly what it says it will do. if it weighs down your hair, use less. it doesn't need to be applied throughout all of your hair.
if you need a heavier frizz control product, perhaps the john frieda serum is a good option.

I find this works better after I blow dry. if I use it before, I'm forced to use too much and it gets heavy

I do wish it added extra shine or nourishment to my hair, but it's simply a post blow dry defrizzer.
not sure how it would hold up to curls, but I love it and keep a mini size in my purse also!

on 6/23/2015 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Too greasy. Slight sticky residue, although to be fair, far less than other brands. It seems to work a bit better on the ends of wet hair, or throughout very dry hair. Probably only good if your hair is in very bad condition. Given that avocado oil is the 3rd ingredient, it may just be easier to try that by itself.

on 4/20/2015 12:50:00 PM

LOOVVEE! Just bought this product for the first time, as a replacement for JF's Brilliant Brunette Satin shine finishing creme, which must be discontinued, since A) I really liked it and B) I can't find it anywhere! LOL. I took my almost empty tube with me and compared ingredients, and this one seemed to be very close, imagine that. This is BETTER, though!! My "routine" is pretty simple - I try to wash my hair only 2x a week, maybe 3 in warmer weather. I brush it out at night and put it up in a bun on my head, and restyle in the AM. I love salt sprays for that, but they ARE super drying, as so many ladies here have noted, and VERY rarely do I break out the blow dryer. I don't own any other styling tools. So I usually use a salt spray on my roots, and then the finishing creme from middle to ends. This product makes my hair so much softer, and the ends look smoother, WITHOUT taking away body. I will gladly update if my results change - but this is great! The price is right, and I really don't care about the packaging, if it's serviceable and dispenses the product reliably. It has a very faint fresh scent that dissipates once it's in my hair, too, so no competition with other fragrances. My hair just feels soft, the ends look great (not fuzzy!) and my hair is shiny, with just the right amount of pieceiness. Happy to have found this!

I've been using this for a week now and I really like it. When I run it thru my hair there is a certain...dryness...like the product catches on my hair and weighs it down, which is exactly what I want. Most finishing creams are too silky and light weight for me. I have straight long hair that gets frizzy easily and I need something serious. Light and silky sounds great but tacky and heavy is what actually works

on 1/19/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought a small trial size of this for $1.99 at Walgreens. I was hesitant as I have tried so many products claiming to keep my frizzies in check all of which have failed.
I have also tried John Frieda before in different formulas (not the shampoos and conditioner though) and so far the creams and serums did not work for me.
This product so far has been pretty good.
The smell is very light and I cannot detect it in my hair. It does not weigh down my hair or make it greasy. My hair feels nice and soft. It works pretty well for the on the frizz. It is not perfect but my hair looks so much better. I can slightly tell there is something in my hair but on my hair I always can.

on 1/17/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to fall back time and time again for my naturally curly sometimes frizzy hair!! I try other products but always come back to this one! Until I find something better, I have 4 tubes of this in my bathroom and love it!

on 12/18/2014 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A very nice anti-frizz creme. Smells good, temporarily stops frizz, and doesn't make my hair greasy. It is a bit pricey for drugstore, but much better than salon brands. Not my Holy Grail though, there are better out there.

on 8/19/2014 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have thick, colored, dry curly hair and need powerful anti-frizz products to calm the poof when summer gets humid. This one doesn't deliver. It calms the poof super temporarily (like an half hour at most) and is expensive to boot.
I use the J. Frieda anti-frizz serum after washing my hair and it does a fairly ok job so this product is superfluous to me.

on 8/19/2014 10:13:00 AM

Bought this the other day at target. I love everything about it. My hair isnt overly frizzy but I do get those frizzy bits near the top of my head. I put some of this on it (and the keyword here is some because it goes a long way) and it seems to have been the oomph my hair needed. Made my hair look fantastic now. I will definitely buy this again.