John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Phenyltrimethicone, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005)

on 1/19/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

So far so good.
I bought a small trial size of this for $1.99 at walgreens. I was hesitant as I have tried so many products claiming to keep my frizzies in check all of which have failed.
I have also tried John Frieda before in different formulas (not the shampoos and conditioner though) and so far the creams and serums did not work for me.
This product so far has been pretty good.
The smell is very light and I cannot detect it in my hair. It does not weigh down my hair or make it greasy. My hair feels nice and soft. It works pretty well for the on the frizz. It is not perfect but my hair looks so much better. I can slightly tell there is something in my hair but on my hair I always can.
For now until I find one that blows my mind this is my go to for frizz and finishing!!
I may just fork up the money and try the shampoo and conditioner next.

on 1/17/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to fall back time and time again for my naturally curly sometimes frizzy hair!! I try other products but always come back to this one! Until I find something better, I have 4 tubes of this in my bathroom and love it!

on 12/18/2014 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A very nice anti-frizz creme. Smells good, temporarily stops frizz, and doesn't make my hair greasy. Bit pricey though.

on 8/19/2014 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have thick, colored, dry curly hair and need powerful anti-frizz products to calm the poof when summer gets humid. This one doesn't deliver. It calms the poof super temporarily (like an half hour at most) and is expensive to boot.
I use the J. Frieda anti-frizz serum after washing my hair and it does a fairly ok job so this product is superfluous to me.

on 8/19/2014 10:13:00 AM

Bought this the other day at target. I love everything about it. My hair isnt overly frizzy but I do get those frizzy bits near the top of my head. I put some of this on it (and the keyword here is some because it goes a long way) and it seems to have been the oomph my hair needed. Made my hair look fantastic now. I will definitely buy this again.

on 7/13/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought at Wally world on a whim. I straighten my natural wavy/fluffy hair daily. I don't like to use "smoothing" products because I feel like it weighs my hair down/ makes it greasy so I tend to veer away despite the Florida humidity I deal with

Anyways, I have shoulder length hair and apply a small amount to ends and it just feels like its doing nothing. I don't want to overuse because then it makes my hair stick together...

I feel like J Frieda products are 70% hype 30% actual muscle.

All in all, it smells nice but does nothing for me.

on 5/25/2014 12:03:00 AM

I was clearing out some old products from my stash and came across this, barely used. I know that I tried to make it work for me, but I can't recall getting any results that made me want to use it again. Not sure why I bought it, or even when, but it seems this was a waste of money for me. Smells nice, good packaging, but it's too heavy for my fine hair and makes my hair look lank and stringy and frizzy. No thanks.

on 3/14/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

They should call this product Frizz Enhancing.... I have thick, curly hair that became frizzier with age. Some years ago I tried a couple of other products from the Frieda line, but the serum made my scalp hitch and I stopped using it, while the shampoo was of the "take it or leave it" type.

A few months ago, in a moment of desperation, after having tried unsuccessfully many other anti-frizz products, I decided to try this styling cream, hoping quality had improved.

Turns out it is actually worse than I remember it. I used the cream on a day with medium humidity and in the evening my hair was super frizzy, looked greasy and hung limply on my head. It was as if the product had actually increased the natural frizziness of my hair, producing a total, unbelievable mess.

As much as I hate throwing away an almost full tube of any product, the horrible result was too much to bear, not to mention the fact that the itchiness returned almost immediately, so I guess I am allergic to some of the components as well.

I got rid of the Frieda stuff and will never buy any ever again.

on 1/30/2014 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to use this years ago and then found a tube when i was having a clear out last week! It is perfect for when your ends are dry and they need smoothing and some life!

I had seriously forgotten how good this is. I like to use this when my hair feels dry at the ends and especially when i curl my hair using tongs/heated rollers. My hair tends to get a little crunchy after using tongs and heated rollers and i find this puts moisture back into the hair and stops that hard crunchiness to the hair. It gives curls definition but keeps them soft and retains their shape. So you get bounce, shine and soft curls which is what i want! Will keep repurchasing as you only need a tiny bit and it is cheap.

The only similar product i can think of is TIGI after party which is a smoothing cream. You do get a lot of that but i think it's expensive for what you get (£12-£15). I much prefer the John Frieda finishing cream.

on 10/20/2013 3:22:00 PM

This was nice, but I think it was just too heavy for my fine hair. It just kinda weighed it down. Sure, it got rid of frizzies. But I didn't feel like it made it any shinier. If your hair is thick and frizzy and I can see how this might be a God-send. But for me, I just like the JF Frizz Ease serum much better.

Popular Styling Products