April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

They should call this product Frizz Enhancing.... I have thick, curly hair that became frizzier with age. Some years ago I tried a couple of other products from the Frieda line, but the serum made my scalp hitch and I stopped using it, while the shampoo was of the "take it or leave it" type.

A few months ago, in a moment of desperation, after having tried unsuccessfully many other anti-frizz products, I decided to try this styling cream, hoping quality had improved.

Turns out it is actually worse than I remember it. I used the cream on a day with medium humidity and in the evening my hair was super frizzy, looked greasy and hung limply on my head. It was as if the product had actually increased the natural frizziness of my hair, producing a total, unbelievable mess.

As much as I hate throwing away an almost full tube of any product, the horrible result was too much to bear, not to mention the fact that the itchiness returned almost immediately, so I guess I am allergic to some of the components as well.

I got rid of the Frieda stuff and will never buy any ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this years ago and then found a tube when i was having a clear out last week! It is perfect for when your ends are dry and they need smoothing and some life!

I had seriously forgotten how good this is. I like to use this when my hair feels dry at the ends and especially when i curl my hair using tongs/heated rollers. My hair tends to get a little crunchy after using tongs and heated rollers and i find this puts moisture back into the hair and stops that hard crunchiness to the hair. It gives curls definition but keeps them soft and retains their shape. So you get bounce, shine and soft curls which is what i want! Will keep repurchasing as you only need a tiny bit and it is cheap.

The only similar product i can think of is TIGI after party which is a smoothing cream. You do get a lot of that but i think it's expensive for what you get (£12-£15). I much prefer the John Frieda finishing cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

This was nice, but I think it was just too heavy for my fine hair. It just kinda weighed it down. Sure, it got rid of frizzies. But I didn't feel like it made it any shinier. If your hair is thick and frizzy and I can see how this might be a God-send. But for me, I just like the JF Frizz Ease serum much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I usually like John Frieda products, but I really wasn't impressed at all with this. It didn't do anything terrible to my hair, but at the same time, it didn't do much of anything that it claims to do. It actually made my hair kind of dull. It pretty much just felt like unnecessary added gunk in my hair. It smelled nice though. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years and it is still just as fantastic as the first time. I am racially mixed so my hair is very course and frizzy and this product tames my hair in an instant. On super humid (and i mean SUPER humid) days it does not last all day, but otherwise it is excellent. I have a lot of thick hair and only have to use a small amount of product to keep frizz away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by XangoAnnie

I absolutely LUFF this stuff..I have only used it for a couple of weeks..and I have had 3 people say..your hair looks so nice, and did you just come from the hairdresser. My hair is short, medium fine and wavy..I don''t use styling products on it i.e. mousse, no blow drying..I just style it with my fingers and let it air dry..used Kiehl's Silk Groom for decades..and still like it OK..but my bangs curling in the humidity etc. was driving me nutso...I just put this on my towel dry hair..damp..finger style it and it looks great..polished with shine..I am a convert...with my luck in having the things I love get discontinued..maybe I should buy a crate of it...Just in case!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by libertine1988

In my country there are not many products that do what the Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme does. Mostly it is gel or mousse or spray and lately a lot of oils but nothing creamy that puts back the Frizz, especially when you straighten your hair like I do. So this gives it a healthy shine and puts the flying hairs back into place and I have mine for 2 years now and its still working and doesn't smell funny or anything. The price is okay considering that I still have it so long (but I don't use it on a daily basis). Still worth its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Leeah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Non greasy and makes my damaged, dry hair look awesome. Especially on the go when I can't spend too much time working on it at home. Smells great and doesn't weigh down hair. Little bit goes a long way for me. Really helps mask damaged split ends (which I have so many of and just cannot help to my wits end!) and also fly aways. Super helpful for dry hair in winter and also when humidity strikes in summer.

My hair is pretty fine and straight, shoulder length. Have already repurchased another to leave in my desk at work and will again for sure. Overall a fantastic finishing cream that helps conceal flaws.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by gabriellalissa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I literally just made an account just to write this review, because I'm shocked that there are bad ones. I'm one of those girls that HATES my hair. It's thick, course, frizzy, and its this awkward in between of curly and wavy. But I LOVE this product. I keep one in my bathroom and one in my backpack or purse. I think you do have to learn to use it right, because only a dot is needed or else I can understand how it would make your hair feel greasy or sticky. Otherwise, it calms my frizz and gives my hair a softer, shinier texture that it would never have on its own. I recommend using a dot and distributing as evenly as possible. I will be buying this as long as they have it for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by alinapoly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i was very disappointed by this product because it tames fly-aways for a few minutes and then they just come back. i would not rebuy because it does nothing for my hair. i use it after straightening (with heat protector applied) as the "secret weapon finishing creme" it's described as and it just not help at all.